Quoted:
It absolutely is a cult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUxQ4NXn_YI

View Quote
OMG A Ukrainian reporter wanted to hug the Ukrainian president

CULT!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/17/2023 10:49:28 AM EDT
[#3]
The ability of Russia to pivot this entire thing to be about Zelensky is amazing. Almost as amazing as the people who slurp it up.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 12:46:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

CULT!!!!!!!!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It absolutely is a cult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUxQ4NXn_YI

CULT!!!!!!!!

Do you have an example of a member of the media asking anyone else this question?  it must be a common thing, right?

Link Posted: 2/17/2023 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
…and the push continues…

View Quote

And?

Russia keeps invading. Treaties are worthless. They ignore them too.

Joining nato is the only way to make that happen
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The drop in the bucket (relatively speaking) that is Ukraine is relatively meaningless (and more productive) than a lot of other things.  Why not complain about them (somewhere other than an Ukraine thread)?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not? I mean, I notice you don't deny the assertation, just that you say only a "useful idiot" would conflate the two.

However, one is a significant and immediate threat to me, and one is a threat to me in a much more separated fashion.

Americans are killed by illegal immigrants, every day. Drugs smuggled across the border kill Americans, every day. Human trafficking occurs across that border, every day. Our open border policies create instability in Mexico, every day. This isn't speculative. This isn't the Russians advancing to Moldova or Miami, as two posters in GD have speculated.

Yet, here we are. Its legal for a illegal alien to travel by aircraft in the US without an ID, but not a US citizen.

This is what's called "thread sliding".  

Illegal aliens in the US and anything going on in Ukraine are totally different issues.  There is only one kind of person I've seen here that tries to put those two things together.

You want to talk about illegal aliens (a legit concern), go to another thread.

The fedgov cares about the UKR border but not our own. That is a legit point.

Completely separate and unrelated issues.  I doubt anyone here doesn’t want to fix the US border, but start another thread if you want to talk about that.

It's the same cash either way. Very related. Intimately related.

The drop in the bucket (relatively speaking) that is Ukraine is relatively meaningless (and more productive) than a lot of other things.  Why not complain about them (somewhere other than an Ukraine thread)?

Make an anti-ukraine thread that is not a Ukraine thread?
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The ability of Russia to pivot this entire thing to be about Zelensky is amazing. Almost as amazing as the people who slurp it up.
View Quote

Russia’s fault.  LoL

Link Posted: 2/17/2023 1:13:50 PM EDT
[#8]

A world leader meets with world leaders about an armed attack by a foreign power against his country and you think it's about the one world leader rather than the foreign army because of photos of the meetings.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 1:15:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

A world leader meets with world leaders about an armed attack by a foreign power against his country and you think it's about the one world leader rather than the foreign army because of photos of the meetings.  
View Quote

There is no way to connect any of these disjointed thoughts into something coherent. It's a mind blowing obsession.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
…and the push continues…

And?

I’ll mark you down as a card-carrying member of the Push Coalition (not to be confused with that group headed by Jessie Jackson).

I’m confident you guys will eventually make it official, although it pretty much already is, de facto.

Link Posted: 2/17/2023 1:17:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There is no way to connect any of these disjointed thoughts into something coherent. It's a mind blowing obsession.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's just what a cult member would say.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I’ll mark you down as a card-carrying member of the Push Coalition (not to be confused with that group headed by Jessie Jackson).

I’m confident you guys will eventually make it official, although it pretty much already is, de facto.
View Quote

I'm confident too.  Like you just said though, eventually and not for a while.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

So, it’s not Russia’s fault?

Link Posted: 2/17/2023 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's just what a cult member would say.  
View Quote

There is definitely a cult of some type, it's just not what people are being accused of. Again, the obsession with a single individual. Weird. Wonder if they dream about him?
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's Russia's fault is without question.

