Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2003 2:26:45 PM EDT

[url=http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30500-12364883,00.html]BUSH LOVES WAR FLICKS[/url]

Mr Bush's favourite flick is Black Hawk down

A former projectionist at the White House has revealed which films President Bush likes to watch when he is not running the country.

[red]Definitely a fan of war films, the US President is said to love Black Hawk Down and Saving Private Ryan.[/red]

Paul Fischer also discloses former presidents' favourites in a TV documentary.

He reveals Bill Clinton thought highly of High Noon, while JFK backed Spartacus.

According to Fischer, the first film Jimmy Carter watched while he was in power was All The President's Men.

The movie is about the fall of his predecessor Richard Nixon.

Apparently Carter watched a total of 580 films in the White House, more than any other president.
View Quote

[^]

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#1]
So Bush is gonna try to make his own little "Blackhawk Down" now.  Hmmm...
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#2]
shit...thats not factual...everybody knows clinton's favorite flick was Behind the Green Door.  [;)]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#3]
NOW..if he said GWs fav. was A CLOCKWORKS ORANGE..then we would have sumthing..lol
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:36:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember reading somewhere that his favorite movie was Austin Powers.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So Bush is gonna try to make his own little "Blackhawk Down" now.  Hmmm...
View Quote
Don't think so. Anyone watching BHD who knows the story behind it would learn this lesson: If the guys in the field as for heavy support - [b]GIVE IT TO THEM![/b]

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:46:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I remember reading somewhere that his favorite movie was Austin Powers.
View Quote

Ditto. I've heard that he often immitates skits from it behind closed doors. "laser"
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought it would be [i]Wag The Dog[/i].
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:02:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I thought it would be [i]Wag The Dog[/i].
View Quote

No that would be Klinton...oh wait I see you're from MN. Nevermind.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:02:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top