Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/22/2005 5:27:41 PM EDT
So I'm finishing up my mickey freakin Christmas shopping at said store, and do what any self respecting 27 yearold does, I check out with the hottie-boom-balottie in lane 9. We're chatting while she scans everything, couple of DVDs, family pack of rubbers, and pit stick. Then the little buzzer goes off when the WWB .223 passes the scanner. She stares at me, cards me, and says, "What, is it deer hunting season all winter long?" I then informed her of the different seasons and told her that rifle season is over. "Are you in the Army or something?" Being hot, tired, and slightly annoyed by this little cutie, I kindly reply, "No ma'am, I just enjoy killing shit." I guess that was the wrong thing to say because she rolled her pretty little eyes at me and didn't have anything else to say. Just sat there with a "WOW! Should I call security?" look on her face. Oh well, I guess I'll have to quit going to the good looking clerks unless I'm buying scented candles and man lipstick from now on. By the way, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:29:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I do get to get a "Hi" out of the casiers around here. Fine by me.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:31:29 PM EDT
[#3]
you have stores in ND?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So I'm finishing up my mickey freakin Christmas shopping at said store, and do what any self respecting 27 yearold does, I check out with the hottie-boom-balottie in lane 9. We're chatting while she scans everything, couple of DVDs, family pack of rubbers, and pit stick. Then the little buzzer goes off when the WWB .223 passes the scanner. She stares at me, cards me, and says, "What, is it deer hunting season all winter long?" I then informed her of the different seasons and told her that rifle season is over. "Are you in the Army or something?" Being hot, tired, and slightly annoyed by this little cutie, I kindly reply, "No ma'am, I just enjoy killing shit." I guess that was the wrong thing to say because she rolled her pretty little eyes at me and didn't have anything else to say. Just sat there with a "WOW! Should I call security?" look on her face. Oh well, I guess I'll have to quit going to the good looking clerks unless I'm buying scented candles and man lipstick from now on. By the way, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU.

OWNED
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Good looking cashiers at Wal-Mart? Are you sure it wasn't a Mickey's Wide Mouth you finished off before hitting the line?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Hell I got 5x 40rd boxes of WWB and she(sales lady) didnt even ask to see my ID

I guess I just look old

FREE
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:36:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Now you've done it.  You've alienated the only decent-looking woman North Dakota.  Well done.

ETA:  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't say shit, I just give them a big mogoloid grin, start drooling then laugh uncontrolably when shuffling off, that shit really gets some looks, been told by my GF that it makes the hair stand up on the back of her neck worse than a horror flick.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:36:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I always tell them "it's for my machine gun".
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:39:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Merry Christmas to you too!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I was carded for a pack of smokes the other day...the funny part is not 10 minutes before i bought a 6 pack of  Samual Adams.
same cashier.. just forgot i needed some smokes.

I am in my mid 30's...
Wally world doesn't care if you buy beer.. but try to buy some smokes.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought you have to pay for your ammo @ the ammo counter?  How did you get the WWB and checkout at lane 9?  I think you can take some shelf shotgun ammo elsewhere and pay but the locked up ammo is paid for there?  hmmmm....
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:03:48 AM EDT
[#14]
I tried to buy 2 boxes of it last night, and they wouldn't sell it to me b/c it was 10:45pm.  The lady acted very annoyed and called some guy to the sporting goods counter, and told him it was 223 ammo for a rifle.  He asked her if she got it out of the cabinet (which they keep locked) and she said yes.  He said they can't sell anything out of it if it's after 10pm.  "OK" I said, as I walked away, muttering about it's no problem b/c I have a few thousand rounds at the house anyway if I really need them.

So next time I guess I'll go there at 9:58 and tell her "223, all of it."  I explained my plan to my girlfriend as we walked away.  Suprisingly, she said she wanted to be there when I did it.  Of course, she made a purse out of an old BDU jacket I gave her and keeps a stripper clip w/ 10pcs of brass in it because "she likes it".  Guess it wasn't too suprising after all
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:07:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I thought you have to pay for your ammo @ the ammo counter?  How did you get the WWB and checkout at lane 9?  I think you can take some shelf shotgun ammo elsewhere and pay but the locked up ammo is paid for there?  hmmmm....

They let me put ammo in my cart and pay up front if I still have other shopping to do.  Or if the person who goes and finds the key cannot operate the register they just tell me to pay up front.  Has happend at 3 different Wal Marts.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:09:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:09:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They let me put ammo in my cart and pay up front if I still have other shopping to do.  Or if the person who goes and finds the key cannot operate the register they just tell me to pay up front.  Has happend at 3 different Wal Marts.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has a tendency to run into idiots who can't operate their own registers at Wally World, particularly at the Sporting Goods counter.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:10:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
He said they can't sell anything out of it if it's after 10pm.

I wonder if this is a nationwide policy (I don't think it is), and if it's not, what Wal-Mart corporate has to say about it?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:11:43 AM EDT
[#19]
You FOOL! You were headed for the home stretch and you blew it.

You should have said- "I'm just trying to deprive some homicidal maniac of the ammunition the store YOU work for sells. I'm taking this home and destroying it- FOR THE CHILDREN. I really feel sorry for you having to check out this evil product........... Wanna screw?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:17:29 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Now you've done it.  You've alienated the only decent-looking woman North Dakota.  Well done.

