BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2002 5:46:57 PM EDT
got this from a post on assault web who:
Found this at www.concealcarry.org
GUN OWNER$

Now available in Self Inking!

Those of you who live in big cities may remember seeing dollar bills that were stamped GAY DOLLAR. This was to remind everyone of the buying power of the gay community. This made a lot of people wise up that at least they better be nice to gays if they didn't want so suffer economic consequences. These stamps (among other actions) also raised the visibility of gays to a level not known before. In any case, you see the result. In Illinois you have a Republican governor trying to pass a gay rights bill. Members of his closest staff are openly gay. Gun owners? Not a one in sight...at least not one who'll admit to it. Gun Rights? Sure, Governor Ryan will be happy to take them away! HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED!

So, we are starting our own version of the GAY DOLLAR -

These stamps are perfect for marking legal and tender things. The GAY DOLLAR was a huge success, I hope GUN OWNER$ will be too! can we duplicate that success? Gonna take a lot of stamps! You can get a stamp Easy!

Go to your local Office Supply shop and tell them to make a stamp that says GUN OWNER$ in 14 Point Helvetica Bold Font. If you get a self-inking stamp request red ink.

If you would...pass this on to other lists that may be interested in participating in our little act of rebellion.

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I still have my stamp.  I did this about 1½ years ago.  Everyone suggested blue ink, because red would be too bloodlike or something.

Never did see another dollar with it stamped on it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#2]
maby its time to resurect this idea then, i think its a great idea. if its been out that long then it hasn't enjoyed much publicity.

we at ar15.com are great at publicity. lets get the ball rolling, i will place my order on monday.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in.  Going to [url]http://www.concealcarry.org[/url] right now.

Whoops!  They don't sell them.  

Try: [url]http://www.express-it.com/stamps/db/dbpspectrasi.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 2:18:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Me too
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#6]
How about a LEGP group stamp purchase...
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 3:33:03 PM EDT
[#7]
gun owner$
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I still have my stamp.  I did this about 1½ years ago.  Everyone suggested blue ink, because red would be too bloodlike or something.

View Quote

A GAY DOLLAR stamp?
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

A GAY DOLLAR stamp?
View Quote

somehow, i just knew something like that was comeing. i refrained myself out of kindness.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#10]
just to bring this bact to the top, i have been stamping EVERYTHING for the last few weeks.

i have raised a few eyebrows, and recived mostly posative responces. lets make this happen, it will work eventualy.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 2:28:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe this could be pitched to the NRA as a program to send EVERY NRA member such a stamp kit.  Other organizations like GOA, too.

If any of you work in a bank, bring in your stamp kit and go nuts.

Give them away (or sell them at cost) at gun shows, matches, etc.   Free at gun stores.

Heck, run with this idea and it'll fly!

CJ

Link Posted: 3/25/2002 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Cool idea. Some things to consider...

The average lifespan of various bills in circulation:
$1 bill - 18 months.
$5 bill - 15 months.
$10 bill - 18 months.
$20 bill - two years.
$50 & $100 bills - up to eight years.

Remember, people tend to look at higher denominations closer and for longer time.  They're less worn, and usually not given or received in large bunches like ones. Better chance of seeing your message if they take a split second longer to actually look at the bill.

So stamp ALL your currency but especially the highest currency you have.

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#14]
i stamp everything, cash, checks, payroll, you name it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Is it legal to mark up cash? I think I'm going to go to the office supply shop and pick up a stamp regardless.

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes, you can make marks on money.

If you felt somewhat creative, you could use your printer to apply the [red][b]GUN OWNER$[/B][/RED] to each bill.  Just run a test pass to see where it prints, and tape bills to a sheet of paper and feed them in.

CJ
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#17]
i just happen to have my entire tax return in $20s sitting right here. i took them to a gun show a couple weeks ago looking for a deal and figured I'd just pay my rent with them. My land lady ought to love this. She is a stupid bitch with an "afganistan deserves peace" sign in her window. needless to say I'm moving out as soon as the lease is up.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top