Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 8:27:35 AM EDT
Two different shows tonight, the debut of Affliction (gay clothing brand) with an absolutely stacked card, best since probably the PRIDE Middleweight GP.  Including Fedor vs former UFC champ big Tim.  Also featuring Arlovski and the debut of Vitor Belfort at 185.

Full Card (PPV):

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Tim Sylvia
Josh Barnett vs. Pedro Rizzo
Renato Sobral vs. Mike Whitehead
Matt Lindland vs. Fabio Negao
Savant Young vs. Mark Hominick
Ray Lazama vs. Justin Levens
J.J. Ambrose vs. Mike Pyle
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Edwin Dewees
Andrei Arlovski vs. Ben Rothwell
Vitor Belfort vs. Terry Martin
Gary Goodridge vs. Paul Buentello

Also a UFC tonight, with Anderson Silva making his debut at 205.

FUll card (SPIKE):

Anderson Silva vs. James Irvin
Brandon Vera vs. Reese Andy
Jake O’Brien vs. Cain Velasquez
Anthony Johnson vs. Kevin Burns
Hermes Franca vs. Frankie Edgar
James Giboo vs. Brad Blackburn
Johnny Rees vs. Nate Loughran
Brodie Farber vs. Rory Markham
Dale Hartt vs. Shannon Gugerty
C.B. Dollaway vs. Jesse Taylor
Tim Credeur vs. Cale Yarbrough
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:36:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I've been looking forward to this one for a while.

Going to go with the UFC card, largely because it's free, and because I want to see the bigger Anderson Silva do his stuff.

But should be a bunch of good fights no matter which one.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:39:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yeah, I've been looking forward to this one for a while.

Going to go with the UFC card, largely because it's free, and because I want to see the bigger Anderson Silva do his stuff.

But should be a bunch of good fights no matter which one.

Affliction card is far superior than the UFC throw together.  Besides, UFC fight card will be all over the internet tomorrow.  (Okay, Affliction will be be too, it will just be illegal).

I have seen ever Fedor fight since he started in Pride.  The guy is amazing.  It will be interesting to see if Tim Sylvia can pull off the biggest upset in MMA this year.

Most amazing thing I've ever seen in MMA is Fedor getting dumped by Randleman and then coming back and winning by submission.

Full fight here.  youtube.com/watch?v=VWIZ01K3tGU
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:43:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I just set my DVR.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:43:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll be saving my money and watching the UFC fight.

If Tim is able to beat Fedor it does nothing more than prove what Dana White has been saying all along - namely that Fedor is vastly overrated.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:49:08 AM EDT
[#5]
The UFC has a weak fight card tonight.  I'm guessing that's why it's free.  

I didn't know that Barnett had a falling out with the UFC, that may very well be the reason Fedor chose not to sign with them.  Fedor and Barnett are very good friends.  

Fedor will take big Tim out with his famous armbar!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:55:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I didn't know that Barnett had a falling out with the UFC, that may very well be the reason Fedor chose not to sign with them.  Fedor and Barnett are very good friends.  

The reason the UFC card is free is to put Affliction out of business before they even start.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The reason the UFC card is free is to put Affliction out of business before they even start.

yep, Dana put this card together in under a month, completely last second.  He's nervous about the Affliction card, and he should be.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:19:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

yep, Dana put this card together in under a month, completely last second.  He's nervous about the Affliction card, and he should be.

Either way it's a win for the fans.  Either Affliction emerges as a top-quality U.S. promotion and we have more good fights to watch, or Dana has to raise the bar on pay and treatment for the fighters, the UFC grows with more world-class talent, and we have more good fights to watch. Where's the negative?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Who is showing the PPV?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:49:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Vitor is back !
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Someone in another thread had said the Affliction fight would be avail on the net somewhere for free ..... anyone know where?.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Someone in another thread had said the Affliction fight would be avail on the net somewhere for free ..... anyone know where?.

sopcast and tvu programs both stream the mma-tv channel.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah the TVU is up and running, a bit blurry but free.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the thread, I had no idea UFC was on Spike tonight!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#15]
who won the Anderson Silva vs. Irvin fight?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Silva destroyed him in less than a minute.  James irvin kicked, anderson silva caught it and threw a right hand to the face.  That was it. He will pick his way through the 205's too.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:52:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

If Tim is able to beat Fedor it does nothing more than prove what Dana White has been saying all along - namely that Fedor is vastly overrated.

Wonder what Dana is thinking now?  Probably, "Shit, Fedor is as good as they say.  Guess I should have opened up my wallet a little more."
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:15:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Silva destroyed him in less than a minute.  James irvin kicked, anderson silva caught it and threw a right hand to the face.  That was it. He will pick his way through the 205's too.

Did you see the huge gash under his eye from Anderson punch

I was very impressed with the sportsmanship, gratitude and respect that both fighters showed each other.  Silva appears to be a very humbel man
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:16:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Silva and Irvin

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:21:23 AM EDT
[#20]
as impressive as Anderson was, Fedor stole the night.  He walked right thru Big Tim in only 36 seconds proving he is, without a doubt, the number 1 heavyweight.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:24:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Vitor Belfort Ko's Terry Martin:

Arlovski KOs the IFL champ, Ben Rothwell:

And Catch Wrestler Josh Barnett gets his revenge against Pedro Rizzo:

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:28:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Dana White has been saying all along - namely that Fedor is vastly overrated.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:32:08 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wonder what Dana is thinking now?  Probably, "Shit, Fedor is as good as they say.  Guess I should have opened up my wallet a little more."

I thought Fedor won't fight UFC because UFC wanted him to give up fighting Sambo and he wouldn't do it.  Not because of a money issue.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:33:35 AM EDT
[#24]
I watched the UFC card, which was okay.  Being free made it a little better...

but watching those gifs makes me wish I'd paid for the pay-per-view instead.  I knew Emilianenko would kick Silvia's ass, but damn!  

I'd heard that Fedor wouldn't come to the UFC because Dana wanted him exclusively, and he wanted to be able to fight wherever/whenever/whoever he wanted.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:37:43 AM EDT
[#25]
thanks for the AAR.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:39:10 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought Fedor won't fight UFC because UFC wanted him to give up fighting Sambo and he wouldn't do it.  Not because of a money issue.

I think it was because of Zuffa's strict non-compete clause, and Fedor wanting to fight under the M1 promotion in Russia, where Putin is one of his biggest fans.  I doubt Dana would care about a non-televised Sambo event.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:39:46 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHAT? That's like telling Chuck Liddel he can't box. I doubt it.

It was a money issue. Fedor didn't like Dana's offer. Dana trys to make him look underrated.

Only the people who know nothing about MMA outside of the UFC believe Dana.

Fuck him.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:40:16 AM EDT
[#28]

The russians were kicking ass tonight!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top