However, the matter that is getting support is Ukraine's fight for continuing independence against an armed attacker.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

However, the matter that is getting support is Ukraine's fight for continuing independence against an armed attacker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reagan promised Gorbachev that Nato would not move 1 inch east if he brought down the wall.  We broke our promise.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Reagan promised Gorbachev that Nato would not move 1 inch east if he brought down the wall.  We broke our promise.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Russia broke their promise when Ukraine gave up their nukes.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

As is the mirror image of that thought?
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm sure such an important "promise" like that would have been signed by both parties, like important promises that were signed such as recognizing and respecting Ukraines border.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm sure such an important "promise" like that would have been signed by both parties, like important promises that were signed such as recognizing and respecting Ukraines border.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is exactly why America is and has been hated by many other countries.  A Republican President implements foreign policy, then a Democrat President comes in and not only undoes what the Republican president did, but effectively screws over our traditional allies and cozy's up to our enemies.

You’re not going to see true cooperation between the two parties on foreign policy.  I don’t care how many times your side claims bipartisan support for Ukraine, a few minority Republicans voting with the majority Democrats ain’t bipartisanship as the Republicans now taking the House will clearly show.

Link Posted: 2/18/2023 1:11:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Was it signed in a treaty?

Link Posted: 2/18/2023 1:43:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This is exactly why America is and has been hated by many other countries.  A Republican President implements foreign policy, then a Democrat President comes in and not only undoes what the Republican president did, but effectively screws over our traditional allies and cozy's up to our enemies.

You’re not going to see true cooperation between the two parties on foreign policy.  I don’t care how many times your side claims bipartisan support for Ukraine, a few minority Republicans voting with the majority Democrats ain’t bipartisanship as the Republicans now taking the House will clearly show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  Why can't we be more like Russia where one person has been running the country for a couple of decades and maintains a consistent policy (of invading its neighbors).
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 2:21:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

What is the mirror image? I haven't been recording data, but when the word "Zelensky" is written on this forum it is almost universally by those claiming he has a cult following and espousing the propaganda about F1 frags being chemical weapons, the Kyiv "feint" etc. It is a weird obsession.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 2:35:26 AM EDT
[#24]
George Washington talked In his farewell address about America not being involved in Europe's wars or troubles

I think he was on to something.

Fuck Europe fuck Ukraine fuck Russia.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm no Ukraine bro, but we did say that we would guarantee security assistance when they gave up their nukes. I don't think Russia ever thought that we would actually abide by that agreement, and we probably never thought we would have to at that time. Like it or not, we are for once standing by something we said we would do. I'm just not convinced that it isn't for ulterior reasons.

In hindsight, the smarter thing to do probably would have been to push for Ukraine to retain a small nuclear armament as a deterrent, but the anti nuke movement was in full swing at the time.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What is the mirror image? I haven't been recording data, but when the word "Zelensky" is written on this forum it is almost universally by those claiming he has a cult following and espousing the propaganda about F1 frags being chemical weapons, the Kyiv "feint" etc. It is a weird obsession.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because he's a direct target of Russian psyops and the low intelligence crowd (aka useful idiots) plays into it. His election upset the Russian plans to surreptitiously turn Ukraine into a client state by taking over the government with their puppets so, ergo like Trump upsetting the establishment applecart by being elected here, he must be destroyed by any means necessary. And some here are more than happy to help them.

(Side note: Despite upsetting the status quo, I still think a lot of Trumps domestic policies like spending and gun rights downright sucked and were big government solutions rather than limited government but, he did upset the party status quo on both sides of the aisle. What's kind of funny is if the parties' establishment crowds had actually tried to stay on his good side and inflated his ego instead of getting big mad and going on the warpath, they probably could have manipulated him into doing a lot more of what they wanted. That's the type of personality he is.)
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm watching this Frontline special on Vlad. Two things stick out at me. One, George W. Bush was the first one to suggest Ukraine join NATO, and that really pissed off Putin. And two, this thing between Biden and Putin is personal. They both hate each other, and I doubt either will back down.
Putin has been in power through 6 US Presidents. Biden is the only one to directly supply the enemies of Russia with arms.  Biden wanted to give Ukraine Javelins in 2014, Obama chose sanctions. This is eye opening.
No, I don't suddenly love Biden, or war. But, it's helping explain how much of a pain in the ass Pooty has been for years.
View Quote

Yes. The best argument that the Ukebros have in this particular thread is that we've declared NATO membership for Ukraine as a shall statement since 2008.

