Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2006 8:09:00 AM EDT
I didn't use the tracking till just a while ago and it says "Left at front door. Signature Service not requested." aug 18 but there's not any 19 pound box anywhere to be seen. wtf? Do they deliver things to the wrong house a lot? Some pos steal it off the porch in broad daylight?
I haven't phone fedex for the run around yet, I'm to ticked about it to talk to these people, so 1st order of business is to complain on arfcom.  

Link Posted: 8/19/2006 8:10:42 AM EDT
[#1]
If I had my camera with me, I would take a pic of mine and claim I found it on the porch yesterday.

Link Posted: 8/19/2006 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe it fell off the porch into the bushes
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 8:11:25 AM EDT
[#3]
It must be so good that you can't see it.  Wow, now that's some good stuf.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 8:11:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

lol....yeah maybe you just can't see it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 8:12:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Look harder.

Do you have access to thermal imaging equipment?
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 8:12:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I was thinking, did you have any problems mowing the lawn yesterday?
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I had thoughts sort of like all of the above, but, it's only a kit and it's boxed.
Probably sitting on some old lady's porch and she's not gonna check the label, just assume it's hers and knit a sweater for her lap dog with it or something.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 8:53:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Maybe a boating accident?
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#9]
"this was no boating accident!"
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Maybe a Scot took it and he is hiding before your very eyes.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:09:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Let me get this right.  You bought and paid for a guille suit?  Isn't that a suit of leaves and what not?  Correct me if I'm wrong.  Don't you guys know what needle and thread are for?  Sew up some simple seams in burlap, raid your yard for leaves.  Done!
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Let me get this right.  You bought and paid for a guille suit?  Isn't that a suit of leaves and what not?  Correct me if I'm wrong.  Don't you guys know what needle and thread are for?  Sew up some simple seams in burlap, raid your yard for leaves.  Done!

Talk like that will get ya hired.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe I should start a business of making them...

Eta: It weighed 19 lbs......  Just how much did you spend!  Geez, burlap costs maybe 2 bucks  a yard....
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:15:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Check with your neighbors, sometimes they will leave it with them.....
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:32:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Driver said it was left here, of course he would say that since we're talking about the concept of the wrong house.

As for the suits we're supposed to make them for training, and buying the jute is easier than starting with burlap, and I bought a lot of extra for 2 suits,  woodland and desert, and gonna make some other nettings like for rifle. ect.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:39:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Leave it to FED-EX to totally &^*& up on shipping something to you.. I could probably sit here for an hour telling you about my problems with FED-EX. The last 2 times I've ordered stuff, the company I dealt with sent my package out on time, but they sent it by FED-EX and it was SEVERAL days late. It never fails. I ordered a computer case from california once, it came FED-EX (express service) and it was OVER 5 DAMN DAYS LATE !!! Their (fedex's) website predicted that the case should be here on a wednesday... Well, wednesday came and went, nothing, thursday, same stuff, friday... nope... saturday/sunday.....sorry... I got the case I believe it was the following tuesday. To the best of my opinion, your ghillie suit is lost in the fedex system.. And I'm sorry to say it, but calling fedex is like talking to a wall.. They will "track" your package and say, hmmm, the fedex hub that your package was last at is closed right now, but we'll "track" your package for you and contact you in 24-48 hours .  I HATE fedex personally..  
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#17]
that's what they said, someone should contact me within 48 hours, but said more likely wed., go figure. I suspect fedex not burgalars. ....
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eta: It weighed 19 lbs......  Just how much did you spend!  Geez, burlap costs maybe 2 bucks  a yard....

I don't remember......but mine is not strips of burlap.

It is single strands of material.

I sure it was at least $100
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:59:23 AM EDT
[#19]
They are hard to see unless they move.

Look again.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 10:09:47 AM EDT
[#20]
just out of curiosity, why a ghillie suit? predator hunting?
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
They are hard to see unless they move.

Look again.

Link Posted: 8/19/2006 10:22:50 AM EDT
[#23]
atleast it's not UPS leaving live ammo in your driveway or on your porch for your 4 year old to open the door and find
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 11:02:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Stupid as it sounds I have looked again, a few times, as if a box will suddenly appear here or there or around the corner, big porch, wraps around.
This is the best ghillie suit material ever!

jmt, it's for the national guard. The platoon sgt. says it's tradition to make your own and everyone else already has 1, I'm a few months behind. We can wear whatever uniforms in the field also, the platoon sgt. wears german flectar, and I ordered a multicam uniform set and ya know what it's late gettin here to. It should have been here this week, but never had a tracking #, different company.
This is good camo I ordered. The best.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't remember......but mine is not strips of burlap.

It is single strands of material.

I sure it was at least $100

I think that's the jute. Supposed to be good stuff, I'm gonna try one for bowhunting this year.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Fedex delievered it to the wrong house 4 houses down. The guy dropped by tues, after i request an inquiry on sat..
The worst thing is whoever lives at that house didn't bother to at least phone and tell me to go get it, they hadn't even phoned fedex, instead they stuck it inside their door and went out of town or something. It's sittin right inside, you can see it and read the label through the glass doors.
I know it isn't their responsibility to correct fedex problems or deliever my packages, but they shouldn't have locked it in their darned house knowing they were going away for days either. Heck they could be gone another week or 2. They should have either done someting with it or left it on their porch. It's not a real problem, but it's frustrating in principal.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
atleast it's not UPS leaving live ammo in your driveway or on your porch for your 4 year old to open the door and find

Or worse yet a box full of hot spicy jalapeno and habanero kettle chips!! A whole box of them!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Yah Fed-Ex had to RE-buy some AK47 parts that were either lost or destroyed or stolen during shipping...................it never made it to my door
at least they got me new shit................still took what felt like a month to get every thing streight.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Fedex delievered it to the wrong house 4 houses down. The guy dropped by tues, after i request an inquiry on sat..
The worst thing is whoever lives at that house didn't bother to at least phone and tell me to go get it, they hadn't even phoned fedex, instead they stuck it inside their door and went out of town or something. It's sittin right inside, you can see it and read the label through the glass doors.
I know it isn't their responsibility to correct fedex problems or deliever my packages, but they shouldn't have locked it in their darned house knowing they were going away for days either. Heck they could be gone another week or 2. They should have either done someting with it or left it on their porch. It's not a real problem, but it's frustrating in principal.

Maybe they aren't planning on telling you. You should draw down on them.

Glad you found it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
jmt, it's for the national guard. ... We can wear whatever uniforms in the field also, the platoon sgt. wears german flectar, and I ordered a multicam uniform

something is wrong here.  there is no NG unit in the nation that will allow you to wear german flectar, unless you are opfor maybe at NTC or something like that...

Please give us more information such as the WV unit that allows such conduct.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm with FordGuy.  Who is allowing you to wear whatever you feel like?  
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I think they're honest, who knows maybe they did phone or something.

As far as the unit it's a cav scout unit in va., but put it this way, they let us use whatever fatigues as a base for the ghillie suits construction, they aren't full suits either
but just covering the back and some of the sides on the arms and legs, it's not as if those are worn as uniforms.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:18:38 PM EDT
[#33]
That sucks, but I've been TDY for a month, and the freaking post orifice managed to "lose" (throw away) all my mail.  I have no idea what bills were in there, just a bunch of phone calls to make to find out.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top