User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 358
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 12:48:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This show sucks balls.

Hopefully the Deadwood Movie won't be a big letdown.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 12:48:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
In the preview for next week, something in the sky made Euron's eyes go wide.

Either Drogon is armored up, or he has friends.

I'm going with armor. A bunch of dragons outside of Dany's control would either make for a total contrived ending, or a really quick bloodbath.
View Quote
And that somehow means Dumb and Dumber won't do it because.....?
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 12:49:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going with armor. A bunch of dragons outside of Dany's control would either make for a total contrived ending, or a really quick bloodbath.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 12:50:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah, get handed the best IP of a generation, the biggest budget television has ever seen, 80? hours in prime time to tell the tale, and fuck it up for giggles.

I don't think hiding with your cell phones off is going to cut it boys.

Theory: GOT ends with D&D getting lynched by a mob of dykes who named their kids Daeny.
View Quote
It's like an football coach getting clones of all the all-time great players in their prime and they can't win the Super Bowl.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 12:50:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
These writers will fit in with whatever garbage they have planned for their new Star Wars trilogy perfectly
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 12:50:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bronn scene was stupid.

Varys is a dead man. Daenerys is dead. Cersei will not give up the throne, she'll burn it all down before that happens.

1st episode I have enjoyed in a while.
View Quote
Either Jamie or Mountain kill Cersi, Dragon eats dragon bitch, Jon sits on the iron throne thinking 'wtf guys'
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 12:52:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We are checking boxes now.

Sad to see such great stories and characters die a lazy writing, must end quickly at all costs, death.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 12:52:35 AM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/144599/skhyfnwwdfw21_jpg-936047.JPG
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 12:56:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Read another theory that Euron was looking at the two dead dragons that have been warged by Bran.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 12:57:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well, Ive lost all hope for a GOOD ending. I'll keep watching of course,  but I no longer expect much.
Fucking shame.

I called it last week, I hope D-D are choking on all this righteous hate they're getting.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:02:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well. That was............ underwhelming.

FI.  The show was over last week, and the rest is just twaddle. I'll watch it out of curiosity - how bad can they fuck up the rest? Pretty badly, I expect. Thanks for the amusing thread; too bad the show went down the shitter.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:03:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Read another theory that Euron was looking at the two dead dragons that have been warged by Bran.
View Quote
Well, one is ice cubes.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:04:01 AM EDT
[#13]
So to be fair, if you shot my kid out of the sky with guided spears and then beheaded one of my best friends, I'm not saying I condone her coming actions, but I understand.

I think they also made it a point tonight to say a marriage isn't going to work. Sir friendzone et al could keep her from going mad queen through several seasons but theres just no way the man she loves could ever contain her wild burn them all spirit

If this goes the way I suspect it goes, I legit feel horrible for the actress who invested a decade of her life into this character
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:04:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So to be fair, if you shot my kid out of the sky with guided spears and then beheaded one of my best friends, I'm not saying I condone her coming actions, but I understand.

I think they also made it a point tonight to say a marriage isn't going to work. Sir friendzone et al could keep her from going mad queen through several seasons but theres just no way the man she loves could ever contain her wild burn them all spirit

If this goes the way I suspect it goes, I legit feel horrible for the actress who invested a decade of her life into this character
View Quote
Which actress?
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:05:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
At the very end of the scenes from next week, the iron fleet is in bastards bay for air defense and Euron is looking into the sun, then he goes from squinting to scared/surprised and a dragon screams.

Not much to go on but I don't understand the reaction if it's just the one dragon they're ostensibly out there to skewer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing has pointed to there being more dragons.

Then again...nothing pointed to Arya killing the NK either....sooooo
At the very end of the scenes from next week, the iron fleet is in bastards bay for air defense and Euron is looking into the sun, then he goes from squinting to scared/surprised and a dragon screams.

Not much to go on but I don't understand the reaction if it's just the one dragon they're ostensibly out there to skewer.
There are rumored to be more dragon eggs in several places. If anyone would know where to look it would be Sam. The Targeryan master, Aemon I think, may have even told him. If there are more dragon eggs, and Sam finds them, all bets are off.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:06:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
For a second  I was sure Missandei was gonna grab Cersei and jump off. Too easy, I guess.....
View Quote
Could've at least cuffed her hands behind her back. Make it believable.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:06:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Was going to post about how bad it was. Will settle for it sucked.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:10:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Which actress?
View Quote
Dany

I know that many here don't like her, either character or person but I think she knows what Mark Hamill meant when he said he fundamentally disagreed with everything the writers had done with Luke
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:10:32 AM EDT
[#19]
One dragon left, Ghost written out.