Link Posted: 2/18/2023 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Or option C - cut other wasteful spending, and then both justified causes of closing the border and arming UA are not debt added actions.

There is hundreds of billions that deserves to be cut elsewhere, first.
View Quote

We would just be switching US welfare for Ukrainian welfare.

We've bought the biggest pig in a poke in the lifetimes of everyone reading this. The ROI for American security is nebulous, the timeline uncertain but in no realistic case less than a decade (and based on similar cases, likely indefinite.)

I'd like to see your math that suggests even 25% of the US feels so strongly about Ukraine as to give up their piece of government cheese.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Totally the same thing as a country sending hundreds of thousands of soldiers into another country for the purpose of genocide and conquest.

You folks aren’t even trying to be coherent anymore.
View Quote

Not every Genocide or conquest is a core US security problem.

We couldn't use the tools of national power to stop that in Libya, so excuse my suspension of disbelief that we are going to accomplish the that in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

India has been bought and paid for by Russia for a long time.
View Quote

While India is one of the few nations to give Mexico and Ukraine a run in the official corruption Olympics, their actions are wildly realist.

Our appeals to them since Bush on global governance grounds have been naive in the extreme.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

We didn't. And it was SECSTATE Baker to the then Russian FM, the name escapes me.

That we misled and leveraged the Russians to leave their conquests in Eastern Europe is pretty much public record, and who gives a fuck? The Soviets took that at bayonet point after lying their asses off at Yalta and Potsdam. So no fucks are given by Russian cries that we somehow violated some solemn gentleman's agreement. The Russians aren't gentlemen.

Link Posted: 2/18/2023 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm no Ukraine bro, but we did say that we would guarantee security assistance when they gave up their nukes. I don't think Russia ever thought that we would actually abide by that agreement, and we probably never thought we would have to at that time. Like it or not, we are for once standing by something we said we would do. I'm just not convinced that it isn't for ulterior reasons.

In hindsight, the smarter thing to do probably would have been to push for Ukraine to retain a small nuclear armament as a deterrent, but the anti nuke movement was in full swing at the time.
View Quote

I think the Global Zero type morons had a big say...but there are two facts to remember...Kuchma and the others all agreed that the weapons would be Russian at Minsk...I don't know if that was one of those things that everybody agreed to since they had a vision of a post Soviet CIS that was far more centralized than the basic anarchy that ensued...

And even when it was mooted in big kid security discussions the reality was that the Ukrainians were so corrupt and ineffectual that they represented more of a diversion risk than what the security the weapons would have provided. Legally, we would have likely been in violation of the NPT if we had demanded it or allowed it unilaterally.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 1:43:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

We couldn't use the tools of national power to stop that in Libya, so excuse my suspension of disbelief that we are going to accomplish the that in Ukraine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Why is Nato and every eastern member so concerned about it ?

If it concerns our allies it also concerns us.

Maybe you're the person to walk past a person shouting for help in a fire. I'm not.

And when we can destroy an adversary, absolutely. That's a Trump level deal.

Quoted:
George Washington talked In his farewell address about America not being involved in Europe's wars or troubles

The founders had no problem going to Europe to beg for help.

Link Posted: 2/20/2023 3:49:43 AM EDT
[#34]
After we achieved independence from Europe,

They lied about Korea. They lied about Vietnam they lied about iraq andl and about Afghanistan, and now they are lying about Ukraine

Join Biden, and the our political love Ukraine, fuck the Ukraine and to hell with our government.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Maybe you're the person to walk past a person shouting for help in a fire. I'm not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

1) if you want a strong NATO, letting Russia succeed actual would provide long-term impetus for the Euros to rearm, a Ukrainian victory will only provide a short-term impetus and most nations will go back to their prewar norms in 1-2 election cycles

2) France’s aid to the US was one of the causes of the French Revolution resulting in the fall of the Government and several decades of chaos.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 6:49:38 PM EDT
[#36]
De facto member…

Link Posted: 2/21/2023 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

And another
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 7:10:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

De facto member…

View Quote

That speech was given in Poland, to polish people, and was about Nato/Poland, which Ukraine is not a member of. But let’s take it out of context for fun
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That speech was given in Poland, to polish people, and was about Nato/Poland, which Ukraine is not a member of. But let’s take it out of context for fun
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

De facto member…

Shhh… he’s going to piss himself in terror any moment now…
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

De facto member…

It does go far to explain the many NATO combat battalions in front line operations.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

De facto member…

I’m well aware of the location of the speech as well as the context of the statement.  Are you aware of what flags were on display during the speech as well as the overall context of the speech?

