Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 3:40:33 PM EDT
So,

I picked up some new safety shoes for work. Love the fit and feel.

Got to work this morning and tossed my old ones. Turns out the ones I bought are rubber soled. I work in paper/printing... Spinning rolls coupled with low humidity made for an interesting day. Anytime I got within about 12" of the roll, my shoes would arc to the ground, with a loud audible SNAP.

Seeing how I've worn the shoes now, is there anything I can do?

I was thinking about drilling a hole through the sole, inserting some alum foil in between the sole and the insole and connecting it with a wire of some sort.

Anyone have any ideas what I can do? Shoes are great, minus the shocks!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Just cover the whole shoe inside and out with aluminum foil.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just cover the whole shoe inside and out with aluminum foil.

I'd prefer not to oust my super arfcom status to everyone at the mill.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Drive a roofing nail through from the inside.  So that the point of the nail is just sticking out.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:55:09 PM EDT
[#4]
You could buy grounding straps used in electronics labs & manufacturing. Look them up on google.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:59:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Hang a copper wire from your buttcheeks and let it dangle on the ground.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top