BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 1/20/2023 8:29:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:37:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks about normal.  In true firing squad fashion it looks like they even allowed him a final cigarette.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:37:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Unknown, until I see the body camera footage.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:39:44 AM EDT
[#3]
“We just want to talk”

“This is now a crime scene”. Yeah, for attempted murder.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:41:03 AM EDT
[#4]
What was he holding in his hand when he came out?  Whatever it was, it looked like he had both hands in the air.  I heard about 10 shots and only 2 hit their mark.  With rifles at that.  Don't really know if this is a good shoot or not without seeing the body cam from the other side though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:43:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Nah, looks criminal to me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#6]
What in the actual fuck was that? Holy shit. Fucking executioners got the guy.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:44:44 AM EDT
[#7]
No one will care.  He’s poor and white.

Looked like a bit of the old capitol murder, but they’ll skate.

Ah, he survived despite their efforts.

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:45:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What was he holding in his hand when he came out?  Whatever it was, it looked like he had both hands in the air.  I heard about 10 shots and only 2 hit their mark.  With rifles at that.  Don't really know if this is a good shoot or not without seeing the body cam from the other side though.
View Quote

It’s the robot that the police threw through the door.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

He was carrying their camera-equipped robot, the one that showed he was unarmed
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:50:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Nope. Also understand how the drone might look in the dark though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:50:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was the remote camera that they threw in the door at the first of the video. You can see it moving around on the floor until he wakes up and picks it up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I’m assuming one of the retard cops will claim he thought their own robot was a gun…now mind you it had a camera so whoever was operating it knew he was carrying it…hope they pay much for murder…
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:53:57 AM EDT
[#13]
It’s difficult to account for the actions of someone that’s being taken into custody. I can see him thinking “I’ll just hand them back their little robot and figure out what’s wrong.” And I can see the cops going “oh shit he just disabled the robot.” And then he comes out with it in his hands.

Crazy video.

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:56:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It’s difficult to account for the actions of someone that’s being taken into custody. I can see him thinking “I’ll just hand them back their little robot and figure out what’s wrong.” And I can see the cops going “oh shit he just disabled the robot.” And then he comes out with it in his hands.

Crazy video.

View Quote

If you intentionally pick the time that people are the most disoriented to interact with them it’s reasonable to hold you accountable for the problems that causes.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:57:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nope. Also understand how the drone might look in the dark though.
View Quote

It’s their drone, they brought lights, this is a them problem.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:59:56 AM EDT
[#16]
LOTS of WTF there. The most amazing thing to me is that the woman was not similarly perforated!
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:02:39 AM EDT
[#17]
now youse can't leave mafia looks different

did the drone operator lose his voice?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#18]
At least they went home safe, and got a little extra pay.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:06:44 AM EDT
[#19]
No, not a good shoot.

Bad shoot.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What in the actual fuck was that? Holy shit. Fucking executioners got the guy.
View Quote

That's what it looks like to me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Doesn’t look like it…
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Those SWAT boys' dept bought that robot and could not wait to use it.

On a trailer? Really?

Also the operator knew it was in his hands.

"Hands hands hands!" *BANGBANGBANGBANG*

All for a search warrant that stemmed from a disturbance call?

What a fuckin clown show
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:16:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Why even order to see hands if you're just gonna blast the guy the millisecond he shows em? The whole fucking point of seeing hands is to NOT just waste the dude so you figure it out when they're on the ground.

Horrible shoot.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:23:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Now that’s the kind of bullshit I expect to come out of North Carolina.  

I hope the dude gets paid and the cops fired.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:25:10 AM EDT
[#25]
This is why you don’t get to be a cop anymore needs to be an option in situations like this.  Maybe one big screwup but it didn’t need to happen.  No liability for bad decisions here.  No knock raid in the middle of the night?  Ok but screw it up and people get fired and can’t be cops anymore.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:25:32 AM EDT
[#26]
I was a Cop for 30+ years.
I was a firearms instructor for 26+ years.
I was a SWAT Officer.
I had a shooting.
I’m retired, and now instruct Law Enforcement agencies on Use of Force.

From what is in view on the video it looks like a bad shoot.

It is possible 1 or more Officers saw the robot in the guy’s hand and believed it to be a gun, HOWEVER, the man appeared to have his hands raised, just as instructed.  

That press release is as bullshit as anything even the FBI could come up with, which on it’s own tells me the agency believes the shoot was bad, otherwise there wouldn’t be any “spin” on it.

IF Officers mistakenly believed the man was wielding a firearm when he was shot, and the agency released  an honest statement about it, I believe public suspicion and outrage would be minimized.

Lying to the public is despicable.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:31:00 AM EDT
[#27]
What was the result of his wounds? Did he die?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:34:56 AM EDT
[#29]
"We thought, with our night vision goggles, white lights and commanding positions, that the robot was a gun!" - professional

Also, holy fucking misses, Batman, lol.

