Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2003 12:03:34 PM EDT
Looking for a new one,
I am leaning towards a Huskavarna, but sheesh, $285 OUCH...... found a Poulin Pro, but it is very heavy..

This wil be my 4th, and when I add up the $$$$ I have allready spent around $200 on the last 3, so my thinking just go ahead and spend the bucks on one......

Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy one that uses a Zehoha.  This is the same motor that they use for R/C cars, boats,planes and the GoPed.  By far the best 23cc money can buy.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:42:17 PM EDT
[#2]
23cc???

reverse those numbers!

buy no less than a 32cc machine. the bigger, the better.

.095"-.105" line as a minimum. the heavier the line the longer it lasts and bigger trash it knocks down.

don't worry too much about the weight. like a rifle and it's sling, a good padded harness distributes the weight comfortably.

my favs are sthil, echo and the old mcchullochs.

buy a straight shaft, with a driveshaft in the tube (not a flexible drive shaft). find one with grease fittings/ports.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:49:34 PM EDT
[#3]

I threw a straight shaft Still in a camp fire. Could never keep that POS running after it got hot. It went back to the dealer until he got sick of seeing me.

Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a WeedEater FeatherLite.
Real light weight [:D] starts easy, cost about $40.
Bought it about 5 years ago.
Real happy with it.

Had a big heavy Echo about 10 years ago. I like this WeedEater better.  [):)]

ED
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top