Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 2/23/2019 2:35:51 AM EDT
My stated purpose an intent to start this thread is:

1.  To ID the license plate of the Camaro showing the muzzle of his firearm to me.
2.   To upload the video as a courtesy to those who helped.
3.  To learn anything about myself that can help
4.  If anyone else can learn anything.

No other reason to waste my time or the bandwith with posts.

The Camaro driver makes me upset.  He thinks he can intimidate someone with a handgun who is driving a 7k SUV. He better be ready to press the trigger and face the consequences.

These types of people are why gun ownership worldwide is threatened.

Yelling and honking in the video is because the Glock is being pointed at me while his car is parallel.    Encouraging him to press the trigger.  Any benefit to filing a police report?

The honking in the video is to encourage the Camaro to shoot, that is betting he will miss along with not causing a wreck in traffic by some abrupt fancy maneuver.   If the Camaro fires he is breaking the "law," not me.

It is important to note that 2012 Black Camaro was driving at excessive speed, he slowed down only to show me the muzzle of his firearm.

OP vehicle is traveling about 52 mph from the GPS track speed on camera, and slowed down to about 42mph then OP yelling at the fellow showing the business end of his Firearm.

Options seemed limited.

Amazing, even with a video, and a truthful accurate description and no illegal activity, the people at ARFCOM are making worthless comments that are an assessment of nothing.

In a normal defensive scenario with a gun, yes, definitely escape for cover or concealment or change your direction really fast. In that senario no on else is as risk but yourself.

Driving a car merging to an interstate in traffic? That is a little different.

OP slowed down from 52 to 37 merging to I-20E before the Camaro passed.

If this where not a merging to another interstate then very likely slowing down rapidly or pulling over is more "intuitive."

Rendition picture of firearm:

http://gunsknowledge.com/images/glock%2017%20pistol%20full%20automatic.jpg

Solved in less than three hours.   Red_Blue found it but everyone's contribution helped to solve this really fast.   Wasted a lot of time trying to find out myself and trying to upload the video.  Video does not really matter because you cannot see the Glock except on screen shot or slow motion.  Video just has yelling and honking while the Camaro driver is  pointing the Glock directly at the OP with an extended magazine with his driver's window down exactly parallel to the OP car a SUV sized truck with some height off the ground.

Entire OP post edited to updated to add comments from this thread:
Update from the thread,  need to verify with Birmingham, PD, plate and data courtesy of Red_Blue, updated location, interstate, city.
BOLO issued 9:50am cst any benefit to making a police report?

45th Anniversary

Black 2012 Chevrolet Camaro LT

Hendricks Chevrolet Sticker

JBD662 thanks to Red_Blue

Vin:  2G1FC1E36C9133293

Everything is in the right lane, no fast lane.

Thanks to help from this thread response has been edited from 2016 Mailibu to 2010-2013 Camaro with an Alabama Bicentennial License plate, (thanks to less_than_zero and others) probably "factory red stripe,"  thanks to "Merrell"  and others on ar15.com.  Maybe 2000 sold in the state of Alabama?

The Birmingham police will not decipher this plate because "waving" a firearm is only a misdemeanor.

At 17:04 2-22-2019, Birmingham, Alabama on 20/59 N just before merging to I-20 E, in control of my lane, turned my turn signal on for a bit to turn to the other lane but did not.   Not sure exactly what he was upset about.  This fellow driving a black 2010-2013 Camaro, points a Glock with an extended magazine at me twice, long and slow.  The first time parallel to the vehicle.  The response is honking and yelling and that is probably why there is a shot of him pulling the Glock a second time in this video.  Driving a taller vehicle ads some advantage.  After noticing me talking with phone headset, he dangerously exited on the 1st Avenue North exit.

The dashcam video is about 300K in total, 1080P, Sony sensor but cannot get the correct license plate number. No luck uploading the .mov file to photobucket.  Have two .jpg files .png screen shots.

