Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2002 12:24:31 PM EDT
I have a friend that was in the Navy for about 8 years spending some time as a Medic working with the Marines. He once mentioned that he went to Goat School.  Anyone ever heard of it?
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like some hillbilly sex school to me.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:54:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:26:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#5]
The Q course Goat Lab used to be located behind the HALO wind tunnel at Bragg.  Was shut down in late 96-early 97 IIRC.  No need to use goats anymore, just do a rotation in any big city trauma center and you will get much better practice at treating gunshot wounds.  

Now remember, I used to do PSYOP for a living.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a friend that was in the Navy for about 8 years spending some time as a Medic working with the Marines. He once mentioned that he went to Goat School.  Anyone ever heard of it?
View Quote

I believe the proper term for your friend would Corpsman not medic.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I scrounged the internet for this before and came up with a whole lot of not much.  Although EVERYBODY knows somebody that swears they were graded on shot up goats.

The whole medic/corpsman pass/fail over a shot goat sounds a little UL to me.  I'm not saying Uncle Sugar didn't shoot a few goats and see if some dudes could learn anything from it - but I think its application was limited.

How would like to be graded on how well you repaired something that was shot.  Too many variables involved to make the testing anywhere near fair.  It would be b-a-a-a-a-a-d.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#9]

They Use Fainting Goats.. [;)]

Faints and falls over when they hear a loud noise... really !!

Link Posted: 7/17/2002 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I scrounged the internet for this before and came up with a whole lot of not much.  Although EVERYBODY knows somebody that swears they were graded on shot up goats.

The whole medic/corpsman pass/fail over a shot goat sounds a little UL to me.  I'm not saying Uncle Sugar didn't shoot a few goats and see if some dudes could learn anything from it - but I think its application was limited.

How would like to be graded on how well you repaired something that was shot.  Too many variables involved to make the testing anywhere near fair.  It would be b-a-a-a-a-a-d.
View Quote
I know that the Special Forces organization that doesn't exist went to Hawaii to shoot goats at long range.  (Goats were feral and eating endangered plants - somebody was gonnna off 'em.)  But as far as I know, nobody [i]treated[/i] them after they were shot.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, whatever he learned there, it was worth it.  He has stiched me and a few of my friends up after hockey games, and he work is as good as that I have received from doctors.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 5:03:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I went to Goat school, when I was in the good old US Army.

of course it was the[b]M561 Gamma Goat[/b] School.

This thing was the biggest [b]POS[/b] ever! (or pretty darn close)

I recall the popular theory back then about it's origin...

It was designed by a female and she did what she "needed to do" to the General in charge of vehicle procurement. [}:D]

[img]http://dwp.bigplanet.com/rellitechnology/nss-folder/pictures/M561.GamaGoat.jpg[/img]

(sorry to dredge up any bad memories that took years to push to the deepest corners of your mind)[:D]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:33:54 AM EDT
[#13]
used to be called "Goat Lab"...then "Dog Lab"...then "Med Lab"...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top