Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2002 2:20:21 PM EDT
Cool!  The CATO Institute!

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,71750,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 2:38:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Was just going to post this.  I think you east coast guys have already lost but, good luck anywho...
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Was just going to post this.  I think you east coast guys have already lost but, good luck anywho...
View Quote

Uh, don't forget the PRK. We need to fight ALL of these battles until the war is won!

PONY_DRIVER
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#4]
"The Second Amendment provides an individual right for a person to bare arms, not a collective right, not a right of the states, not a right of the militia, but a right on each and every person," said Bob Levy, a senior fellow in constitutional studies at CATO.

Um, I think they meant to say, "a right to _bear_ arms..."  The senior fellow in constitutional studies no doubt knew what he meant, but the Fox News guy needs remedial English work.

Now, for this little pearl of wisdom from the left: "Supporters of of the D.C. laws, however, say the vast majority of gun violence is not the result of people defending themselves, but comes from criminals committing homicide."

Well, thank you for making our point for us, Mr. Liberal, sir.  Sheesh, where do they find these guys?
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#5]
This is good!

I live in northern Virginia and the DC anti-gun laws are a joke.  The politicians have body guards or permits to carry and the gangstas carry illegally...'cause they be criminals anyway!

It pisses me off to know that I can't carry into DC.  Too risky...I don't want to lose my rights here and I suspect that if I were to be stopped for any reason, they might just run me on the inter-agency SCMODS and notice, as the VA state troopers do, that I am licensed to carry concealed.  Knowing that...the DC lawmen might want to check me out.  Sooooo...I don't go there much and when I do...I go light.

I hope they fight this all the way to the Supremes and we win...then lets try it in Kalifornistan!
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#6]
And they let Jay Rockefeller keep his pre-ban AR-15 in his DC residence. SUCKS!

CRC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top