The first time he pointed the Glock the vehicles are parallel, this is a screen shot from the video of the 2nd time to brandish the Glock, if you look closely you can see the Glock in this .png:

http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/Splubey1/media/Untitled-picture_of_the_Glock_zpsyxjeli3q.png.html?sort=3&o=1

This is one screen shot of the license plate, hard to say what is the best frame, at 1080P there are maybe 20 to 50 good frames.

http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/Splubey1/media/Untitled_zps94mcnhmi.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Do you know anyone that  .mov video in slow motion or the attached .png files to get the correct License plate number?    I have already contacted the police but cannot get the correct license plate number.  A good guess was JBO642, but according to the local police that is not a valid plate.

No I did not get an ID on the license plate visually, instead choosing to call the police.  City population is about 210,000 and there is a lot of irresponsible firearms use in certain communities.

Police said it sounds like an an Alabama Motorsports tag or Alabama Bicentennial plate?
https://www.google.com/search?q=Alabama+motorsports+tag&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjViezSptHgAhXnYt8KHTUOAeUQ_AUIDygC&biw=1366&bih=570

Is it possible to attach images?

Youtube and similar is going to convert the .mov for web use and loose quality?  If the plate is hard to read that might be a mistake.  Better to use some type of web hosting like Photobucket?    The rear lights on this vehicle looks like  2016 Malibu?
https://www.google.com/search?hl=EN&biw=1366&bih=570&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=dPZwXIa0E9Kt_QbgyZvoAQ&q=2016+malibu+rear

Probably OP last comment:

OP vehicle weights more than twice as much as the Camaro.

It is not my responsibility to give a lesson in ballistics.

Camaro driver is driving the vehicle, try accurately firing a handgun at a car directly parallel.   Have to use your left hand.   No, more, not my responsibility to educate.

It was a gamble, a risk, yes.

The Camaro driver wanted and expected a reaction, but he got an unexpected reaction.

Many of the people in this thread have seen and believed too many movies.    Even on ARFCOM people seem brainwashed by the media.

Amazing, even with a video, and a truthful accurate description and no illegal activity, the people at ARFCOM are making worthless comments that are an assessment of nothing.

In a normal defensive scenario with a gun, yes, definitely escape for cover or concealment or change your direction really fast. In that senario no on else is as risk but yourself.

Driving a car merging to an interstate in traffic? That is a little different.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 2:39:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 2:42:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Is that the best frame you have
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 2:44:57 AM EDT
[#3]
There are probably at least twenty good frames at 1080p that is why I want to find a way to upload the video unaltered.   Police have already been contacted.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 2:47:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Day 1
eta: You can use Google Drive or any other online file sharing site. You could also upload to youtube but the quality may be diminished.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 2:48:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Try uploading the video to YouTube or Vimeo.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 2:49:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Can you put iron YouTube
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 2:51:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try uploading the video to YouTube or Vimeo.
View Quote
This. Although, the quality could potentially degrade.

Maybe drop the original in a Google Drive or Box.com folder, then share a link with those interested in helping?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 2:55:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Could you not see the license plate while driving?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 2:55:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Not me?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:02:02 AM EDT
[#10]
In before OP was driving like a fuckhead.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:06:47 AM EDT
[#11]
The car looks like a Camero and the tag looks like an AL bicentennial tag.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:11:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Didn't see pic

Anything distinguishing? Blacked out windows? Big rims?

Year/version Malibu?

Time & location / direction of travel you have.

Depending on the size of your town, the local popo may know a car / driver if they are known gangbangers or drug dealers. Glock w/extended mag and brandishing pretty much puts them in a couple groups (under 40, probably under 30 etc)

If there are regular / unsolved drivebys, may generate more interest from LE than an isolated road rage.

I'd ask to talk to an officer tomorrow and bring the vid (unless you did something really dumb to tick the other driver off)
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:13:36 AM EDT
[#13]
In before OP says that they yelled "This is MAGA country!"
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:14:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Might be an Alabama plate but I bet it happened in New Mexico.  Just moved here and have seen it twice now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:16:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
At 17:04 2-22-2019, in control of my lane, turned my turn signal on for a bit to turn to the other lane but did not.   Not sure exactly what he was upset about.  This fellow driving a black Chevrolet Malibu points a Glock with an extended magazine at me twice, long and slow.  The dashcam video is about 300K in total, 1080P, Sony sensor but cannot get the correct license plate number. No luck uploading the .mov file to photobucket.  Have two .jpg files .png screen shots.

