Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 6:12:23 PM EDT
I'm looking into getting a shop press and a drill press for the house to save money at the machine shop. I dont need industrial strength tools since it will be periodic use. The grizzly tools look like a good deal for the money, and I was wondering how they hold up. Also if anyone else knows of a good brand for home use I'm open to sugestions.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Dont get a Bosch.
I got one from Home Depot for occasional use and the flippin motor doesnt have any nuts whatso ever.
Unfortunately no experience with other drill presses.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I've owned some of their stuff for YEARS!
I have one of their 10" table saws, and several of their air nailers....all very good stuff.
I would buy it all again, and have recommended them to a few people. They also have always been great with
any problems I have heard of, with regards to customer service. I have never needed to call, so YMMV!

Check out their website, and see if they have what you are looking for.

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:01:17 PM EDT
[#3]
We used Grizzly mills in my college machine shops.  Overall, I never really had a problem with them, but there was alot of slop in the controls.  With that said, 80 cadets a year learned machining on them so crashes were frequent.

For light projects they should do fine.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:18:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a grizzley drill press.

Too much runout in the spindle for my taste.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:10:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Grizzly brand is the same stuff from Harbor Freight. And HF is cheaper usually. Plus if your lucky you can get a 20 % off coupon through HF. Run out is sloppy on most of the items you buy cheap , so keep that in mind.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Grizzly brand is the same stuff from Harbor Freight. And HF is cheaper usually. Plus if your lucky you can get a 20 % off coupon through HF. Run out is sloppy on most of the items you buy cheap , so keep that in mind.

Harbor Freight doesn't care what condition the tool is in when it comes to them, Grizzly does.  Runout can be adjusted on the Grizzly tools as well.  One of my friends runs a Super X3 with a DRO and it works very nicely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top