Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/4/2005 7:15:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/4/2005 7:19:46 PM EDT by PeteCO]
I haven't messed with any distro of Linux for about 3 years now, but I am looking to install it at home again. My only concern is running Quickbooks - my understanding is that it won't run under Wine for some reason, and I know it requires IE to run also.

Any recommendations on distributions and Windows emulation solutions? I am reasonably computer savvy, I was a systems engineer in a past life, so something I can fine tune would be nice. I'm not into building kernals and such, however.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:02:25 PM EDT

You might try Linspire OS, it is the one specifically designed to replace XP. I don't know for a fact, but I would suspect, that the user group would be able to tell you whether Quickbooks will work.

How dumb of Quickbooks to rely on a 3rd party OS component that might be broken with any given security update?

Jim
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:06:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KS_Physicist:
How dumb of Quickbooks to rely on a 3rd party OS component that might be broken with any given security update?

Jim

Agreed. I wonder if someone on Sourceforge has a nice open source replacement for Quickbooks that could read Quickbooks files? THAT would be an awesome app.
Top Top