Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2003 8:36:58 PM EDT
Why do these Hollywiered types come here to Arizona and act like shit?

Mister "Rhinestone Cowboy" was speeding and weaving on a city street, crashed into a car waiting at a intersection, drove off. Phoenix PD ran the plate and had officers waiting at the Biltmore Estates where he is staying. Stopped him. Failed the sobriety test, resisted arrest when they tried to cuff him. Got him down to Madison street jail, started kicking the furnature and a sheriffs deputy while they were trying to book him. After they got him calmed down and restrained he STILL manage to blow a .20 on the breath test- so he added extreme DUI to the list.

Do they think that we are a bunch of hillbillies out here that they can get their rocks off and just throw money around and get off?

Oh, and Michael Jackson is comeing here to hide at a Scottsdale resort. So all AZ residents lock up your kids.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:39:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

... He's lived here in Arizona as long as I can remember. I [i]used[/i]  to think he was OK.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:43:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I was a [s]lineman[/s] inmate for the county...
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

... He's lived here in Arizona as long as I can remember. I [i]used[/i]  to think he was OK.
View Quote

Well I havent lived in AZ that long so he probably just hadn't done anything to make my notice.

They did say something in the same report on Ch.15 that he had publicly admitted to alcohol and cocaine abuse in the 70's and 80's, but in the last few years had proclamed that he had found Christ and quit his alcohol and drug abuse with the aid of religion.

They interviewed one of the officers in on the arrest. Campbell was "obviously intoxicated" and one minute was perfectly cooperative and the next minute was screaming obscenities at the officers and flailing about. And then a minute later he would be calm again, and singing songs to himself.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 9:12:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
Sorry, but I can't help myself...

Maybe he should move to...
...Galveston?
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 9:32:12 PM EDT
[#5]
GLENN Campbell???

Isn't he a goody-two shoes???

(I don't keep up on this stuff)..
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Like father, like son-in-law...

His son-in-law was one of the two America West pilots that got caught for trying to fly drunk.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#7]
[img]http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/gifs/breaking/1124campbell25-ON.jpg[/img]

"Gentle On My Mind"...pretty soon he'll be singing "genitals in my hind"...
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:55:35 PM EDT
[#8]
By the time he got to Phoenix...The nightsticks were risin'".
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 12:58:48 AM EDT
[#9]
He needs to get slapped around by Rooster Cogburn again.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#10]
He had genitals on his mind, when he tried to kick the deputy while they were booking him.

Singer Glen Campbell Arrested on DUI Suspicion

PHOENIX (Nov. 25) - Country singer Glen Campbell spent several hours in a Maricopa County jail cell Monday evening on drunken driving, hit and run, and assault charges, after a series of incidents police say started with a minor car wreck near his Phoenix home.

Campbell finally went home after a magistrate set a $2,000 bond early Tuesday.

Police said Campbell's mood swung from combative to congenial and back to combative, including a kicking assault on a sergeant and a short jailhouse concert.

It began around 5 p.m. local time when a silver BMW crashed into a white Toyota Camry while making a turn at a Phoenix intersection, according to Phoenix Police Sgt. Randy Force. No one was hurt in the two-car collision, Force said.

A witness followed the BMW when it kept going, finally turning into the Biltmore Estates neighborhood where it was parked at Campbell's home, Force said. Police -- alerted when the witness called them on a cellphone -- knocked on Campbell's door, he said.

Police arrested Campbell on suspicion of DUI because of his "demeanor and appearance, including a strong odor of intoxicating beverages on his breath," Force said.

Campbell became combative as police placed him in a patrol car, striking at the car door, Force said.

At the jail, he used his knee to kick the upper right thigh of a police sergeant, Force said.

"It could have been a lot worse if the sergeant hadn't turned because the target was not the right thigh," Force said.

"He would go from combative to congenial," Force said.

When his mood swung to the friendly side, Campbell would sing, he said. When it swung the other direction, he began kicking the holding cell door and cursing jailers, Force said.

One of the charges is for extreme drunken driving, which is applied when a driver has a blood alcohol content measured over 0.15. The legal limit in Arizona is 0.08.

© 2003 Cable News Network LP, LLLP. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Res
View Quote

The good thing is that he didn't hurt the normal citizens who were in that white Toyota that he ran his bimmer into.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#11]
glenn campbell has always been a prick, no surprise here
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:59:55 AM EDT
[#12]
His picture looked about as good as Nick Nolte when they brought him in.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#13]
[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/cpress/20031125/lthumb.e112511a.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:04:21 AM EDT
[#14]
[img]http://www.talkntalent.com/images/NickNolte.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:07:47 AM EDT
[#15]
[img]http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/wynonnajudd1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:18:10 AM EDT
[#16]
* projectile vomiting *

Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:26:57 AM EDT
[#17]
He can't be too smart, he has his cap on backwards.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 1:42:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Well I havent lived in AZ that long so he probably just hadn't done anything to make my notice.

They did say something in the same report on Ch.15 that he had publicly admitted to alcohol and cocaine abuse in the 70's and 80's, but in the last few years had proclamed that he had found Christ and quit his alcohol and drug abuse with the aid of religion.

They interviewed one of the officers in on the arrest. Campbell was "obviously intoxicated" and one minute was perfectly cooperative and the next minute was screaming obscenities at the officers and flailing about. And then a minute later he would be calm again, and singing songs to himself.
View Quote

Booze, what a wonderful thing. [rolleyes]
AB
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
GLENN Campbell???

Isn't he a goody-two shoes???

(I don't keep up on this stuff)..
View Quote

Nope, Back in the '70's he left his wife for Tanya Tucker, then got in trouble fro whatever they called Domestic Violence back then, slapped her around a little.  More than once.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 1:52:09 PM EDT
[#20]
"Like a rhineston[b]ed[/b] cowboy...tossin' salad and blown, by people I don't even know...guess they'll see me after the show..."[LOL]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 1:57:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Well boys, that just goes to show you...

Money don't make you happy.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
"Like a rhineston[b]ed[/b] cowboy...tossin' salad and blown, by people I don't even know...guess they'll see me after the show..."[LOL]
View Quote

Good one [:D]
I was thinking Like a Winestone cowboy ............
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 2:12:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Friends-----close your eyes and pretend he is a black (minority) basketball, football, baseball player.  No Problem!  Right???  He had a bad childhood but rose above it all and became a star player in "the sports".  He just happened to have a bad evening (morning).  Close your eyes again and think of him as being a homosexual (who just happened to be BORN that way).  See how easy this is????  See how easy it is to give him some slack when you don't think of him as a heterosexual white guy.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 2:23:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't care who he is.......

how much money he has or does not have.....

and least of all what color his skin is......

he was "extremely" drunk while driving a car on the public roads..........

he took other peoples lives in his hands.....

LOCK HIM UP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top