Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 1:34:38 PM EDT
Hello.

I have some Klinton-era 10rd Glock factory mags (G17).

Now, even with magazine loaders, I can't fit 10 rounds into the mags. With loaders, I can get in 8 or 9 until it's just impossible to fit another in. With my fingers, I can get in 7 or so before I can't put any more in.

These are relatively new mags, so, I was wondering if I have to break these things in before they can accept the full 10 rounds. About how many loads/unloads must be done before they'll take a full load?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:35:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a couple of the same mags.

I am able to get 10 rounds in, but your REALLY have to push HARD!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#2]
My two 10 rd. G17 mags are tuff to get the last couple rounds in.  It's hard but I can get them in there.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Do normal capacity mags experience this as well?

Are most Glock mags like this? Why does this happen?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Those bastards have the strongest springs I have ever seen!  Damn near takes a hammer to get #10 in.   Thank goodness we can buy standard capacity mags again!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#5]
New they are very hard to get the last round in. I have five 10-rounders and they were all really tight when new. I have 5 17 rounders on backorder. Hopefully I'll get them this month.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#6]
put some muscle into... even with new mags.... I am able to load 10 with a HKS loader, with the fingers it is much harder.

I hope you not using the Glock factory loader that came with your gun.... use a HKS speed loader, it make loading a snap.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I just loaded a pile of G19 mags today for my new Oly glock 9MM rifle- 10 and 15 and 32? rounds.  You just have the stick your tounge out like so and cuss a little - they will hold what they advertise.

I think the cheap Glock loaded work way better then the fancy thumb dinger model - you can get more leverage.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
put some muscle into...

Would something like 75-lbs of pressure from a clamp be enough?

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#9]
its a consipracy the call it a 10 round but itttsss nottttt  try lamaz he he hoooo he he hooo PUSH!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
put some muscle into...

Would something like 75-lbs of pressure from a clamp be enough?

I find unless the 9th round is actually DENTED by the 10th's insertion...You're not using enough muscle.

Further, IIRC the standard capacity mags are kinda hard to get the last one in but not to such an extent as to dent the second to the last round.  However, I also note that the springs in my standard capacity mags take a set and have replaced a lot of em in the past 9-10 years.  I am not impressed with Glocks mag springs. YMMV.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:25:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am not impressed with Glocks mag springs. YMMV.

Sly

Neither am I. I'm beginning to think that Glock once made springs for car suspensions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top