Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 1:07:53 PM EDT
Was in the local goodwill perusing the book rack and came across a copy of "Fighting the Flying Circus" by WWI CMH winner Capt. Eddie Rickenbacker. Thought, hmm, that looks interesting. Picked it up, opened the front page, and lo and behold, it is inscribed "To my young friend John Landon, may the flight of time bring only Friends, Happiness, and Prosperity" signed, Capt. Eddie Rickenbacker, 1947.

Went to the register and handed them .99 cents and went home pleased that there are people out there that don't appreciate history. hold
Any ideas on monetary value? Not that I'm selling...
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#1]
 He shoots... he scores!  WOW.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:10:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow! That's an amazing find!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Good find!!! Once I found a copy of Small Arms of the World for 1.50, and the lady gave it to me for a dollar because "people dont care much for those old gun books".........
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Suh-WEEEET!!!  Two things, you need to find out more about this John Landon fellow....and My Dad worked for Eddie Rickenbacker, when Rickenbacker ran Eastern Airlines and they met a couple of times.

You really lucked out....I need to get to the couple of goodwills around here.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:49:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, huge score! The best I ever did was a couple of really good condition GI sleeping bags for $10 each!hug.gif
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:04:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow.  Amazing find and he seems like he would have been an amazing person.

www.acepilots.com/wwi/us_rickenbacker.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top