[#1]
Tomb Raider
And I think a Vin Diesel made the cut.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Tomb Raider
And I think a Vin Diesel made the cut.

Yeah, I didn' want to go too far back. I figured ones that haven't been released. Otherwise I'd have been up all night pulling down links off IMDb.

That list alone is enough to show that Hollyweird seems to have found a new source to fuel their lack of creativity.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:14:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Deus Ex had a great concept, I would like to see that movie.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Deus Ex had a great concept, I would like to see that movie.

I'm sure it's gotta be better than Super Mario Brothers.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:28:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Halo (2007)

I liked this one better the first time, when
it was called Red vs. Blue.

R.Lee for Sarge  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Halo (2007)

I liked this one better the first time, when
it was called Red vs. Blue.

R.Lee for Sarge  

Awww, looks like they're just retelling the story from the game.  What would be cool is if they made a prequel movie. One about the stuff that went on before the first game.  There's a book about it, and it's sounds quite interesting.  Probably would make for a good movie.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:01:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Not sure how many of these (that haven't already) will ever actually make it to the theaters, but I thought it was interesting.

Alone in the Dark (2005)
Bloodrayne (2005)
Crazy Taxi (2005)  WTF?
Doom (2005)
Mortal Kombat: Devastation (2005)

Carmen Sandiego (2006)  Like the PBS series?
Deus Ex (2006)
DOA: Dead or Alive (2006)  The only thing the game had going for it was the topheavy fighters.  Zero plot.
Driver (2006)  I already saw The Transporter, thanks.
Dungeon Siege (2006)
Far Cry (2006)
Fear Effect (2006)
Hunter: The Reckoning (2006)
Metroid (2006)
Resident Evil: Afterlife (2006)
Silent Hill (2006)
Splinter Cell (2006)
Spy Hunter (2006)
Tekken (2006)

Halo (2007)

Do any Hollywood writers have two brain cells left to rub together, or is it all the fault of the execs who green light this crap?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Wasn't this an old PC game back before there were actually aimated graphics. Kind of like a D&D type computer game where it was more text command based?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:33:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't this an old PC game back before there were actually aimated graphics. Kind of like a D&D type computer game where it was more text command based?

If I remember correctly it gave you options on where to go to find some thief that stole the Statue of Liberty (or other equally ridiculious items).  It was an early example of learning hidden inside a game.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:46:14 AM EDT
[#10]
On this subject, did anybody else like the first Resident Evil movie but find the sequel really disappointing?

(Qualifier - I've never played the game in any form, so I'm just talking about from a movie-watcher's perspective. )
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:06:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
On this subject, did anybody else like the first Resident Evil movie but find the sequel really disappointing?

(Qualifier - I've never played the game in any form, so I'm just talking about from a movie-watcher's perspective. )

I wasn't really expecting the first movie to be anything like the game. I loved the game... intense to say the least.

I like the first movie a lot. Good soundtrack. Good display of guns. Cool tech. Could have been wayyyy more gore in it for a zombie movie. I liked the tie in to the second movie. Was really lookin forward to the sequel... until I saw it.

What a let down that was. It had some good qualities, but for some reason it just left me feeling cheater.

For one the Umbrella STARS agents were tactically retarded. Engaging te zombies in the middle of a street... and IIRC a four way intersection. They could have done a lot more damage from the roof and had little to no casualties.

Giving Milla super powers was kinda lame, but cool at the same time.

Nemesis was stupid. Just looked like a big piece of latex. Some thigns just don't transfer well from PC to film. That was one of them.

The ended was kind of cool with her "Scanner" powers.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#12]
spy hunter?
WTF?
the original is a fun game, but there's nothing to make a movie with
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd like to see a movie based on the "Need For Speed" games. It should have a killer soundtrack!
Brooke Burke could star!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:26:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Went and saw Stealth tonight, and one of the previews was for Doom, and I have to say, it definitely looked pretty cool.  As a big fan of the old school Doom, I'm definitely gonna catch this one in the theatre.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
As a big fan of the old school Doom

really?

was stealth worth the cost of a matinee ticket?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:39:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Deus Ex has the potential to be an awesome movie. They'll probably make it suck though. The sequel sucked big time.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:55:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I really, really REALLY hope they do a good job with Splinter Cell.  I'm already pissed about Halo though, because you just can't make a movie of Halo.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:59:32 AM EDT
[#18]
What about Wing Commander?

Ms. Pac Man's Adventure was a real edge-of-the-seat flick, lemme tell ya...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

images.google.com/images?q=tbn:_WM4r8BbbNoJ:www.tnmc.org/posters/wingcommander.jpg

although it had problems, like Kilrathi that didn't look like humanoid cats, I liked WC
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:54:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I'd like to see a movie based on the "Need For Speed" games. It should have a killer soundtrack!
Brooke Burke could star!

Already done to death as The Fast and the Furious, 2 Fast & 2 Furious, Torque, etc. Need For Speed Underground 2 was lots of fun but the "story" elements were ridiculous and had no bearing on the game whatsoever; just a lot  of pseudo-tough talk by lame stereotypes but no actual personalities in the other racers.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:01:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

images.google.com/images?q=tbn:_WM4r8BbbNoJ:www.tnmc.org/posters/wingcommander.jpg

Wing Commander the movie was a turd and a half.  Take a game with some of the coolest space fighters ever drawn up then change it so the good guys are driving old WW2 Japanese fighters.

That movie should be shown to every game copywrite owner that is thinking of liscensing its franchise to Hollywood.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Games to movies could work if they would hook a game liscense up with a good director and writing team. I bet James Cameron or Peter Jackson could make a good movie out of most popular games liscense, but I have to say this german guy, Uwe Boll, needs to get the fuck out of the movie buisiness. Look at that list of games being made into movies and look how many of them he is making, they will all be complete pieces of shit just like the last few movies he made: Alone in the Dark and House of the Dead.

For the record though, I liked both the resident evil movies but hell I love just about any movies about slaughtering hordes of mindless zombies.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:17:48 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll be looking for Silent Hill. It's a pretty decent game (the first one, and the second---they go downhill BAD after those)
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:13:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Look at that list of games being made into movies and look how many of them he is making, they will all be complete pieces of shit just like the last few movies he made: Alone in the Dark and House of the Dead.

For a zombie movie House of the Dead might have actually been good but it was so watered down... I don't remember any real gore. If you're going to make a zombie movie you have to accept the fact that it's gotta have some seriously nasty effects. Zombieseat people. That means you need to show the eating to get the point across.

The only redeeming quality of House of the Dead was Penny Phang (Tyranny) topless. She's smokin'.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top