Let’s not zero in on a few sentences of a speech to pretend we know the full context of that speech as well as the intended purpose of the trip to Ukraine and Poland.

Link Posted: 2/21/2023 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The main flaw with Tucker, is that he is willing to shut down his investigative instincts and critical thinking, if the story tickles his confirmation bias.

It’s a shame, because when he uses his talents, he’s good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is absolutely disgusting how many people on this forum are Putin-fluffers.  They mindlessly parrot Kremlin talking points.

While they should know better, I have to place part of the blame on that shit-stain, Tucker Carlson;  the sooner Carlson goes back to his old job at CNN, the better.

I find it fascinating that so many "conservatives" are all of sudden angry at Tucker.

Right or wrong, Tucker was and is asking the correct questions for any mammoth intervention of US treasury. Especially at a time when the Administrations actions in one sphere (Ukraine's pre war borders should be respected and are inviolable) aren't exactly in step with Administration actions in other spheres, like our border.

Right or wrong, US material and resources are being shoveling into the Ukraine project, with limited oversight, a pretty limited debate on our ends, or if our ways and means can get there. This Administration was the continuation of the last Administration that green-lit the previous Russian aggression with nary a word of response. Now, all of sudden, we've 180'd that policy, with no explanation at all.

FDR was smart enough to explain Lend Lease.

The main flaw with Tucker, is that he is willing to shut down his investigative instincts and critical thinking, if the story tickles his confirmation bias.

That, and his permanently confused look.  It’s hard for me to get past that.  He’s trying really hard to look thoughtful, but he just looks dumbfounded.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is absolutely disgusting how many people on this forum are Putin-fluffers.  They mindlessly parrot Kremlin talking points.

While they should know better, I have to place part of the blame on that shit-stain, Tucker Carlson;  the sooner Carlson goes back to his old job at CNN, the better.

I find it fascinating that so many "conservatives" are all of sudden angry at Tucker.

Right or wrong, Tucker was and is asking the correct questions for any mammoth intervention of US treasury. Especially at a time when the Administrations actions in one sphere (Ukraine's pre war borders should be respected and are inviolable) aren't exactly in step with Administration actions in other spheres, like our border.

Right or wrong, US material and resources are being shoveling into the Ukraine project, with limited oversight, a pretty limited debate on our ends, or if our ways and means can get there. This Administration was the continuation of the last Administration that green-lit the previous Russian aggression with nary a word of response. Now, all of sudden, we've 180'd that policy, with no explanation at all.

FDR was smart enough to explain Lend Lease.

Well, in the absence of any other option, he is both flawed and indispensable, and attempts to discredit him tell me more about the person attempting to discredit and their intentions than Tucker.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 7:29:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That, and his permanently confused look.  It’s hard for me to get past that.  He’s trying really hard to look thoughtful, but he just looks dumbfounded.
View Quote

You know, compared to the gravitas of say, the Vice President.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One is second in command of the country, the other is a talking head on TV…

People draw the strangest equivalencies these days.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

One is second in command of the country, the other is a talking head on TV…

People draw the strangest equivalencies these days.
View Quote

...like that Ukriane is somehow equivalent to any one of the many problems facing the US.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Let’s not zero in on a few sentences of a speech to pretend we know the full context of that speech as well as the intended purpose of the trip to Ukraine and Poland.

View Quote

Didn't you post those few sentences to make a statement?
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Or you could just truthfully hold him accountable when he errs.

I give him credit when he’s right, and I criticize him when he’s wrong.

Try it.  It feels normal.
View Quote

Says the guy parroting the State Department. Appreciate your concern.
Page / 33
Top Top