Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 7:42:47 AM EDT
Well, in the spirit of Bama-Shooters NOLA observances and, comments, and,
the recent thread regarding office holidy observations, I thought I'd do my own.

This is the time of year people that are decidieng to lose weight, get into shape, etc,
start to flush thousands of membership dues dollars down the toilet after they
quit going in four months.

1.  I know it's 0500, but, there is no reason to bring your Cafe' Latte with extra sugar
and Cinnamon in it TO YOUR TREADMILL!  I've been running for 30 damn minutes, and,
I've got 30 to go.  I'm dehydrating, and, the last thing I want to be able to smell is the SUGAR
from your damn COFFEE!

2.  For you own best intrest, you should bring water if you're going to use the tread......Oh, never mind, you're just going to put it on 2.0 and, chat with your girl while you sip your latte...Presumeably about how Oprah sasy you should love yourself.

3.  Well, at least that only lasted for 10 minutes, so, I finish out my cardio.  Now, to the weight room.....Oh, good, you're here.  Numerous sub points:

-Get your fat ass off the machine after doing you reps, if you did any.  Other people would like to work in.

-Please wipe off the machine of your back and, butt sweat, if that's not to much to ask, that's why you brought your towel......Oh...Yes, I see you didn't bring one.

-Bring a towel.

-If you look at me like that again, I'm going to snap your neck.  I'm not sorry that somtimes
the weights I lift make me make strange noises.  It's a gym.  Get used to it.

4.  Finally....For the love of God woman....You're FAT!  Ditch the tight stuff until you dump a hundred or so pounds!  They make sweats for a reason!

And all these were just from this morning
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:51:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a gym membership at my college.

1. The gym is mainly filled with 60 year old men and women in the morning.
2. The staff is usually very nice and helpful.
3. I have a new appreciation for hard rock and metal from it being piped in through the weightroom.
4. They always hog the exercise bike with an actual seat...the only one of such kind that works.  I loathe the bikes with saddles.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:55:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

3. I have a new appreciation for hard rock and metal from it being piped in through the weightroom.
4. They always hog the exercise bike with an actual seat...the only one of such kind that works.  I loathe the bikes with saddles.

The gym I'm currently going to is filled with fat ass soccer moms that think they
are doing somthing to get in shape by standing around sipping thier fat and, sugar filled
coffed and wandering around the place, getting in the way.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The gym I'm currently going to is filled with fat ass soccer moms that think they
are doing somthing to get in shape by standing around sipping thier fat and, sugar filled

LOL...

I haven't seen any soccer-mom types...but Goon I assume you're going to a public gym...mine is one where anyone that's a member of the general public can go to...I think that is where all the 50 and 60 year old people are coming from.

I don't get why you would bring coffee to a work out session?

Sounds like these people are hypocritical, methinks.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:03:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL...

I haven't seen any soccer-mom types...but Goon I assume you're going to a public gym...mine is one where anyone that's a member of the general public can go to...I think that is where all the 50 and 60 year old people are coming from.

I have a nationwide membership to Bally's, but, there aren't any around here, so, it's through the hotel.  It's a pretty nice club, overall, except for the morning dweebs.   This is actually the first time I've seen coffee brought to a workout.  I thought it was just one person, but, then, I looked around, and, saw it was almost all of them!  Unfrikkin believeable.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:04:28 AM EDT
[#5]
When in college, going to the gym between January and March was torture. All these fatty January gym rats giving a token effort trying to get in shape before spring break. Easily 30-45 minute wait just to get in the door (fire codes).
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:05:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL...

I have a nationwide membership to Bally's, but, there aren't any around here, so, it's through the hotel.  It's a pretty nice club, overall, except for the morning dweebs.   This is actually the first time I've seen coffee brought to a workout.  I thought it was just one person, but, then, I looked around, and, saw it was almost all of them!  Unfrikkin believeable.

LOL...
Mainly people around here bring water to workouts.  I really don't pay *too*  much attention.

I think it's plain nasty that people don't bring towels.  It's a surefire way to spread bacteria.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:06:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
When in college, going to the gym between January and March was torture. All these fatty January gym rats giving a token effort trying to get in shape before spring break. Easily 30-45 minute wait just to get in the door (fire codes).

Never had to deal with any sort of line...however I've only had this membership since August.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:38:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I made my New Year's fitness resolution at the start of this month, so I dont look like a tool going to the gym.  Pretty smart, huh?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:44:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I made my New Year's fitness resolution at the start of this month, so I dont look like a tool going to the gym.  Pretty smart, huh?

Good move.

