Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/31/2005 8:02:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/31/2005 8:34:57 PM EDT by nascar3n8fan]
Damn this happened right across town from me.


'Bad blood' - Details unfold in shooting
News Tribune

Moments before he was shot and killed Sunday night, Winfred Kidd jumped into the backseat of a car parked outside of West Gate Lanes in Jefferson City and started a fight with one of the passengers.

That's according to police investigators who are still in the process of interviewing witnesses and investigating the circumstances in the bowling alley shooting.

Police believe the 18-year-old Kidd had a long-standing dispute with the driver, a 16-year old juvenile, and confronted him Sunday night when he spotted him at the bowling alley.

Both allegedly belonged to two different gangs -- Kidd to a gang called the "East Block Boys" and the juvenile to another gang called "The Street Hustlers" -- but police say the confrontation didn't have anything to do with gangs.

"These were kids with bad blood between them and it had nothing to do with gang violence," said Lt. Rob Bucklew.

The night of the incident, heated words were exchanged between the two and the juvenile left the building with friend James Mahaney to go to his car, Bucklew said.

Kidd reportedly followed and tried to gain entry to the car but found the front doors locked. He proceeded to jump into the car through one of the back doors and began punching the juvenile repeatedly, police said.

Mahaney responded by getting out of the vehicle and had planned to open the back door and try to get Kidd out. But by the time he got out, three gunshots reportedly were fired and Mahaney ducked.

Mahaney and the juvenile fled from the scene, leaving Kidd wounded in the parking lot. A short time later, Kidd died at Capital Region Medical Center from the wounds he received.

Preliminary results of an autopsy performed on Kidd Monday in Columbia showed that he died from a gunshot wound that penetrated his heart and a lung. Reports indicate the weapon used was a .25 caliber semi-automatic pistol. Kidd was shot three times.

Both Mahaney and the juvenile turned themselves in Monday, but no charges have been filed in the case. The juvenile is still being held in the Prenger Center while Mahaney has since been released.

BTW I guess all the cool gang names have already been taken.

Top Top