Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/13/2010 4:41:46 AM EDT
Ok so listening to the radio this AM. There is some clothing line out west that made up some tee shirts with the World Trade Centers on them and the words Gotcha! Sears pulled the shirts.

I think we need to show the Gotcha clothing company some Arfcom love.

Story here -

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-sears-sells-911tshirt-091210,0,5219829.story

Let the games begin
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:43:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Amazing how with time all things pass...

or something like that.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:46:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Its just a print of the twin towers.

WTF is the big deal?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:46:34 AM EDT
[#3]
"The Fuck
Did Seth McFarlane come up with that or what?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:52:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

WTF is the big deal?
You dont know? Ill let someone else explain it to you.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:56:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Trash clothing line in China put random prints on shirts. They bit the big one here though.. Shame.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:58:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

WTF is the big deal?

Hmmm.... How can I 'splain this.....

Lets suppose your Mom was raped.  Then, lets suppose a garment co. named "Fucked" started selling shirts with prints of your Mom on them, with the word "Fucked" underneath.

Would that come of as offensive to you?

Im not trying to stir up a big ol' pot of shit with you, Im just trying to "open" your eyes , and possibly make you see how the shirt might offend some.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:00:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

WTF is the big deal?

what the fuck

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:02:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Its just a print of the twin towers with the word 'Gotcha emblazoned across it.

WTF is the big deal?

You really need this explained to you? OK. The vast majority of people seeing that shirt will interpret it as a celebration of the 9/11 attacks. 'Gotcha' is a common catch phrase one used when one pulls something off against another person.

ETA; ReallyLongAction put it far better.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:05:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Gotcha Clothing;

Design + Marketing
15255 Alton Parkway #300
Irvine, CA 92618

Sales
3000 NW 107 Avenue
Miami, FL 33172
T. 949.417.0248 x70-7030

Contact form;
http://www.gotcha.com/contact.asp
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:07:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ok so listening to the radio this AM. There is some clothing line out west that made up some tee shirts with the World Trade Centers on them and the words Gotcha! Sears pulled the shirts.

Story here -

Let the games begin

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:12:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Some designer in China who doesn't even speak English put together some random clipart and this "offensive" shirt came out.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:20:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF is the big deal?

You really need this explained to you? OK. The vast majority of people seeing that shirt will interpret it as a celebration of the 9/11 attacks. 'Gotcha' is a common catch phrase one used when one pulls something off against another person.

Gotcha has been around for decades.

Just because a bunch of people think the name-brand is reference to the attack doesn't make it so.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:23:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Trash clothing line in China put random prints on shirts. They bit the big one here though.. Shame.

They have a stateside office. Someone in that office should have known enough to say "Um, no..."
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:26:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Story here -

Let the games begin

http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=16234

'zactly.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:28:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF is the big deal?

Just because a bunch of people think the name-brand is reference to the attack doesn't make it so.

you"re one of the people that makes George Washington, spin in his grave
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:31:08 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF is the big deal?

There's not much wiggle room for interpretation. I'd say it's incredibly dumb of them to not consider the consequences of such a shirt.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:32:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I like the Justin Bieber lookalikes they adorn their page with. A whole lot of faggotry on that page.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:37:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Some designer in China who doesn't even speak English put together some random clipart and this "offensive" shirt came out.

Pretty much, if anyone watches the video and looks at the shirt, it looks like they just tried to piece together a random skyline in the background and used an image of the WTC, even then its a blue and white outline, not full color "hey look its the WTC"

People need something to be offended by, it seems.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:39:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:40:54 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much, if anyone watches the video and looks at the shirt, it looks like they just tried to piece together a random skyline in the background and used an image of the WTC, even then its a blue and white outline, not full color "hey look its the WTC"  

Well it seems they went out of their way to find a 9 year old pic of the NY skyline. They put as much thought of it into that part.

Your response is expected though. knowing you and all.

ETA: You might be able to find them on sale at Sears if you hurry down there. That way you can buy you one and sport it around town. Show your support.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:41:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

WTF is the big deal?

You can't possibly be THAT fucking dense.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:43:57 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well it seems they went out of their way to find a 9 year old pic of the NY skyline. They put as much thought of it into that part.

Herpy derpy, type in "NY skyline" into Google Image Search and 1/3 of the pictures have the WTC still in them....

That was HARD!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:45:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

yep

the company name is "gotcha"

with a print of the old NYC Skyline

the order came in for "city scape and logo" so this is what came out

retarded, yes, but it is only offensive by accident

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:45:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Herpy derpy,

hmmmm, Thats what I think of when I see your avatar and your posts.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:46:47 AM EDT
[#25]
People are waaay to sensitive about 9/11.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:47:22 AM EDT
[#26]
That is offensive.  If it was an accident, it needs to be remedied.  If it was on purpose, someone needs to be punished.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:48:37 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Herpy derpy,

hmmmm, Thats what I think of when I see your avatar and your posts.

