Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2002 12:06:05 AM EDT
I'm having a little trouble getting my W2 forum from the place where I work. I was laid of for about 7 months then taken back to work for them .

At this time they sent my W2 to my old address because they did not write down my new address I give them. Now when I was hired back I told the guy I needed my W2 forums and he told me that he would get them for me. Now about 3 weeks later when I ask about them he said I never told him about it. I'm not willing to go to jail over this can anyone help me on what to do or how to call thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 12:39:16 AM EDT
[#1]
You could file for an extension and yell at the guy some more.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 12:41:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe you can call the IRS and get an extension.

If you find that the IRS owes you money then I don't think you have anything to worry about. They aren't in any hurry to return money to you.

BTW you should also put your request for duplicate W2's in writing. "Carbon copy" (cc) them to other persons in management so there is a record of the request. Make it clear that you had given them your new address.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top