The first time he pointed the Glock the vehicles were parallel, this is a screen shot from the video of the 2nd time to brandish the Glock:

http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/Splubey1/media/Untitled-picture_of_the_Glock_zpsyxjeli3q.png.html?sort=3&o=1

This is one screen shot of the license plate, hard to say what is the best frame, at 1080P there are maybe 20 to 50 good frames.

http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/Splubey1/media/Untitled_zps94mcnhmi.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Do you know anyone can that review the .mov video or the attached .png files to get the correct License plate number?    I have already contacted the police but cannot get the correct license plate number.  A good guess was JBO642, but according to the local police that is not a valid plate.

No I did not get an ID on the license plate visually, instead choosing to call the police.

Most likely an Alabama USA plate.

Is it possible to attach images?

Youtube and similar is going to convert the .mov for web use and loose quality?  If the plate is hard to read that might be a mistake.  Better to use some type of web hosting like Photobucket?

I am about to go to sleep, will add to this later.

Thanks
View Quote

As said before there are several ways to upload the original file to the web. Photobucket isn't going to help. Best to work with the original .mov than a screencap of Windows Media Player playing the file.

enhance....
enhance....
enhance....
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:18:29 AM EDT
[#16]
If there are any Adobe Lightroom users (I'm not) they released a new "enhance" feature 2 weeks ago that's supposed to be good for up to 30% detail/resolution improvement.

https://petapixel.com/2019/02/12/adobe-enhance-details-increases-raw-photo-resolution-by-up-to-30/

May help if things are just not quite legible, but not a miracle TV magic button.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:23:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

As said before there are several ways to upload the original file to the web. Photobucket isn't going to help. Best to work with the original .mov than a screencap of Windows Media Player playing the file.
https://i.imgur.com/YBKUtwW.png
enhance....
enhance....
enhance....
https://i.imgur.com/eBYzC1Z.jpg
View Quote
Of course that's a camaro not a malibu. Probably factory red stripe, which narrows it down a touch from black camaro. The dealer badge at the edge of the trunk lip is distinctive enough that a couple visits to local chevy dealers might tell you where it came from (or eliminate it as a local)

Wheels could be stock, most camaros have oversize wheels...

Based on passenger side window (looking through his rear window) would guess not dark tinted beyond factory)

Based on pop its B'ham, Montgomery, Huntsville, or Mobile.

Post pic in Alabama HTF and ask if anyone can ID that chevy dealer badge.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:24:12 AM EDT
[#18]
I think your Malibu is a 2010-2013 Camaro...
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:28:27 AM EDT
[#19]
J 8? 0 6 X? 2

J 6 0 6 X 2 ?

Unknown state
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:41:52 AM EDT
[#20]
See if you can ID locally on FB.

There can only be so many black with red Camaros in your area. Someone knows that guy.

Or try to figure out what dealership that is from and same thing; they've only sold so many cars in that trim.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:42:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep.

Don't know how many variants they made (SS, et al), which had blacked out (vs chrome) trim.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:44:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
J 8? 0 6 X? 2

J 6 0 6 X 2 ?

Unknown state
View Quote
That may be enough for LE to find the vehicle, given a know make/model/color. Those aren't too common. Three digits narrows it down to 10,000 cars, four digits is where matching starts to get easier.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:50:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That may be enough for LE to find the vehicle, given a know make/model/color. Those aren't too common. Three digits narrows it down to 10,000 cars, four digits is where matching starts to get easier.
View Quote
A state would help a LOT.

Alabama Bicentennial was mentioned earlier - looks very close.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:56:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Looks like JB06X2
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:08:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

See if you can ID locally on FB.

There can only be so many black with red Camaros in your area. Someone knows that guy.

Or try to figure out what dealership that is from and same thing; they've only sold so many cars in that trim.
View Quote
Camaro car sales by month Here just to get an idea of the volumes were looking at. Figuring a generous 100K/yr over 4 yrs we have 400K for 325 million people. 210K/325M * 400K  = ~259 camaros of that vintage (assuming equal distribution across the country, which ain't so). Still a number of maybe 1000 total max camaros in a 210K town is a reasonable upper bound. Breakdown of camaro popularity by color?

Well, there's a Camaro research group that gives exact percentages, but only for 66-69. Bummer.