Don't change the fact that you're trying your hardest to get offended at something that was most likely an oversight and make it into some sort of anti-American clothing conspiracy.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:50:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don't know where to begin.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:51:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This seems more likely.. I can't imagine that a company would deliberately commit corporate suicide by printing a shirt that would condone the events.

Someone at marketing needs to be reminded that poorly considered shit like this is what gets brand names ruined.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:51:38 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They were probably 10 or 12 when it happened and they didn't and still don't understand. That is all I can gather.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:51:55 AM EDT
[#31]
What an outrage!  We should burn the Koran!

Tasteless...yes.  Worth getting bent out of shape over...no.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:56:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Tell me about it. Its not like anyone died, or anything.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:58:25 AM EDT
[#33]
don't do a frontal attack, just wear down americans till we look at burning people in the street and just walk around them.

our daughter works in Fashion and trust me no little detail like that goes un noticed before being sent to production and yes it was a big deal the designer knew it and that was their intention
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:02:28 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

don't do a frontal attack, just wear down americans till we look at burning people in the street and just walk around them.

our daughter works in Fashion and trust me no little detail like that goes un noticed before being sent to production and yes it was a big deal the designer knew it and that was their intention
I would tend to believe this here.

Oh, lets make a T shirt to sell nation wide..just throw something on it, hell it don't matter. What, How many? Ehhh, make it 10 thousand.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:03:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Next week Sears should be filing
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:04:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Some of us were actually adults when it happened.  Some of us were actually involved in the rescue/recovery operation.

You should probably pipe down about other peoples' "over-sensitivity"
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:08:13 AM EDT
[#37]
designers, production and management know every detail before it is ever made right down to the threads in the fabric and every detail to even a button.

Don't make an excuse for this behavior it was done on porpose
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:08:20 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of us were actually adults when it happened.  Some of us were actually involved in the rescue/recovery operation.

You should probably pipe down about other peoples' "over-sensitivity"
It would be nice to be hearing this at my local pub over some drinks. I could then express my true feelings about such comments.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:08:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I tend to believe this as well.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:09:30 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Boy you're a piece of fucking work ain't ya.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:11:38 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would tend to believe this here.

Oh, lets make a T shirt to sell nation wide..just throw something on it, hell it don't matter. What, How many? Ehhh, make it 10 thousand.

lol, screw it, if this is going to be a conspiracy, lets make it BIG...

The shirt designers are radical muslim Al-Queda members, they're fashion cells operating in American and China to put barely visible offensive imagery on clothing, to subconsciously wear down Americans for the suprise muslim invasion that they're currently preparing in Mexico.

We don't have much time, we need to nuke Mexico and waterboard the designers of this T-shirt to see how far this rabbit hole goes.  I'm betting we'll find that this company is just a front for the BIN LADEN GROUP!

Please spread this via email in all caps.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:14:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Shocking that one of our resident cultural ass-kissers will defend this blatantly stupid shirt.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:14:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Herpy derpy, type in "NY skyline" into Google Image Search and 1/3 of the pictures have the WTC still in them....  

That was HARD!

isn't it ironic that a lot of people not from new york are showing more respect for that tragedy than some of the new yorkers are
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:15:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Frankly I am much more offended by a mosque being put on ground zero, than a T-shirt with an unfortunate company name and selection of pics.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:17:26 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Frankly I am much more offended by a mosque being put on ground zero, than a T-shirt with an unfortunate company name and selection of pics.

They will probably be selling the shirts out in front of the mosque along with some essential oils, incense and pirated movies.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:20:07 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Shocking that one of our resident cultural ass-kissers will defend this blatantly stupid shirt.

Yes, I am apparently out of touch with the majority of xenophobic GD'ers, considering so many voted in a poll that they would restrict muslims from buying firearms if they could...

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:22:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, I am apparently out of touch with the majority of xenophobic GD'ers, considering so many voted in a poll that they would restrict muslims from buying firearms if they could...

Too bad we can't all be multiculturaly aware like you!

I hope you are trolling. I can't imagine going through life as ridiculously naive as you seem to be.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:29:36 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Too bad we can't all be multiculturaly aware like you!

I hope you are trolling. I can't imagine going through life as ridiculously naive as you seem to be.

Hey man, I'm with you guys, I've floated the idea that we should look into putting those muslims in camps to better keep track of them, but apparently the PC police thinks that's going too far.

Just naive people opening themselves up for another attack
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:30:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Is this the Gotcha brand with the shark? Surfer stuff? I had no idea they were still around. Fucking 1980s, how did it work?

Or I guess it's more likely that Sears just bought the name and started using it again.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:30:39 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How's about "Full Retard.  Do Not Go There."

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top