Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/13/2009 5:25:29 PM EDT
I have 50% on the sides and 35% on the rear window only - FormulaOne Pinnacle Tint, ceramic coated :D

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:29:08 PM EDT
[#1]
nice BMW
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#2]
needs the uber pimp 20%
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Found out the hard way that we can't get away with that in Iowa.

I had my truck done at 70%, got pulled over for 72 in a 55.  Officer was very nice, let me off with a warning on the speed and gave me a $70 ticket for the windows.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:33:05 PM EDT
[#4]
In before someone says you are violating officer safety.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

needs the uber pimp 20%

here in ohio, the fronts are only 50% legal and unlimited at the back - of course i know a lot of people go down to 15% and no issues - i just like to stay under the radar

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#6]
shoulda got 20% on all.

you can afford the tickets if you even get one.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

shoulda got 20% on all.

you can afford the tickets if you even get one.

^^^

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow! Now which one is teh JEALOUS smiley?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Back when I was younger and not as smart.....lol I had 5% on my 73 Beetle.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#10]
What keeps you from going batshit insane by living in such a sterile white cookie cutter neighborhood?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What keeps you from going batshit insane by living in such a sterile white cookie cutter neighborhood?

The car.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Have fun seeing out the back at night time, like if you need to reverse out of a parking spot.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

it's home for now

but my CLEO does sign off on all my NFA toys

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks nice.

I got 28% on the sides, 5% in the cargo area. Makes a difference in how much less A/C you have to use and it's almost impossible to see the contents of the cargo area from outside the vehicle.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice. The car and the tint.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Have fun seeing out the back at night time, like if you need to reverse out of a parking spot.

Backup camera and lights FTW.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#18]

And you had them do the invisible bra while they were doing the tint right?  

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't know about Ohio, but in Texas we can go a lot darker...
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#20]
BMW=Break My Windows (to steal my Blaupunkt)
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

And you had them do the invisible bra while they were doing the tint right?  

nope! not worried about it - besides it's like $500  

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

BMW=Break My Windows (to steal my Blaupunkt)

they are made by Harmon Kardon iirc

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The car.

Bet there's one in every garage.....
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#25]
I've got 20% on my Grand Prix.  Blatently illegal in GA and I have two tickets to show for it.  Fuck em'!  It took a while to find a place that would put illegal tint on... no way I'm taking it off!
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Very nice! R u doing anything else to it?  Wheels, suspension, etc?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Is that a Herbie Curby that I see in the background?????

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#28]
why does every house look the same?

nice car man..   gorgeous..  is that the factory finish paint or did you have it polished out?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks badass.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd rather drive a Hyundai and not live in a cookie cutter townhouse.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#31]
There is a lot in this thread:

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#32]
I got the same tint on the same exact car, nice.

How much did you pay? I forked out $425.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#33]
That's it?

I have 5% on Front windows, & factory 20% on the back cab & rear of my truck...

It's bad as hell during the day.. at night, not so much when you have to roll your windows down to see if there is traffic if your in the country without any street lighting
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Very nice! R u doing anything else to it?  Wheels, suspension, etc?

I don't plan on it yet and it's still new, got it last month and those are M wheels

Quoted:

Is that a Herbie Curby that I see in the background?????

yep, lazy ass neighbors need to move it back into their garage

Quoted:

why does every house look the same?
nice car man..   gorgeous..  is that the factory finish paint or did you have it polished out?
those are pics are of our carriage way, all the garages are at the back of the house - it's city code
- it's all single family homes, not condos or townhomes.

thanks! it's OEM black sapphire metallic, it was washed today and i just put another layer of Z-2 and Z-8, it has about 6 coats now

Quoted:

I got the same tint on the same exact car, nice.

How much did you pay? I forked out $425.

now i don't feel so bad - $329 here and i thought that was expensive!
i heard tint adds 5 hp

Quoted:

do you detail professionally? i was thinking about getting a foam lance - worth it?

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Hold on... what is that on the floor in your garage? That is pimp!  Did your house come with that or did you do it yourself??
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#36]
and the obligatory pic  

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#37]
You need moar
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Quoted:

do you detail professionally? i was thinking about getting a foam lance - worth it?

Not professionally, just enthusiastically.  

I have a Gilmour Foammaster II foam gun.  I like it, but you need to wash in the shade and/or move very fast so you don't get the soap drying on the car.  I like that it gives more dwell time for the soap to soften and lift any dirt from the surface, and I like using it to foam inside the wheels and wheel wells so there is more soap in there when I use my brushes.

Downside is that it uses more soap than you probably otherwise would.  I use the large gallon container of Meguiars Gold Class that you can get at CostCo and just leave the chemical bottle filled up all the time.  The quick disconnect is very convenient as well.

BTW, cheapest place to find it is on Amazon.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a Gilmour Foammaster II foam gun.  I like it, but you need to wash in the shade and/or move very fast so you don't get the soap drying on the car.  I like that it gives more dwell time for the soap to soften and lift any dirt from the surface, and I like using it to foam inside the wheels and wheel wells so there is more soap in there when I use my brushes.

Downside is that it uses more soap than you probably otherwise would.  I use the large gallon container of Meguiars Gold Class that you can get at CostCo and just leave the chemical bottle filled up all the time.  The quick disconnect is very convenient as well.

that's cool, i did see it for $37 on amazon iirc compared to autogeek that wants $60 for the EXACT thing thing with their logo on it

i reclayed the hood today with z-16 clay bar since i wasn't happy with the first time i clayed it last month. then i used menzerna FPII, then ZAIO, Z5 and Z2

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
needs the uber pimp 20%

I've got some of the 5%.  Its one step under black paint.  

That BMW looks good tinted!  And you chose the good stuff, right on.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#41]

that "kelly bmw" frame needs to go.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

that's cool, i did see it for $37 on amazon iirc compared to autogeek that wants $60 for the EXACT thing thing with their logo on it

i reclayed the hood today with z-16 clay bar since i wasn't happy with the first time i clayed it last month. then i used menzerna FPII, then ZAIO, Z5 and Z2

Menz is good stuff, how did you like the FPII?  Did you apply it by hand
, or machine?

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:49:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

, or machine?  
i have the IP also, but i was an idiot and sold my PC 7424 last month, used only once - i did it by hand and it sucked, but i have strong hand muscles

and like all Menzerna products, it works very well and soooo easy to remove, no powder residue at all! menzerna fmj is the slickest LSP i've used in my life, but the durability is horrible.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#44]
I got a new car last july no tint at all on the windows that lasted all of a week before i had 20% all around its dark but i love it makes a huge difference in the tx summer.
Here is a pick u can see its pretty dark lol
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#45]

Ya need ta dub dat mo-fo wit sum twenty izzos

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Very pretty.

Dark tint, nicely done, almost ALWAYS improves the look and comfort of a car.

Again.  Between the car and the tint, there's plenty of badassery to go around.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:56:05 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Not gonna say that an E92 with 20's wouldn't look too bad.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

, or machine?  
i have the IP also, but i was an idiot and sold my PC 7424 last month, used only once - i did it by hand and it sucked, but i have strong hand muscles

and like all Menzerna products, it works very well and soooo easy to remove, no powder residue at all! menzerna fmj is the slickest LSP i've used in my life, but the durability is horrible.

Hm, you mean residue after a wipedown, or not dusting while polishing?  If its not dusting while polishing, you're probably not breaking down the polish completely.  I know powergloss dusts like a mofo.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

damn, i love the deep dish wheels!!!

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

damn, i love the deep dish wheels!!!

315's in the back.  

Here is the link to all of the photos in hi-res.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top