Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 2:22:03 PM EDT

10 minutes with a Dremel and allen wrench.

Sucker is on there tight too. I jerked the gun back and forth to see if it shook any. Didn't. Very stable. It is canted a bit, but oh well.

Not bad for something like $7 at Wally World.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it fold well?  How did you attach it?

ETA: If its a Glock 9mm, and you don't already, get some of the G18 mags, they are worth it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:30:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Does it fold well?  How did you attach it?

ETA: If its a Glock 9mm, and you don't already, get some of the G18 mags, they are worth it.

Does not close folded... Unfortunate, but I wanted optics on the gun more than I wanted it to fold.

Yes, I have 5 Scherer magazines. 31+2 baseplate.

Scherer mags, IMO, suck ass. I loaded them to 31 just to be easy on them, and the damn follower cocked to the left at a 70-degree angle every three shots (on all 5 mags).

I paid $20 for my Scherers. I don't think they were even worth that. I'll say it again: I feel sorry for anyone that paid $60,$70, or $80 for this shit... because they got ripped off, badly.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you borrow StonerStudent's new camera?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been thinking of the Keltec scope mount, that swings to the side and still allows folding,
but $50 is too much for something I'd just fiddle with as a toy.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:35:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm curious as to how you like the gun?   Good shooter/plinker?  Been thinking about picking one up.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I misunderstood and was expecting to see a mousegun mounted on a flashlight....
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:40:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm curious as to how you like the gun?   Good shooter/plinker?  Been thinking about picking one up.

If I can put in my 2 cents-  My only complaint is the trigger pull is very heavy, feels like you're going to break something everytime you pull the trigger.   As far as reliability it's got a perfect track record with
me, even with funky hollowpoints.    And 9mm out of a 16" barrel is very quiet, easily shootable even
without hearing protection.  I got it mainly for is storeability and compatibility with pistol mags.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I misunderstood and was expecting to see a mousegun mounted on a flashlight....

No shit.. I was hoping for a forward grip with tac lite and laser on a P3AT.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#9]
One of my major problems with this weapon system is the craptastic sights.  It really needs a rail of somesort that would allow aftermarket optics.  As far as handling and concealability I give mine an A+.  

I'd recommend getting the Glock factory mags for the G18.  Mine fit and function flawlessly and even work with SMG Magpulls.

The Sub2000 lends itself to modification and invention.  When I got bored, I put some LED navigation lights in the forend.

My next hurdle is to see if one can adapt a free-float railed forend and thread the barrel for a flash suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:39:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
www.hunt101.com/img/238828.JPG

Sucker is on there tight too. I jerked the gun back and forth to see if it shook any. Didn't. Very stable. It is canted a bit, but oh well.

www.hunt101.com/img/238829.JPG

No super glue in the house ???
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Best $275 I ever spent.

First day I got it, I got a box of WWB thinking I'd just try it out and then clean it and get ammo next week.

Uh-uh.

Fired off all my mags... Said, "Well, damn, I want to fire more!" and went to Wally World 2 days later to get 500rds of WWB.  

Terrific shooter.

Quoted:
And 9mm out of a 16" barrel is very quiet, easily shootable even
without hearing protection.  I got it mainly for is storeability and compatibility with pistol mags.

I was actually surprised when I heard the report. I'm glad I'm the only one that didn't notice this.

When I first heard it, it sounded only a little louder than a .22LR.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.hunt101.com/img/238828.JPG

www.hunt101.com/img/238829.JPG

No super glue in the house ???

Glue and heat aren't good friends.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#13]
You need a new 33rd Glock factory mag?  I got an extra one laying around (I bought in bulk).
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You need a new 33rd Glock factory mag?  I got an extra one laying around (I bought in bulk).

Well, I tell you what... How about I ship my handguard to you to put in one of those nifty light things.

I'll pay you for shipping and the materials, if you want to send me that factory mag, you can. I would be much abliged.

BTW, how are factory mags different from Scherer? Different materials, or features?

Did you borrow StonerStudent's new camera?

Heh?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:45:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh, btw, I installed it by drilling into the handguard, and then inserting the screws.

Surprisingly, it withstands well.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top