Are they putting the rest of the CGI budget into a giant shark to jump?
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:12:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
One dragon left, Ghost written out.

Are they putting the rest of the CGI budget into a giant shark to jump?
View Quote
Sounds like.

I bet the last episode is going to be a bunch of reminiscing bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:13:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:15:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:15:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol. Sadly the ending is already known. It happens to be just as pointless as we should have expected from an HBO series.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:16:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Dany

I know that many here don't like her, either character or person but I think she knows what Mark Hamill meant when he said he fundamentally disagreed with everything the writers had done with Luke
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which actress?
Dany

I haven't see anyone here speak ill of her as a person.  She actually seems like a very charming and likable woman.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:17:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you watch some of the interviews it's pretty clear none of them were thrilled with how this ends up.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:17:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What gay soap opera writing.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:19:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There are rumored to be more dragon eggs in several places. If anyone would know where to look it would be Sam. The Targeryan master, Aemon I think, may have even told him. If there are more dragon eggs, and Sam finds them, all bets are off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hatching and growing them to full size in two episodes seems a bit far fetched. I do admire your optimism.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:22:24 AM EDT
[#28]
I power-binged Season 7 yesterday and caught up on Season 8 today.

I've always believed that any cable dramas like this should never go past 5 seasons.  Witness The Sopranos and Mad Men, and now this.  I think the writers never have more than 5 seasons worth of A-game, but once a series takes off the network would demand more seasons and we ended up with contrivances and fillers.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:22:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
It won't be true. It was precisely accurate for this episode.

It will go off the rails for next.
At least I hope.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:26:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Man, D&D are retarded
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:29:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Who even cares at this point,  when does the prequel written by George R. R. Martin start?

Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:29:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Huh, only 11 pages in the last few hours, no spectacular ranting about how wrong this or that was, even though there's just as much stupidity in this episode as last.

Here's what I see. I see glimpses of how very differently it might have been if that pathetic sad sack Martin had bothered to finish the series. But he can't, so this is all we get. FGRRM. D&D surely never imagined that Martin would never continue the series. I don't really fault them that much, they're producing fairly typical Hollywood drama with a great cast, great production values. Not much else to it. There's no way Martin comes out of this without looking like garbage. He's just cashing the checks. He's moved on to other projects, other books, other series. He gets to walk away saying, 'that's not how I would have done it.' And D&D get to walk away saying, 'that's the best we could do when the writer walked away from it.' Both parties failed. That's the bottom line. But HBO makes big bank.
View Quote
So what you’re saying is D&D had carte blanche and this is the best they could come up with?
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:31:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

At least I hope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

At least I hope.
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:33:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Guess you missed Euron building 1000 ships in record time?  When there are NO TREES on the Iron Islands?
View Quote
So Dragons aren’t the last of the magic left
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:35:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Lol. Sadly the ending is already known. It happens to be just as pointless as we should have expected from an HBO series.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I missed it, care to clue a fellow in?
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:40:24 AM EDT
[#36]
The final episode aliens arrive and take over
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:40:48 AM EDT
[#37]
If there's an upside to this shitshow, it's Dany's arc going badly wrong. Stupid cunt beloved of stupid cunts everywhere. Every step of her journey has been over the corpse of some poor sap she got killed needlessly going back to Drogo.

I'm a little pissed about Bronn, seems completely out of character.

I really don't get how they're so bad at directing all of a sudden this season. This weeks parley scene is just inexplicable.

IMO, most writers have about three good chapters in them, really great writers have three books, so the five seasons thing is pretty generous really.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:40:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Guess you missed Euron building 1000 ships in record time?  When there are NO TREES on the Iron Islands?
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:43:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I power-binged Season 7 yesterday and caught up on Season 8 today.

I've always believed that any cable dramas like this should never go past 5 seasons.  Witness The Sopranos and Mad Men, and now this.  I think the writers never have more than 5 seasons worth of A-game, but once a series takes off the network would demand more seasons and we ended up with contrivances and fillers.
View Quote
You're probably not wrong, but It's particularly because the story was being adapted from the works of a genius, and then it wasn't.

I was going to say, "to be fair, Varys was well-written this ep," but then i remembered that he
-decided that he was going to kill Dany, for the good of the realm
-told Tyrion, thus compromising his plan for no reason
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:44:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:47:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If there's an upside to this shitshow, it's Dany's arc going badly wrong. Stupid cunt beloved of stupid cunts everywhere. Every step of her journey has been over the corpse of some poor sap she got killed needlessly going back to Drogo.

