Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2017 7:22:31 PM EDT
I originally was going to try something like this

but it won't fit pistols with lights, unless they're upside down. Which I guess could work, but isn't ideal. And it's kinda flimsy.

Then I was thinking maybe something like this

How do they work with pistols with suppressor height sights? And they certainly don't look like they'll work with RMRs.

What's everyone use for pistol storage/organization?
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I recommend a 5 gal Homer bucket under your desk. That should store a lot of handguns of all shapes and sizes.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I was able to put a sheet of pegboard on the inside door of one of my safes. Used some clear tubing on the hooks. Works well.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I recommend a 5 gal Homer bucket under your desk. That should store a lot of handguns of all shapes and sizes.
View Quote
This is bad. And you should feel bad.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 7:40:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Try these...https://www.amazon.com/Gun-Storage-Solutions-Handgun-Kickstands/dp/B00AV6D4H4/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1511912257&sr=8-26&keywords=pistol+storage+racks

or these...https://www.amazon.com/Hyskore-Six-Gun-Speed-Rack/dp/B00K1FZT78/ref=sr_1_53?ie=UTF8&qid=1511912304&sr=8-53&keywords=pistol+storage+racks
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Then I was thinking maybe something like this
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81Jz3FILmsL._SL1376_.jpg
How do they work with pistols with suppressor height sights? And they certainly don't look like they'll work with RMRs.
View Quote
I use these, they work great with all my handguns with normal sights.  My handguns with optics get these.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81wm21EAEsL._SL1500_.jpg
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 7:47:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I use something like this for my pistols: Pot lid rack
Walmart, $5 or so.  Coated wire, non-scratch.  I cut off the legs so it sits flat on the shelf, and  I put the pistols in slide down, mag well up.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#7]
IN. I need answers too
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I use several of these type organizers lined up on the top shelf of my safe.  Mine are made of plastic, so there's no scratching the guns.  Works great for cheap.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Somebody get this guy a membership
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I just put them in those zippered gun socks and just stack them in their.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I use the hangers like you have in the second pic OP. Suppressor height sights? NP at all. I have a FNX-T with a RM07 and those still work, granted I had to bend it a bit.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I use the hangers like you have in the second pic OP. Suppressor height sights? NP at all. I have a FNX-T with a RM07 and those still work, granted I had to bend it a bit.
View Quote
Do you mind getting a picture of the FNX in the hanger? That's the pistol that I have with an RMR too.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 8:05:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Quoted:
This is bad. And you should feel bad.
View Quote
Quoted:

View Quote
This place makes me laugh pretty good sometimes !!

_
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do you mind getting a picture of the FNX in the hanger? That's the pistol that I have with an RMR too.
View Quote
Standby

ETA:

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 8:31:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 9:34:15 PM EDT
[#17]

old safe

Link Posted: 11/29/2017 1:34:36 AM EDT
[#18]
I cut slots every 1/4 in in a 1x6 and then used pieces of plexi glass as needed for dividers. Sorry no pics.

looks like the black letter divider above but adjustable.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 1:39:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Amazon Product
  • PVC coating won't scratch or damage handgun's finish
  • Free up room in your gun safe or cabinet
  • Use at the range to hold handguns while not in use

Link Posted: 11/29/2017 1:39:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Last time we had this thread someone was using one of those shoe holders you hang on a closet door.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 1:43:23 AM EDT
[#21]
http://www.armoryracks.com
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 1:44:18 AM EDT
[#22]
I just open it up and toss 'em in, if they fall, throw them in a different spot.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:43:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Eventually you might end up with so many handguns, none of these racks make sense, as you won't be able to fit enough in the safe.
The top one you show I've got, and basically all I use it for is pellet/bb guns at this point.  Some are made by HySkore and they aren't good for much.
The over the shelf wire types are ok, but , again they won't let you store many.
In the end, get some Bore Stores gun cases (thick socks), and stack the handguns on top of each other on a shelf, as the product is thick and won't allow guns to get scratched up.  Buy some safety pins, and get some of those labels about three inches long, with the strings at an office supply store, to pin on the Bore Stores and label them with what's inside.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:55:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I use these, they work great with all my handguns with normal sights.  My handguns with optics get these.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81wm21EAEsL._SL1500_.jpg
View Quote
I have something similar, and it works great, plus it was FREE

Locate a dishwasher at the dump, curb, etc.  Rob the rolling basket out, it is vinyl covered metal. Use snips to cut off the parts that won't fit in your safe, and cover the cut ends with vinyl caps or a little heat shrink tube.   Voila, stack a row of pistols in scratch free comfort.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:15:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Thanks for everyone's ideas.

After a bit more searching I came across this.
<a href="https://youtu.be/SszD7Z0ocxk">https://youtu.be/SszD7Z0ocxk
</a>
Homemade Pistol Racks (Easy DIY Solution)

The best part is it's free.

I found The shorter piece of fencing worked better for me. And I will secure it directly to the shelf.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#27]
I use a canvas over the door shoe organizer hanging on the inside of my safe door. It cost about $9.
This is an old picture. It's pretty much full now.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
I chortled.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Benchmaster Weapon Rack - Amazon

Anybody have any experience with these?  There is an 18 gun model that looks tempting.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 12:32:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I use several of these type organizers lined up on the top shelf of my safe.  Mine are made of plastic, so there's no scratching the guns.  Works great for cheap.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/178484/organizer-375465.JPG
View Quote
This is what I have, but I added a folded piece of corrugated cardboard to hold loaded mags on top. The organizer is set back from the front of the safe, so the bottom of the grip rests on the shelf, and the trigger guard/barrel are inside the organizer. Loaded mags go on the cardboard shelf in each slot above the gun, and spare parts go farther back in the slot. If the gun is ready to grab and go (loaded and topped off) then it's stored butt-down so you can just grab it and stick it in a holster; if it's not in a ready state, it's stored with the grip pointing upward so you can see the empty mag well.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 2:21:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Attachment Attached File

I ended up making the racks.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Mount a magnetic toolbar under a shelf. Stick flat topped pistols and magazines to it. I have Glocks, M&Ps, and a shit ton of mags on an 18" one.

Then profit.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Get one or more of these from amazon or Walmart, etc.:
shelf rack
Lay it on its side, with the feet against the back wall of the safe. Bend the wires as necessary for thicker slides. It keeps the pistols separated, but is minimalist enough that it doesn't interfere with odd configurations.  
Lay a piece of masonite on top of the rack for a second tier.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Benchmaster Weapon Rack - Amazon

Anybody have any experience with these?  There is an 18 gun model that looks tempting.
View Quote
Picked one of these up.  Works great. it is foam and plastic.  I'll buy more of these if I need to organize more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top