Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2021 7:27:50 PM EDT
“Colorado Springs, Colorado – Today, the Department of the Air Force officially renamed Peterson Air Force Base and Schriever Air Force Base into Space Force Bases, and renamed Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station “Cheyenne Mountain Space Force Station.” The joint ceremony took place at Peterson Air Force Base and was presided over by General Raymond. Congressman Lamborn has strongly advocated for this designation and has been a champion for the newly created United States Space Force and American space power.”

“Congressman Lamborn issued the following statement after attending the base renaming ceremony:

“I was pleased to attend the renaming ceremony for Peterson Space Force Base, Schriever Space Force Base, and Cheyenne Mountain Space Force Station. Colorado Springs is the center of space activity in the country and plays a unique role in our national security space enterprise. This move is a key milestone in establishing a distinct identity for the United States Space Force.  We must continue to focus on national security space and prioritize the significance of space as a war-fighting domain. As a leader in advocating for the creation of the United States Space Force, this is a crucial step in protecting our critical space assets and maintaining American space dominance.” “
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:22:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Apophis will be angered.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Colorado Springs was always a target because of that damn ring thing in the basement.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Colorado Springs was always a target because of that damn ring thing in the basement.
https://www.gateworld.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/stargate_sgc_unending.jpg
View Quote

I've been inside the Mtn and the portal doesn't look anything like that...

Seriously, inside the Mtn is awesome...the first time.  Every time afterwards, it's not as cool but it's an experience most of you can only take my word on.  You don't know what dark is until they turn off the lights...
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Last time I was in Cheyenne mtn I walked past a dude who reeked of pot.  WTF?  
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:08:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Seriously, inside the Mtn is awesome...the first time.  Every time afterwards, it's not as cool but it's an experience most of you can only take my word on.  You don't know what dark is until they turn off the lights...
View Quote

I’d love a tour. Thought I was lucky enough for the opportunity to look into the tunnel and that unfortunately didn’t happen. I believe I still have my gate pass as a souvenir though.

I know a guy that’s been in multiple times and he still proclaims there’s four snipers above the entrance because that’s what one of the SF told him.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:11:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Haven't been in there, but have been down a mine shaft and had the lights turn off.  DARK.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:16:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://www.gateworld.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/stargate_sgc_unending.jpg
View Quote

Indeed.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Space Force is a really stupid name.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:26:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Haven't been in there, but have been down a mine shaft and had the lights turn off.  DARK.
View Quote
It gets that way when there's no fucking light.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top