Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2013 4:44:06 PM EDT
Hey everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read my thread.

I bought two Glock ghost 3.5 trigger connectors and I installed the first one on my Glock 27. I put the gun back together and it was working fine, the trigger would stay depressed unless I racked the slide like normal.

I then installed the Ghost trigger in my Glock 19 and put it back together and the trigger would not stay depressed. It would just go back to the reset position without racking the slide. Also, I can not take off the slide without pulling out the firing pin first.

I then went back to my Glock 27 to check if I did something different and then put it back together and now the 27 is ALSO doing the same thing.

Here is a video of my problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOMo6mOSMs0

Does anyone know where I'm messing up?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:49:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no specific idea, fbernar, nor do I know what the ghost trigger is, but a common reassembly error with glocks is to set the trigger spring incorrectly above rather than below (or vice versa, I forget) one of the reassembly pins.

EA: We have a Glock-specific subforum under the Handgun section.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm...the trigger is not releasing the striker (firing pin) either...so your guns will not shoot.

I think you should go back to the original triggers and see if that fixes it first.

If the original triggers don't work properly either, you are putting something together wrong...like the trigger spring mentioned above.

If the original triggers work fine...then the problem is the "ghost trigger."
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:53:19 PM EDT
[#3]
The over travel stop on the ghost connector has to be fitted.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This. These are not "drop in" trigger parts.

Edit: unless these are " race guns" (And I'm guessing by your post they aren't ) you need to put the stock trigger back in if this is a defensive gun.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

+2

That is your problem

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:16:15 PM EDT
[#6]
What you want is a Glock factory 3.5 connector. They are drop-in.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:10:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

What you want is a Glock factory 3.5 connector. They are drop-in.

This.

I put a 3.5 pound Glock brand trigger connector in with no trouble at all. I've put at least 500 rounds, trouble free, through my Glock since I did it, too.

YMMV< etc.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:22:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. These are not "drop in" trigger parts.

Edit: unless these are " race guns" (And I'm guessing by your post they aren't ) you need to put the stock trigger back in if this is a defensive gun.

If he puts some of the heavier springs in with the 3.5lb trigger he'll get a crisper trigger but with a reasonable pull weight.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:23:01 AM EDT
[#9]
If they are the kind that need overtravel fitting then they need to be fitted as mentioned. If they are the kind that are supposed to be drop in then have you tried swapping the connectors around? Does the working one work in the other gun and vice versa?

I have one of those Ghost drop in ones and it is pretty bad ass.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:38:42 AM EDT
[#10]
take them apart put the original parts back in and re assemble. 3.5 lbs connectors suck dick. yes they make pull lighter but mushy.the stock 5.5 pull is better
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top