Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2003 1:17:32 AM EDT
  I am curious as too how your friends,  relatives and co-workers view guns.  Just out of curiousity.  
  My brother doesn't like them and doesn't think anyone should own them.  I think I beat on him a little too much when he was younger.  As for co-workers,  most of them own guns because they hunt.  But other than that they don't talk about them.  At least they own them.  And my best friend is a LEO.  He thinks like me.  You Can Never Have Enough Toys!

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:50:10 AM EDT
[#1]
My Mom is OK with .22s for plinking, but is too much of a Bambi lover to gor for hunting or heavy firepower.  I recently acquired my (first) AR and on my next trip to visit I can hear her saying, "Why on earth would you need a gun like that?" and my answer is, "What does need have to do with it?"  Then I'll teach her how to shoot it.

My Dad is cool with guns.  He just CCWs for self-defense.

Of my three brothers, one is an avid hunter, another is a casual shooter, and the third knows how to shoot, but I don't think his wife will let him have a gun.

Most of my coworkers are cool about it.  I shoot with a couple of them.  My supervisor was in my CCW class last year.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:52:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Lets put it this way my Grandmother owned a colt hbar and carried a airweight 38spl everyday.

NoKarma
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:55:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know of anyone in my family that's not a gun nut.

The coworkers are a different story. With the coworkers its the typical anti-gun BS.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:30:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I am the only 'gun nut' in the family.

I do have an Uncle that is as bad as me.  He has had to buy additional safes to fit his purchases.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:51:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Everyone in my family is cool with guns.

One guy I work with collets, but never shoots.[rolleyes]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top