Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2004 10:40:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
If my girlfriend (who is pretty small) gets so he can handle malfunction drills with it it might not be a bad gun for her, plus it's so cute

Something you want to tell us, Aimless?

Glad you liked it. I bought mine with my Xmas bonus but haven't shot it yet. My UZI, ARs, and AKs keep getting all the action and I have several rifles I have purchased over the past two winters I haven't shot yet.

Question:
Where did you get your rail from?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:04:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been dying to get one of those, but I've put the skids on major purchases since the PTR-91
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I couldn't wait for BUSA to come out with the top rail so I paid an arm and a leg for one from KKF - though it is very nice.  I ended up putting my 1" Ultra-dot on it and like the compactness of the setup.

The Storm is really fun to shoot.  I've let a bunch of people shoot it and they all like it.  Yea, the trigger sucks but I've not had any feed issues and mine works fine with those cheapy 30 round magazines sticking way out of the mag well.

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:06:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've been dying to get one of those, but I've put the skids on major purchases since the PTR-91

Because you're still trying to get it to work or still saving up for one?  The PTR-91, that is.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:13:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#6]

I couldn't wait for BUSA to come out with the top rail so I paid an arm and a leg for one from KKF

I know about getting hosed for the cost of a top rail, I actually bought one on ebay and paid out the ass for one.

My Storm is quickly becoming one of my favorite firearms. I wouldn't hesitate to use it for personal defense around the house.

I'm not crazy about my choice of red dot sights (HAKKO) it sits a bit too high on the rifle. I'm going to update it with something that allows use of the iron sights without removing the red dot. The HAKKO sits a bit too high for this.

Accuracy is quite good out to 25 yards (the longest I've tried so far) with the red dot, I'm sure I wouldn't be disapointed out to 100 yards.

Money well spent as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The only time I shot it much was with the Syracuse M1a Mafia, but I got so I was hitting the little pies they were shooting at 50+ yards. I ...looks...really stupid (I think cool).

THAT'S the appreciation we get for letting you reset ALL our bowling pins for us?

Maybe some day you'll get a real gun....kee-rist, glocks and Storms.......NEXT you'll show up with a Bushmaster Lady!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I almost bought a Storm but went with a Auto Ord. 27a1 semi-auto Thompson instead. I got it fixed up with some M1 Thompson parts so it's more battle ready. Things like a horizontal forearm, rear sight,paddle safety, mag catch so I can use un-modified F/A mags and a new rear pistol grip that's shaped better. I guess I've got about $1100.00 into it so far but I really LOVE my Thompson.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I began to experience problems with my Storm after approximately 1400 rds.  About once every 2-3 mags, itfails to throw the empty brass clear of the ejection port.  The bolt comes back far enough to catch a live round.  It then drives both the live round and the empty forward.  The empty casing cuts into the plastic body and sticks there.  To clear the jam requires dropping the mag. locking the bolt back and allowing the live round to fall down thru the mag well.  Then pulling the spent casing away from the plastic body.

I contacted Beretta and was told to send the gun in for repair.  I have not done so yet.  I let a local gunsmith look at it, but he felt the extractor and ejector looked fine.

Jon
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top