ETA:  

Get out of my head!

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:19:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Should've given her my stock answer:

"No, I don't hunt.  I think that the killing of god's forrest creatures is pointless and cruel.  I buy my ammo to practice killing people, should the need ever arise."
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:46:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder if this is a nationwide policy (I don't think it is), and if it's not, what Wal-Mart corporate has to say about it?

I don't have any idea.  This was the 1st time I've ever tried to buy ammo that late.  A friend of mine told me about 3 years ago that he tried to buy a Gerber knife at the same store at night and they wouldn't sell it to him because it was too late.  

The store is in Princeton, IN.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:48:11 AM EDT
[#23]
At least you can buy ammo at your Walmart. Not so in NJ.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:50:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I guess I just look old

FREE

They never ask for my ID either.

I normally ask them "Is that all of the .223, 9mm and .45 acp you have? OK I'll take it all!"

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:56:17 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Good looking cashiers at Wal-Mart? Are you sure it wasn't a Mickey's Wide Mouth you finished off before hitting the line?

that's what I was thinking
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:59:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

ETA:  

Correction!    MJD
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:01:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:13:11 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
you have stores in ND?

+1

I calllllll
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:16:52 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I don't say shit, I just give them a big mogoloid grin, start drooling then laugh uncontrolably when shuffling off, that shit really gets some looks, been told by my GF that it makes the hair stand up on the back of her neck worse than a horror flick.

MLW>"<

Please post pics of said grin and a WAV file of uncontrolable laugh.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:17:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Why, oh why do you guys continue to support than Chinese factory outlet?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:21:22 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
i enjoy buyin ammo while wearing my "vote from the rooftops" shirt

I usually were a shirt that says: "The Voices aren't Real, But They Have Some Good Ideas"

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:22:31 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Winchester White Box is made in China now?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:24:30 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, its just that nobody wants to track down the dude that left at 10pm with the key.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Winchester White Box is made in China now?

Of course it is.

Everything in WalMart is made in China, according to the UFCW and those that
suckle up thier Kool-aid.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:29:06 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't have any idea.  This was the 1st time I've ever tried to buy ammo that late.  A friend of mine told me about 3 years ago that he tried to buy a Gerber knife at the same store at night and they wouldn't sell it to him because it was too late.  

The store is in Princeton, IN.

Tht's my local WM, you're lucky you even found somebody smart enough to operate the case!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:30:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Heck I've spent this entire time trying to figure out what a "pit stick" was, then it freaking hit me.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I, for one, would like to welcome our  new Chinese overlords.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:32:44 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I, for one, would like to welcome our  new Chinese overlords.

Well done sir.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:35:01 AM EDT
[#39]
"Is this for a rifle or a pistol, sir?"

"Neither. It's for a submachine gun."

I think I read that exchange here somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:38:13 AM EDT
[#40]
There's Wal-Marts going up in China now...See, we let them think they were taking us over, but now we have our hooks into 'em....
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:41:02 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
There's Wal-Marts going up in China now...See, we let them think they were taking us over, but now we have our hooks into 'em....

Do they only sell American made crap there?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:45:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Funny, they never really ask in AZ. I did one time ask how many WWB .223 40rd packs they had and then said "OK, I'll take 'em all" and also bought about 500rds of 9mm, .40, and .45. The guy behind the counter said "Man someone is gonna have some fun this weekend!"
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:45:51 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I guess I just look old

FREE

You're not OLD Free, you've got that BTDT look!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#44]
No, its just that nobody wants to track down the dude that left at 10pm with the key.

Kharn

It's not that.  The lady got the 45grn value pk out, and even rang the damn thing up, and I told her I wanted the smaller boxes (40rnd 55grn), so she put up the other ammo, got the 40rnd box out, and then proceded to call the other guy to the counter.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:00:43 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
"Is this for a rifle or a pistol, sir?"

"Neither. It's for a submachine gun."

I think I read that exchange here somewhere.

When she gave you the look like it was'' security to the rescue time'' you should have uttered the word ''slut'' at a barly audible level.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:02:54 AM EDT
[#46]
You should have told her the ammo was for elf season and the rubbers were for the raindeer.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:04:18 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Of course, she made a purse out of an old BDU jacket I gave her and keeps a stripper clip w/ 10pcs of brass in it because "she likes it".  Guess it wasn't too suprising after all

Nice!

My next girl....   I'm gonna make her wear belts of linked 7.62mm bandita-style all the time, even especially when she's nekkid!!

Quoted:
do what any self respecting 27 yearold does, I check out with the hottie-boom-balottie in lane 9.

Is that a technical term?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:05:26 AM EDT
[#48]
You got carded
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Try this one:

When she says:
"What? Is it deer hunting season all year long or somethin'?"

You say:
"Well no, but when your sister is buying cookies for your little brother in the middle of the day, shoved into her car, raped, murdered by suffocation, and her lifeless body dumped on a back road, you realize the world isn't the safe little place your naive asinine self thinks it is."

She will say nothing.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:12:28 AM EDT
[#50]
"What? Is it deer hunting season all year long or somethin'?"

No, deer hunting season only lasts 3 weeks, but you have 49 weeks of "POACHING" season inbetween.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top