Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2005 8:18:49 AM EDT
My friends GF has been living with us since september, and she has begun to wear on him. It is nothing major, but enough to where he does not exactly want to keep her around. They have been together on and off for three years, so there are a lot of common friends there.

She has a pretty crappy job, but a college degree which is really bothering him. She complains constantly, but does not use her skills to find better employment. Since she is poor she would have no where to go except mabey her dads, but my friend is in pretty good with him, so he does not want to off load her on him.

How can he get her to leave without looking like a complete jerk to both families and friends?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Tell her the story of the two(2) angels.  

2 angels sent to earth to be good samaritans.  People do not know they are angels, just good samaritans.  At the end of a long day helping people, they go to a rich guys estate and ask for sanctuary.  Large estate, many unused bedrooms, staff, servants.   The rich guy says no problem, lets them in.   Does he take them to a nice room ? No.  He takes them to the servants cottage where there is a basement underneath.   Cold and dark, there is 2 old matresses on the concrete floor.   He tells them they can spend the night there and leaves.  The angels thank him.

The senior of the 2 angels finds a crack in the wall and follows it around the corner of the basement until he finds a crate, moves the crate and finds a hole in the wall.   He also finds some plaster and paint and fixes the hole and crack, better than anyone could imagine.  So good, in fact, you can't see where the crack and hole were.   In the morning they leave.

At the end of the next day the end up at a poor farmers house.   Husband, wife, 2 kids.   Small house, a barn, and a cow.   The cow is their main sustinence.  Milk, cheese, butter.   otherwise they are poor.   They ask for santuary and the gracious couple offer their bed to them.  The angels protest, but the couple tell them it's ok, when company or other family come over they give them their bed then too, and sleep in the barn with the cow.   No problems, they have done it many times.  

The angels get a really good sleep that night, much better than at the rich guys house.  When they get up in the morning the family cow is dead.   The junior angel is angry.  He asks the senior angel why, when the rich guy treats us badly, you fix his basement, these people treat us like family, like "Kings" and you let the "Angel of Death" take their cow.   They need that cow.   Why ?

The senior angel says it is simple, NOTHING IS EVER AS IT SEEMS.

The junior angel is now confused.

The senior angel explains:  When we were at the rich guys house, what I did not tell you was that in the hole in the wall was all of the rich guys stocks, bonds, annuities, gold, and silver.   I patched that hole so well, he will never find it again.

When the "Angel of Death" came last night, he came for the wife.   I gave him the cow, nothing is ever at it seems.

Tell your girlfriend nothing  is ever that it seems and things will work out.

FWIW

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:23:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Say...."It is not working."

He WILL look like a jerk to someone, so what the hell, just tell her it is over and she has to go.

Honesty is the best policy.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:23:48 AM EDT
[#3]
find some one to alure her away!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:26:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How can he get her to leave without looking like a complete jerk to both families and friends?

He needs to grow a pair and stop worrying what other people think.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#5]
What does she have a degree in?

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:29:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What does she have a degree in?

I believe some sort of marketing/english degree. I dont think that there is too much she could do with it, but  it is better than being treated like crap at an entry level job in a pharmacy.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:29:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Jack Tripper would know what to do.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:29:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:34:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
home.comcast.net/~theliberatingone/beabadmofo.wmv

Well that would get rid of her alright.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:36:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
home.comcast.net/~theliberatingone/beabadmofo.wmv

Well that would get rid of her alright.

Sorry man... It's a really tough situation.  I really don't know what to say.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:42:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Its impossible to break up with a girl without at least her and her good friends thinking that the guy is jerk. Thats just part of life.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:43:16 AM EDT
[#12]
only one thing you can do,  do her like she needs to be done and then tell her if she doesn't leave your telling your buddy what she "tried" to do.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:56:10 AM EDT
[#13]
sex her up, blow the babby batter on her back and tell her to get the @#$@%% out.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:09:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
sex her up, blow the babby batter on her back and tell her to get the @#$@%% out.

Oh, I am about sure that is how it will go down in the end, but I was willing to give the all knowing AR15.com crew a chance to show off what they have got.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top