I'm a little pissed about Bronn, seems completely out of character.

I really don't get how they're so bad at directing all of a sudden this season. This weeks parley scene is just inexplicable.

IMO, most writers have about three good chapters in them, really great writers have three books, so the five seasons thing is pretty generous really.
View Quote
You mean when there were thousands of arrows and scores of super ballistas pointed at dany&co, when she was 75 yards away, and they did nothing?

Lol.  Fuck me in the ass and call me sally.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:52:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Watch how the PROs do it
I Wonder if it Was the Wine? - The Black Adder - BBC
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:53:07 AM EDT
[#43]
It's going to be a pile of shit for the penultimate and final episode.  Dumb & Dumber are now Dumber & Dumbest.

You know what would have been a "bittersweet" ending?  Jon Snow reluctantly taking the Iron Throne, but ALL of the people he loved and cared about are dead, because that is what it took to put him there.  ALL of them!  He had to kill Dany because she went psycho mad-king-burn-them-all.  That speech he gave right before they burned the dead from the Long Night would actually mean something.....
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:55:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I didn't see anything particularly "dumb" except trusting her advisors and giving them a chance.

What she told Jon was exactly correct, Sansa betrayed him in less than a day, what she told Tyrion and Varys was correct, nothing was going to get Cersei to budge.

She's angry, we might be seeing her set up to follow her mad streak like many Targaryens before her, but none of that was "dumb".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dany sure was dumb tonight.
I didn't see anything particularly "dumb" except trusting her advisors and giving them a chance.

What she told Jon was exactly correct, Sansa betrayed him in less than a day, what she told Tyrion and Varys was correct, nothing was going to get Cersei to budge.

She's angry, we might be seeing her set up to follow her mad streak like many Targaryens before her, but none of that was "dumb".
It's all dumb.

Why did Tyrion go from leading the vanguard at blackwater bay, to huddling with the women and children in winterfell?
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 2:03:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Hatching and growing them to full size in two episodes seems a bit far fetched. I do admire your optimism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There could also still be several living dragons.
https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Sheepstealer
https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Silverwing
There may be at least five dragon eggs somewhere in Kings Landing, which happens to be about to.burn, and of course was partially burned recently by Cercei.
https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Last_dragon
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 2:05:33 AM EDT
[#46]
The tragedy of this series is that they had 8 years build up and story telling... and they are obviously going to end it without explaining any of it.
The NK death was pitiful, Snow just basically giving away his Dire Wolf, Bran apparently serving zero purpose (shit, he sees the future but doesn't clue anyone in on what's going to happen? WTF?), etc.
SOOO much story build up... for what? It's like taking 8 years to set a stage that your not going to use.
This final season sucks balls, big time.
It's clear that Snow is the rightful king (and the one with the right disposition), but with the SJW "girl power" theme that HBO spun on this show, I have zero faith it will end as it should.
I feel like I wasted 8 seasons watching this garbage. Like it was setting up for nothing (since nothing will be explained/resolved). What a waste. HBO will go down in history as the network that totally F'ed a leading series.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 2:13:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Why couldn't Jon say goodbye to Ghost, or at least pat him on the head and say you're going with Tormund now.

Probably cost too much or they had to make room for other bullshit filler  
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 2:14:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Everybody so mad
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 2:24:58 AM EDT
[#49]
I cannot believe that THAT is how they chose to handle Missandei. I can't. My head is refusing to wrap around it. The Missandei I feel like we've come to know would have turned around and taken Cersei over the edge with her. She wouldn't have just stood there giving the dragon code word for 'burn this shit to the ground' like that. No way. It rang FALSE.

And WTF would Jon just give his wolf away like that without so much as a goodbye pat? Or a thank you for being beside me all this time? Anything? That was SHIT. Complete and utter shit.

I also figure Arya is going to the front lines instead of staying at Winterfell. At this point ... I want HER on the Iron Throne and the rest of them can piss off.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 2:25:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Fuck the dragons.

I don’t get why anyone gives a flying fuck about the OP X1000 pets of “queen SJW daughter of virtue signal.”
View Quote
I thought the dragons were lame until they started strafing the army of the dead. Something about their familiarity and awesome power made me love them in an instant. Maybe it was because Dany was using them for something good and noble vs using them to bully people into following her.
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top