Ray Charles would have had a higher hit percentage given the same circumstances and equipment.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#30]
His left hand is up, the right hand, with the object he was pointing, seems outstretched.

It's not reasonable for the person watching the camera feed to recognize the guy picked up the robot and to get word to the perimeter officers in that short amount of time.

It is objectively reasonable for the officers to fear death/sbi when the guy opens the door and points a dark object at them.

Sucks for this guy but don't have shit in your hands when you are surrendering to the police. And certainly don't point that object at them or in their direction.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I was a Cop for 30+ years.
I was a firearms instructor for 26+ years.
I was a SWAT Officer.
I had a shooting.
I’m retired, and now instruct Law Enforcement agencies on Use of Force.

From what is in view on the video it looks like a bad shoot.

It is possible 1 or more Officers saw the robot in the guy’s hand and believed it to be a gun, HOWEVER, the man appeared to have his hands raised, just as instructed.  

That press release is as bullshit as anything even the FBI could come up with, which on it’s own tells me the agency believes the shoot was bad, otherwise there wouldn’t be any “spin” on it.

IF Officers mistakenly believed the man was wielding a firearm when he was shot, and the agency released  an honest statement about it, I believe public suspicion and outrage would be minimized.

Lying to the public is despicable.
View Quote

This, BAD shoot, cops need to go to prison and man needs to get paid.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Crazy video.

View Quote

Where does "Oh shit he just disabled the robot" fall on the UoF continuum?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:41:30 AM EDT
[#33]
JFC !!!

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
His left hand is up, the right hand, with the object he was pointing, seems outstretched.

It's not reasonable for the person watching the camera feed to recognize the guy picked up the robot and to get word to the perimeter officers in that short amount of time.

It is objectively reasonable for the officers to fear death/sbi when the guy opens the door and points a dark object at them.

Sucks for this guy but don't have shit in your hands when you are surrendering to the police. And certainly don't point that object at them or in their direction.
View Quote

That shit is only reasonable to people with a lack of self accountability. *looks at screen name* Oh... it's you.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Officer at 5:20 says "fuck, fuck" and another says "camera, camera".
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:48:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Surround and call outs are so much safer.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:51:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If you intentionally pick the time that people are the most disoriented to interact with them it’s reasonable to hold you accountable for the problems that causes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crazy video.

Looks like intentional murder to me.

Litterally woke the bastard up by tossing a remote control thing in his unlocked door, waited for him to light a cig, slowly walk out turning on lights as he went, and calmly walked out the door.  Holding their own fucking r/c thing and a cigarette.

May the bastard(s) who fired those shots never sleep a peaceful night again.  And may they get every fucking book thrown at them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:51:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#39]
you would think they knew he had the robot in his hand since it has a fucking camera on it

hey he picked us up and is moving

appears in doorway - must be a gun, light him up

oh nope, that was our robot, we forgot

their press release doesnt appear to line up with the video either.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:52:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's the SWAT robot with a camera on it.  They are pretty cool, you throw them through a window or open door and you can see if suspects are armed or have hostages.

I am going with somebody thought it was a gun when he came out and kicked off the mag dumps.

Bad shoot.

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#41]
definitely looks bad to me
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:54:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

don't they have fucking radios are do they send carrier pigeons to relay info on the suspect?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:55:19 AM EDT
[#43]
I would like a little more backstory on why the warrant was signed and what the disturbance was leading to this situation unfolding.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That shit is only reasonable to people with a lack of self accountability. *looks at screen name* Oh... it's you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can't be held responsible when all they did was surround the house, toss shit in, and start yelling commands at a man walking out slowly about a minute after they woke him up.

Cops say you need to have perfect situational awareness and comprehension at all times, but cops need a huge amount of latitude in thinking the very thing they threw into his house is a gun when he grabs the unfamiliar thing and comes out peacefully and slowly.

They created the situation, they are responsible for what happens.

Hope the man survives.

Hope the shithead who fired catches charges.  That was retarded.  And over some disturbance call?  Guessing heads need to roll going up the chain.  Why was that level of force even authorized by a judge?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:59:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

He was holding the camera robot the police had thrown into the trailer.

All of the cops there should go to jail.

But txinvestigator will be here soon to tell me to shut the fuck up, I am sure.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:59:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I would like a little more backstory on why the warrant was signed and what the disturbance was leading to this situation unfolding.
View Quote

This. And it looks like a bad shoot.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:02:26 AM EDT
[#47]
WTF ever happened to knocking on the door?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:03:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Wow
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:03:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
WTF ever happened to knocking on the door?
View Quote

can't justify the OT for SWAT or let em field test their new little roomba if you just knock on the door.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean, there *may* be more to the story, but when the official press release talks about a combative man coming out shooting, and then you see the actual video that is just about exactly the opposite...  My gut reaction is fuck every cop there that night.

Disturbance call at 2300-ish the night before to waking them up at what, 0500?  Then shoot the second they see him with their own camera and a cigarette in hand?  Then lie their asses off about him being combative?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top