Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 6:23:29 AM EDT
This is great!  There are 6 girls in my troop, all of whom are only children, and their fathers are all hunters!  I called the Daniel Boone Conservation Center and was asking about a group rate for the G.Scouts.  He replied that he never had any girls through there before, only Boy Scouts.  So they are excited too.  They will start out with bow/arrow and work their way up.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:26:17 AM EDT
[#1]
My administration has always supported teaching children about firearms, regardless of gender.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:13:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome! I think it's great you are giving them an opportunity like this! Two thumbs up for you
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:37:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome!  I'm sure you will all have a great time!

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#4]
woo hoo!  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Awsome!!! I was never in Girl Scouts, but I did look into it in about the third grade. I had a couple of friends in and they must have had a lousy leader; it was all about baking, jump rope, arts, and crafts. The girls always looked bored and who could blame them. That is when I decided scouts wasn't for me. You sound like a damn fine scout leader to me. I wish the girls at my school had someone interested in leaving the school library with them every now and then! Have fun!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I was never in Scouts either.
This is actually my 1st year leading, and the 4th year in for the girls.  We staged a coup as the last leader was quite lazy.  It was fine to glue crap to crud when you are in 1st and 2nd grade, but when you hit middle school, it's time to get outdoors!  So 2 other moms and I took the troop.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Way cool!! I thought about Girl Scouts until I heard about the leader, who wouldn't allow the girls to go near knives, let alone guns.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:10:49 AM EDT
[#8]
A lot of leaders are like that.  Lame.  The girls get the choice of wanting to, or not.  There are so many choices in life I want to offer them variety.  My daughter loves bow/arrow and target practice.  

One hard thing about it is, schools tell them one thing, to be afraid.....stay away from.....weaponry and such.  When how can that be, anyone ever hear of hunting season?    
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:36:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A lot of leaders are like that.  Lame.  The girls get the choice of wanting to, or not.  There are so many choices in life I want to offer them variety.  My daughter loves bow/arrow and target practice.  

Bow and arrow are also on my list of things to try

One hard thing about it is, schools tell them one thing, to be afraid.....stay away from.....weaponry and such.  When how can that be, anyone ever hear of hunting season?    
Unfortunately, I live south of Boston, where hunting is nonexistent. Any hunting is usually done in the central and western part of the state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top