Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2002 10:03:06 AM EDT
[i]This was sent to me via email from a friend, I haven't verified it, but considering WHO it's refering to, wouldn't doubt it.[/i]

Gold Star Mothers

You really should be sitting down when you read this one.

Gold Star Mothers is an organization made up of women whose sons
were killed in military combat during service in the United States armed forces.

Recently a delegation of New York State Gold Star Mothers made a trip to Washington, DC to discuss various concerns with their elected representatives.

According to published reports, there was only one politician who
refused to meet with these ladies.

Can you guess which politician that might be?
Was it New York Senator Charles Schumer?
Nope, he met with them.

Try again.
Do you know anyone serving in the Senate who has never
showed  anything but contempt for our military?
Do you happen to know the name of any politician in Washington
who's husband once wrote of his loathing for the military?

Now you're getting warm!
You got it!
None other than the Queen herself, Hillary Clinton.
She refused repeated requests to meet with the Gold Star Mothers.

Now -- please don't tell me you're surprised.
This woman wants to be president of the United States ---
and there is  a huge percentage of voters who are eager
to help her achieve that goal.

Sincerely, Cdr. Hamilton McWhorter USN (ret)

PS:
Please forward this to as many people as you can.
We don't want this woman to even think of running for President.

May you sleep in peace always...and please...hug or thank a Veteran
for that privilege.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 10:15:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
PS:
Please forward this to as many people as you can.
View Quote

Whenever you see this line in any kind of mail, caution is advised.

Claim:   New York Senator Hillary Clinton was the "only politician in DC who refused to meet with" a delegation of Gold Star mothers.

Example:   [Collected on the Internet, 2001]

Origins:   Ah, a week without another anti-Clintonian screed full of Newsmaxian hyperbole would be like a day without smog. The piece quoted above began as a 26 May 2001 "Hillary Snubs Gold Star Mothers" article on NewsMax.com

The e-mail quoted above takes the invective to an ever higher level, maintaining that Hillary Clinton was not just the only senator who wouldn't give the Gold Star mothers the time of day, but the "only politician in DC who refused to meet with these ladies." (Even just calling upon all the senators in Washington would have required this delegation of two women to visit one hundred separate offices; most likely they were only calling upon congressmen and senators representing the state of New York.)

The incident referred to in the NewsMax.com article took place on 27 February 2001, when the two women (New York chapter president Shirley Jones and member Mary Wheeler) dropped by Ms. Clinton's congressional office to discuss a proposed bill to provide annuities to the parents of servicemen killed in action. However, they stopped by without an appointment, on a day when the senator was not in her office, as confirmed by the response inquiries about this piece drew from the American Gold Star Mothers organization:

The American Gold Star Mothers, Inc., deeply regret the misunderstanding about Senator Hillary Clinton. The two mothers who visited Washington did not have an appointment with the Senator and she was not in her office on that day.
We would appreciate it if the e-mails and negative comments about Senator Clinton would cease.

Georgianna Carter-Krell
American Gold Star Mothers
National President
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 10:42:33 AM EDT
[#2]
hence my little "disclaimer" at the top.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top