Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2004 1:59:10 AM EDT
POsting in another thread got me on this so I have to get it off my chest.  This is fucking BS to impose a restriction from owning a gun for any crime that carries a possible punishment of >12 months in jail.  IMO it was written like this to incorporate as many petty crimes as possible to disarm as many people as possible without fucking with a constitutionality problem.  I would imagine that there are some states where flicking a booger out the window while speeding could get you 2-5.  Okay, being sarcastic but each state has different laws and penalties, who the fuck is the fed to lay a fucking blanket upon the states?  Isn't there something in the Constitution prohibiting this stuff, like the 10th ammendment or something?  My point is that some states have stricter laws than others and what one gets nailed for in one state would ban you by the feds but in another state the same crime and conviction would not.  Just seems wrong.  The state should be left up to these decisions IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top