User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 12:48:52 PM EDT
Florida Woman Held in Attack on Cop with Chicken Wings
Scene Near Smyrna Center Neared Riot, Police Say

POSTED: 5:01 a.m. EDT September 27, 2005
UPDATED: 5:01 a.m. EDT September 27, 2005

Story by wsbtv.com

SMYRNA -- A Florida woman was arrested after allegedly attacking a suburban Atlanta police officer with a plate of chicken wings and a 2-liter bottle, police said.

Beverly Anne Campbell, 61, of St. Petersburg, Fla., was arrested for misdemeanor battery and felony assault on a police officer, acccording to a Smyrna police arrest warrant. She was also arrested on a misdemeanor charge of inciting a riot, the warrant said.

The incident happened Friday during a function at the Smyrna Community Center, said spokesman Capt. Keith Zgnoc. Officer W.D. Nesbit stopped a driver leaving the event who was traveling the wrong way on a one-way street.

But Campbell apparently objected to the traffic stop and attempted to turn the crowd against the officer, according to the warrant.

She allegedly threw the plate of chicken wings at Nesbit, hit him with the Coke bottle in the neck and then punched him in the face, "several times, leaving visible injuries,"
according to the warrant.

Another partygoer, Darius Campbell, was arrested on felony obstruction and misdemeanor counts of battery and inciting a riot.

The car driver, Brian Cedric Campbell, was arrested for aggravated assault on an officer and obstruction and misdemeanor counts of inciting a riot, disobeying a traffic control device and refusing a DUI test.

What's a full 2-liter bottle weigh?  I'm normally pretty forgiving of the elderly, but in this case I hope her knocked her TFO.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Beverly Anne Campbell, 61, of St. Petersburg, Fla., was arrested for misdemeanor battery and felony assault on a police officer, acccording to a Smyrna police arrest warrant. She was also arrested on a misdemeanor charge of inciting a riot, the warrant said.

I thought assaulting an office was a felony?

If so is she getting a free ride because she's old?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Beverly Anne Campbell, 61, of St. Petersburg, Fla., was arrested for misdemeanor battery and felony assault on a police officer, acccording to a Smyrna police arrest warrant.

It is you  must read more carefully.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Beverly Anne Campbell, 61, of St. Petersburg, Fla., was arrested for misdemeanor battery and felony assault on a police officer, acccording to a Smyrna police arrest warrant.

It is, you  must read more carefully.

Ah, jumped right over the felonious part.  Mind was somewhere else...

BTW:

You need a comma after It is.  Doesn't make sense without it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is, you  must read more carefully.

Ah, jumped right over the felonious part.  Mind was somewhere else...

BTW:

You need a comma after It is.  Doesn't make sense without it.

I had to take a shit and that was the last thing i wrote before running to the bathroom.  Sorry wasn't thinking about writting correct.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I had to take a shit and that was the last thing i wrote before running to the bathroom.  Sorry wasn't thinking about writting correctcorrectly.

Nothing like a little family get-together!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:14:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I had to take a shit and that was the last thing i wrote before running to the bathroom.  Sorry wasn't thinking about writting correct.

You know, there is a point where it becomes TMI!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top