Bring a towel and, water.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Treadmills are great-if you are rehabing an injury or something. What happened to good old fashioned road work?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Treadmills are great-if you are rehabing an injury or something. What happened to good old fashioned road work?

I never liked treadmills.  When I'm doing cardio I'm exclusively on the bike.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I can't imagine Goon how you can do 60 mins on a cardio machine.  I can only do 30 straight, and that's the time limit for the cardio machines.  

I admit I've progressed.  When I started it was unbearable.  Now 20 minutes on a bike is no sweat.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:57:33 AM EDT
[#13]
The treadmill does what? 25% of the work for you? 3 miles on the treaddy isn't the same as 3 miles on the road or track.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:57:34 AM EDT
[#14]
My exgirlfriend used to call me one her cell when she was on the treadmill... WTF, you're supposed to be working out !
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:03:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Around here they ae for the winter too. I'll start in on the road work when it warms up.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:05:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I can't imagine Goon how you can do 60 mins on a cardio machine.  I can only do 30 straight, and that's the time limit for the cardio machines.  

I admit I've progressed.  When I started it was unbearable.  Now 20 minutes on a bike is no sweat.  

30 is easy, 60 is easy, it all depends on HOW you use it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:07:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Looks like I will be one of those starting a new membership in January people.  I have been working out at home for the last three years all free weights and am bored with it. Figured I could wait until January to get the deal.  So next Monday I will be signing up and I can't wait, the place I am joining is World Gym it is suppose to be the hardcore place in town, so I am not expecting to many soccor mom types hanging around. I am currently rehabing a ACL replacement, so I want be doing much cardio their.  Just weights, plus I have a bike and treadmill at home.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:08:37 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The treadmill does what? 25% of the work for you? 3 miles on the treaddy isn't the same as 3 miles on the road or track.

It all depends on how you do it.  All you have to do is punch up the incline, or,

punch up the speed.

If you think you can go 30 minutes on a treadmill without having your butt kicked, then,
you must be a marathon runner.

Oh, and, the main reason I go on a treadmill is that  almost 8 years in the
Army has jacked my knees.  The treadmill is actually easier on them.

HEck, I use an eliptical trainer when I can.  No impact, just good cardio work.

Plus, I don't have to train for a 2 Mi. Run anymore.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

How does the treadmill do 25% of the work? If it's going 5 mph then you are too. I like 'em 'cause they're easier on my knees.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:11:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Looks like I will be one of those starting a new membership in January people.  I have been working out at home for the last three years all free weights and am bored with it. Figured I could wait until January to get the deal.  So next Monday I will be signing up and I can't wait, the place I am joining is World Gym it is suppose to be the hardcore place in town, so I am not expecting to many soccor mom types hanging around. I am currently rehabing a ACL replacement, so I want be doing much cardio their.  Just weights, plus I have a bike and treadmill at home.

World Gym, Gold's Gym, and, Bally's are all reasonably good.  I suggest you try the eliptical trainers for your cardio.  zero impact.  Good gear.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.

You can walk at 2.0 for an hour and probably not break a sweat.

I usually go about 5.5-6.0 for most of it, but, when, I need to get a breath, I back off and, quick walk at 4.0 or so.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.

You can walk at 2.0 for an hour and probably not break a sweat.

I usually go about 5.5-6.0 for most of it, but, when, I need to get a breath, I back off and, quick walk at 4.0 or so.

I do the same basic thing. Kicks my ass right now, but it feels good.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#23]
drives me nuts at the gym when the fatties are on the bikes doing like 40 rpm.

WTF is that going to do for you?

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#24]
I remember laughing at all the pudgy guys that start working out in January. You know they will be gone by the end of February. Now I have a kid, wife, house and no time during the holidays. It will seem like I am a pudgy guy with a resolution, but in reality I'm a pudgy guy with no resolution who gets to the gym when he can.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:54:14 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I remember laughing at all the pudgy guys that start working out in January. You know they will be gone by the end of February. Now I have a kid, wife, house and no time during the holidays. It will seem like I am a pudgy guy with a resolution, but in reality I'm a pudgy guy with no resolution who gets to the gym when he can.

I actually started out like that when I got to the point where I was outta control.

Difference is I'd go like twice a day and, dow an hour at a shot on the treadmill, plus weights.

It was three months later, and, I hadn't missed a day...The guy that sold me the membership stopped by my treadmill and said:  "Makeing us earn our dues, huh?"  I smiled and, nodded.  I've been up and, down and, I'm up now, but, on the way down right now.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#26]
I was planning on getting out of lazy mode and going back to the gym myself (have been for a while), but damn you people are harsh!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:36:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Can an airplane take off from a treadmill?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top