Hey, here we go!

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=125130&stc=1&d=1274009757

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82768

And they break down sales by state!

2003 (2010 model year) Camaros sold in Alabama

So figure 8K Camaros with that tail light style sold in AL. Quarter of em have black exterior so 2K total black Camaros of that vintage in AL.

Assuming equal distribution of black camaros in AL (pop 4.87M) that yields ~86 black camaros in that town. But its probably higher since its popular with the urban crowd (at least so in my area)

So ballpark a couple hundred in that town. Losses from crashes may take a chunk. Y'all dont have rust, so many still on the road.

How hard to find a black camaro with a red stripe out of say 2-300 black camaros?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:09:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do Alabama plates for cars typ have that structure?

Could it be a vanity plate? (JBONES or somethin?)
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:10:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Looks like JB06X2
View Quote
Yeah JBO662 is what I’m seeing. Do we know what pattern the plates use?  3 letters, 3 numbers? Alternating? Could be J8O6G2 or something.

Still, I’d be kinda surprised if the cops bother. You’ll report it where you live, they’ll say you need to report where it occurred, then those cops won’t pursue anything cuz 1) they won’t write it up as a violent crime for statistics, 2) you’re not a constituent and 3) the offender lives somewhere else that they don’t wanna bother with jurisdiction. In other words, it’ll be a lot of work with little payoff.

Still, try. And if you do get a reluctant response, involve the media. Make them good for something.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:14:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

A state would help a LOT.

Alabama Bicentennial was mentioned earlier - looks very close.
View Quote
AL bicentennial plate

All other distinctive AL plates

https://revenue.alabama.gov/motor-vehicle/license-plate-information/specialty-license-plates-all-vehicles/
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:14:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:17:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Correct

I’m seeing
JBO662
Or
J80662
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:17:32 AM EDT
[#31]

Looking at other bama plates, seems its 3 letters + 3 numbers
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:22:41 AM EDT
[#32]
<<<< Collector of Alabama license plates for the last 20+ years

@Cingular It might be helpful if you could actually give a little more insight as to where you were or where you live when this incident occurred, instead of trying to play the internet secret squirrel bullshit, but the car in question is a 2010 to 2017 Chevrolet Camaro with an Alabama bicentennial license plate.  Alabama began issuing the bicentennial license plates last year and began the series with the number JBA000.  Not sure what number they're currently up to, but the car in question looks to be possibly JBC662 or JBO662.

ETA:  Yeah, Merrell nailed it above me with the photo.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:24:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Is there a county code? Yes. Yes there is.

"Alabama established a numerical county-code system for its license plates in 1941, with codes 1, 2 and 3 assigned to the three most populous counties of the time (Jefferson, Mobile and Montgomery), and codes 4 through 67 assigned to the remaining counties in alphabetical order.[12] Code 70 was added in 1948 for replacement plates, followed in 1966 by code 80 for supplemental plates in counties that had run out of standard plates.[3] The system remains in use today on passenger plates and some non-passenger types."

List at link:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Alabama

Where in the 3 numbers is unknown for now.

For example, Barbour County Number 06 on Alabama Licence Plates

Need an expert on license plate cipherin'

@bama-shooter

(Typed this while an Alabama License Plate collector showed up above. Do we have everything on this forum or what?)
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:26:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Is there a county code? Yes. Yes there is.

"Alabama established a numerical county-code system for its license plates in 1941, with codes 1, 2 and 3 assigned to the three most populous counties of the time (Jefferson, Mobile and Montgomery), and codes 4 through 67 assigned to the remaining counties in alphabetical order.[12] Code 70 was added in 1948 for replacement plates, followed in 1966 by code 80 for supplemental plates in counties that had run out of standard plates.[3] The system remains in use today on passenger plates and some non-passenger types."

List at link:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Alabama

Where in the 3 numbers is unknown for now.

For example, Barbour County Number 06 on Alabama Licence Plates

Need an expert on license plate cipherin'

@bama-shooter
View Quote
Only county code on that plate would be on the decal, unfortunately.  No hope of seeing it in these pictures but my guess is gonna be Jefferson (01) Mobile (02) or Montgomery (03) county...  

