Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 10:16:57 AM EDT
I would have done the same.  What says ARFCOM?

Linky

BOULDER – The Division of Wildlife may file charges against a man who shot and killed a mountain lion that was attacking his puppy.

It happened around 1:30 a.m. on Monday outside a home on Flagstaff Road, near the intersection of Lakeshore Drive in west Boulder.

The man's identity has not been released, but the DOW says he was visiting Colorado from out of state.

The DOW says the mountain lion attacked one of three dogs that were chained up outside the home.

After yelling unsuccessfully for the animal to drop the puppy, the man got a shotgun to scare the cougar. He then shot the mountain lion after it moved toward him.

The DOW is investigating if the man was in his legal rights when he shot the animal. There are laws that protect the safety of people and their livestock from mountain lions, but the DOW says this situation is in a grey area because it was a dog.

The puppy is expected to survive after suffering injuries to its belly and neck.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:18:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks good to me.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:19:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I would have shot the cat even if it got close to my dog.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:20:26 AM EDT
[#3]
[

After yelling unsuccessfully for the animal to drop the puppy, the man got a shotgun to scare the cougar. He then shot the mountain lion after it moved toward him.

All I needed to see. Dead kitty
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#4]
SSS rules to live by
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:21:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
[

All I needed to see. Dead kitty

+1
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Linky

BOULDER – The Division of Wildlife may file charges against a man who shot and killed a mountain lion that was attacking his puppy.

It happened around 1:30 a.m. on Monday outside a home on Flagstaff Road, near the intersection of Lakeshore Drive in west Boulder.

The man's identity has not been released, but the DOW says he was visiting Colorado from out of state.

The DOW says the mountain lion attacked one of three dogs that were chained up outside the home.

The DOW is investigating if the man was in his legal rights when he shot the animal. There are laws that protect the safety of people and their livestock from mountain lions, but the DOW says this situation is in a grey area because it was a dog.

The puppy is expected to survive after suffering injuries to its belly and neck.

Just a puppy?  Bad shoot.  Large and agressive cat turning it's attention to a human?  Good shoot.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Like hell.  I'd shoot the big cat over a puppy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Linky

Just a puppy?  Bad shoot.  Large and agressive cat turning it's attention to a human?  Good shoot.

Why the hell do I have to allow a large predatory cat to eat my dog exactly?  It's attacking my pet and my property.  That it has gotten to the point that people have to wonder if they can kill the predator eating their pets in front of them is fucking insane.

"Tricky grey area"  -- Jesus.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:25:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Like hell.  I'd shoot the big cat over a puppy.

Me to
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Good shoot.
Fuck not with my dog lest ye wish to be fucked with by me.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:07:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Good shoot.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:07:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Mountain lion attacking domestic animal = good shoot.

Mountain lion in your back yard = good shoot.

When a mountain lion is hanging around your back door, you plug the bastard. If they are getting that close to your house, they are a problem waiting to happen...ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE SMALL CHILDREN.

Shoot, shovel, shutup.

The Division Of Wildlife sounds like a bunch of asshats for looking to press charges here.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Good shoot.
Fuck not with my dog lest ye wish to be fucked with by me.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#14]
When it comes to lions, SSS.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I heard this on the news before going to work today. Makes no sence to me.

I a lion came after our dog, my wife would personaly stranggle the thing. She loves her dog
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Good shoot, I don't see where there is even a question.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#17]
I would have called my taxidermist not the .gov
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#18]
I would have done the same. Couger would have had a face full of 10ga...
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:14:50 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Linky

Why the hell do I have to allow a large predatory cat to eat my dog exactly?  It's attacking my pet and my property.  That it has gotten to the point that people have to wonder if they can kill the predator eating their pets in front of them is fucking insane.

"Tricky grey area"  -- Jesus.

I see your point entirely, hell I agree with you!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:32:34 AM EDT
[#20]
If this was in Boulder, CO he may get life in prison...

That shithole is worse the Berkley.  

Before I moved away from northern colorado, the same jerkoffs had shut down the spring bear hunt.  Now they have lots of "bear encounters" in the area.  

Not a surprise to see a big predator looking for a quick snack in a backyard.

Too bad it was not eating the spawn of the hippie scum in boulder instead of a puppy...

Lem
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Jesus Christ, it's a lion! They should have gotten in the car!

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#22]
SSS
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Mountain lion attacking MIL = Meh, I didn't see anything.

Mountain lion attacking wife = That's a tough one, I'll have to think about it.

Mountain lion attacking my dog =  There's going to be one less mountain lion in the world that day.

I keed, I keed...
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:41:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Is birdshot adequate for lion self defense?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Good shot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top