ETA:  And Wikipedia is wrong, county codes started in 1942.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:28:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Only county code on that plate would be on the decal, unfortunately.  No hope of seeing it in these pictures but my guess is gonna be Jefferson county...  
View Quote
Ah. Yes, a closer look at the stickers would be illuminating:

"Since 1980, Alabama has used a staggered registration system based on the first letter of the registrant's last name. Registrations expire January through November, with fleet, leased, and commercial vehicles expiring in November."
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:36:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Ah. Yes, a closer look at the stickers would be illuminating:

"Since 1980, Alabama has used a staggered registration system based on the first letter of the registrant's last name. Registrations expire January through November, with fleet, leased, and commercial vehicles expiring in November."
View Quote
To add to the confusion (and a total sidetrack to this thread) we started using "print on demand" decals last year in most counties which negate the need for a separate month decal, but some counties (including my own) still use the old system of a month and a year decal.  My particular county hasn't changed to the new decal system because the license commissioner just bought new printers and doesn't want to buy more, so we're running the old system for the forseable future.  Last year when I renewed plates I did it in two batches at two locations and one location gave me year decals with Jackson county decals and another location gave me Mobile county decals.  I live in Madison county, but we got the left-over decals from the other counties that have already switched to the new system.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:37:58 AM EDT
[#37]
JBO662 is my guess

JBxµµ? where J & B seem certain, "x" is O or C, "µµ" is two numbers which appear to be the same, possibly 66 or other, and "?" is unknown, possibly a 2.

So running all the black camaros (unknown but doubtful DMV includes a stripe, unless a stripe was specific to an engine or some RPO in the VIN code) in a county with bicentennial plate beginning with JBO or JBC, might be doable...
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:44:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
JBO662 is my guess

JBxµµ? where J & B seem certain, "x" is O or C, "µµ" is two numbers which appear to be the same, possibly 66 or other, and "?" is unknown, possibly a 2.

So running all the black camaros (unknown but doubtful DMV includes a stripe, unless a stripe was specific to an engine or some RPO in the VIN code) in a county with bicentennial plate beginning with JBO or JBC, might be doable...
View Quote
I'd bet money on it being Montgomery or Jefferson county, probably Jefferson. Insert Carnac meme here...

ETA:  Interesting note, I just went back to the photo posted and can't see a year decal visible.  It should either have a mint green decal for a 2019 expiration or a yellow (some call it gold) decal for a 2020 expiration.  It could possibly have a red 2018  or yellow 2017 decal if the tag is expired, but I don't see any signs of any of those colors in the photo.  Hmmm....
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 5:02:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'd bet money on it being Montgomery or Jefferson county. Insert Carnac meme...

ETA:  Interesting note, I just went back to the photo posted and can't see a year decal visible.  It should either have a mint green decal for a 2019 expiration or a yellow (some call it gold) decal for a 2020 expiration.  It could possibly have a red 2018  or yellow 2017 decal if the tag is expired, but I don't see any signs of any of those colors in the photo.  Hmmm....
View Quote
OP said 210k city, and here are the cities in AL by size:

CITYPOPULATION
1 Birmingham 212,157 (2016)
2 Montgomery 200,022 (2016)
3 Huntsville 193,079 (2016)
4 Mobile 192,904 (2016)

I'd talk to the police again and tell em the plate is possibly JBO662 and ask if that comes up on a black Camaro 2010-2013 vintage.

If no luck there, OP might post the pic and story on this place

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

That's a 5th generation Camaro forum (where I found some 2010 data posted above).

I'd bet they'd find stuff we missed. They go into detail on them. Like this

If there are locals to that city, they may recognize the car. I notice cars that are close to mine.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 5:06:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/YBKUtwW.png
enhance....
enhance....
enhance....
https://i.imgur.com/eBYzC1Z.jpg
View Quote
Can you enhance the street signs? (Interstate exit sign)

@XeonEvolved

I'll guess Jefferson County
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 5:21:36 AM EDT
[#41]
JBD662

2012 Chevrolet Camaro LT

VIN:
2G1FC1E36C9133293

@Cingular
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 5:30:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
In before OP says that they yelled "This is MAGA country!"
View Quote
This.

OP, are you black, homosexual, bisexual, trisexual, pansexual, or transsexual?

And was he wearing a MAGA hat?

Don't forget the part about how he was wearing a MAGA hat!

Kidding, just kidding.

Seriously, good luck getting asshole boy ID'd and charged.

Idiots like him are why we can't have nice things, and why (well, one reason, anyway) liberals want our guns.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 5:45:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
JBD662

2012 Chevrolet Camaro LT

@Cingular
View Quote
Man that sure looks like the year

Check this out: black with the offset red stripe on the trunk

"2012 Chevrolet Camaro Lt Coupe 2-door 3.6l Remote Start Leather 45th Anniversary"

http://www.2040-cars.com/Chevrolet/Camaro/2012-chevrolet-camaro-lt-coupe-2-door-3-6l-remote-start-leather-45th-anniversary-1167239/

Ignore the wheels, it's that stripe.

It looked funny. Offset. Well here it is:

All of a sudden the list of possibles narrowed dramatically. Excellent Red_Blue
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 5:50:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Can you enhance the street signs? (Interstate exit sign)

@XeonEvolved

I'll guess Jefferson County
View Quote
Can't get anything readable. May be an exit sign for I29, I20,I26. OP may be from MO, can't find any ramps that have similar signs.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 5:59:47 AM EDT
[#45]
45th Anniversary details (superfluous now that the plate & vin are known)

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269609

45th Anniversary

V6 Coupe Manual 1EH37 & MV5 & H45 269

V6 Coupe auto 1EH37 & MYB & H45 1942

V6 Convertible Manual 1EH67 & MV5 & H45 66

V6 Convertible auto 1EH67 & MYB & H45 638

V8 Coupe Manual 1ET37 &MG9 & H45 1525

V8 Coupe Auto 1ET37 & MYD & H45 2216

V8 Convertible Manual 1ET67 &MG9 & H45 524

V8 Convertible Auto 1ET67 & MYD & H45 1103

TOTAL 45th Anniversary 8,283 (5952 coupes)

Odds are there were 4 2012 45th edition Camaro coupes sold in Birmingham.

Very recognizable car. OP should take other stock pics of the car for police to recognize. They may kniw the car, but not the plate & vin. Now you can give them that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 6:01:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 6:01:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Can't get anything readable. May be an exit sign for I29, I20,I26. OP may be from MO, can't find any ramps that have similar signs.
View Quote
OP's got to spill the town, especially after Red_Blue dug up the VIN.

This place amazes me.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 6:03:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

OP's got to spill the town, especially after Red_Blue dug up the VIN.

Heck someone may CARFAX it before tomorrow.

This place amazes me.
View Quote
Semi doubletap, need sleep...
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 6:08:03 AM EDT
[#49]
In for follow up

Link Posted: 2/23/2019 6:14:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
JBD662

2012 Chevrolet Camaro LT

VIN:
2G1FC1E36C9133293

@Cingular
View Quote
VIN decoded

https://www.vindecoder.net/vin-check/2G1FC1E36C9133293

Model: Camaro
Type: Passenger Car
Make: Chevrolet
Model year: 2012
Manufacturer: General Motors
Manufactured in: Canada (North America)
Plant: Oshawa #1, Ontario
Sequential number: 133293

Body style: COUPE 2-DR
Brake - front: Disc
Brake - rear: Disc
Driveline: RWD
Engine series: V-6 3.6L
Engine type: V6, 3.6L SIDI; DOHC; VVT; ALUM; HO (LFX)
Fuel tank: 19.00 gallon / 71.9 liter
Fuel type: Gasoline
Safety restraints: Active Belts, Airbag Driver & Passenger Front (1st row) & Front Seat Side (1st Row), Roof Siide (all seating rows)
Series: LT2
Tires: 245/50R19
Trim level: Coupe 2LT
Turning Diameter: 37.70 ft / 11.5 m

2012 CHEVROLET CAMARO -
VIN 2G1FC1E36C9133293
Vehicle engine: 3.6L V6 DOHC 24V FFV    Country: CANADA
Last odometer reading: 46,355 mi    Last selling price: $17,876
Our archive contains 2 entries indicating that this vehicle was listed in classifieds.
The VIN history report includes 1 photos of the vehicle.

Total production
V6 Coupe auto 1EH37 & MYB & H45 1942
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top