Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 11/22/2016 1:07:02 AM EDT
And this is just the beginning.....this list will undoubtedly GROW HUUUUUGE!!!

https://www.thetrace.org/2016/11/donald-trump-second-amendment-coalition-obama-executive-actions/

Second Amendment Coalition Has a To-Do List for the New White House

In the waning days of the presidential race, Donald Trump’s campaign quietly announced the formation of a “coalition” dedicated to protecting the Second Amendment. The 62-member group would be helmed by the president-elect’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., along with Chris Cox, the National Rifle Association’s top lobbyist. “These leaders will continue to advise Mr. Trump and Governor Pence as they protect our Supreme Court and our right to keep and bear arms,” a press release said.

John Boch, the executive director of Illinois-based group Guns Save Life, was one of those named to the coalition. In an interview with The Trace, Boch says he is eager to share with the new administration his views on how to dismantle decades of presidential actions on firearms — just as soon as he is asked.

“I am looking forward to helping protect and defend the Second Amendment over the course of a generation or two,” he told The Trace by phone, noting that he was cleaning his gun while he chatted.

The list of policies that Boch is eager to see eliminated is similar to those of other gun activists: He wants aggressive legislation that will force states to honor concealed carry permits issued by states with looser gun laws. He also wants Trump to roll back many other, less-known measures implemented by his predecessors, including the elimination of restrictions on purchases of Chinese guns.

The agenda Boch proposes highlights the intent of gun rights advocates to undo as many federal firearms regulations as they can. They have good cause for their optimism: Trump ran the most assertively pro-gun campaign in memory, backed by record breaking funding from the NRA.

Here’s what Boch told The Trace he’s expecting President Trump to do:

1. Rescind a slate of executive actions issued by President Obama. That list includes 23 relating to guns signed after the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. Those actions include ordering the Centers for Disease Control to research gun violence; declaring that doctors are not barred under the Affordable Care Act from asking patients about gun ownership; and creating incentives for states to report information into the National Instant Background Check system.

Most recently, in January, Obama announced that any and all firearms dealers engaged in the business of selling guns must obtain a federal license and conduct background checks on all buyers.

Trump promised to “veto” the background check directive, adding: “I will unsign that so fast.”

Trump, in fact, cannot veto or unsign Obama’s move, which was technically a public announcement of a clarification by the ATF of existing law. But he can announce a reversal of Obama’s steps, which would have the same result.

2. Remove limits on arming service members at military facilities, such as recruitment centers. Few military offices are “gun-free” though firearms at facilities are restricted by a decades-old Defense Department policy limiting who can carry weapons to those servicemembers who specifically apply and undergo training to do so in military offices. Trump vowed to “mandate that soldiers remain armed and on alert at our military bases.”

3. Revoke restrictions on importing Chinese guns and ammunition. Some gun enthusiasts hope to buy Chinese arms manufacturer Norinco’s MAK-90, a version of the AK-47 semi-automatic, and other knockoffs of popular brands the company makes. Those who want to purchase these guns believe they would be relatively cheap, and in some cases object philosophically to restrictions on buying them. Laws that effectively prevent importing Chinese weapons and components date to a 1989 executive order signed by President George H.W. Bush that banned foreign-made semi-automatic guns. In 1994, President Bill Clinton also barred sales by China’s biggest gunmaker, as a part of a trade deal. In 2003, under President George W. Bush, the Treasury Department further banned imports of Norinco after the company was accused of violating international nonproliferation laws by selling missile parts to Iran.

4. Make silencers easy to access. Boch wants the Trump administration to work with allies in the Republican-dominated Congress to pass legislation that allows silencers to be purchased at regular federally licensed firearms dealers (they currently fall under special regulations enacted by the 1934 Firearms Control Act). Some gun users say they want silencers to prevent potential hearing damage and reduce noise that bothers other nearby.

Boch and another member of the coalition who spoke with The Trace said they know of no plans to meet or formally communicate. Aides to two members of Congress listed as co-chairs of the coalition said that they were unaware that the lawmakers had even been named to the group.

But Boch says he doesn’t really care: His candidate is headed to the White House, and he feels secure. “I don’t see a whole lot of limits to what we can do,” he says.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:08:53 AM EDT
[#1]
ICantHearYouOverMyThrobbingHardOn.jpg
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:09:54 AM EDT
[#2]
DO IT! I'd take back everything bad I ever said about Trump Steaks.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:10:06 AM EDT
[#3]
That number 3 though!

My dick is so hard. I need all the chicom ammo in my life.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:12:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't see repealing the Hughes Amendment on that list.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:13:18 AM EDT
[#5]
In before the defeatists.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:13:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Good start and they need to add more to the list to undo everything that's been taken away from us over the years.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:14:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd like to see them eliminate the NFA...
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:14:39 AM EDT
[#8]
100 round AK drums plz.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:16:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I think we should petition them to add Hughes Amendment removal to that list.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:16:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Suppressed MAK90s for all!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:18:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Dealers don't need to be involved in silencer sales. Make them unregulated.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:20:13 AM EDT
[#12]
National JMB holiday!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:21:10 AM EDT
[#13]
MAGA
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:21:47 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm pessimistic that this "Second Amendment Coalition" will be much of an ongoing thing. It seems detached from both the legislative and administrative process. (In the article, it says that the two congressmen designated as co-chairs were not even aware that they were part of the group. This is not a good sign.)

Frankly, I think the NRA-ILA would be much more effective, provided it has regular access to the Trump administration. Make Donald, Jr., the go-between.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:22:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That number 3 though!

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:22:19 AM EDT
[#16]
We want our Second Amendment rights back. Now.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:22:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:23:28 AM EDT
[#18]
I want to see the embargo against Russian overturned also. I need a new SKS and an SVD.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:24:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Also, what about those Korean Garands?
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:25:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:25:35 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm going to have to get a second job just so I can afford everything that will come flooding into the country.  

A couple of questions though.

What about the Russian guns, like the Saiga 12.  Are imports on those still blocked?  Can something be done to get that lifted?

Also parts kits with barrels were banned.  Can that ban be lifted.  It killed the import market especially for AK type firearms.  It used to be you could by an AK parts kit, with barrel, for under $100.  Now you pay close to $400 for the kit because you have to buy a new barrel.

Both Clinton and Bush directed the ATF to redefine "sporting purpose" and they used that to limit some of the imports.  Can Trump ask them to redefine it again but in the context of "sporting purpose or any other legal activity"?  I would really like to see "sporting purpose" be eliminated but that would be a huge stretch, so the addition of "any legal purpose" would cover that for now.

I also didn't see any mention of re-importing millions of M1 Garands that we gave South Korea.  Obama repeatedly blocked this.  The CMP is in desperate need of those rifles.  They operate a great program and should be supported in any way possible.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:25:40 AM EDT
[#22]
What about removal of mag capacities AND AWBs.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:26:10 AM EDT
[#23]
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!

The winning... it just keeps happening.

MAGA
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:26:46 AM EDT
[#24]
It's a start. Removing the Lautenberg Amendment should also be a top priority. A restraining order with little oversight should not revoke your rights, nor should misdemeanor domestic violence.

Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:26:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I think we should petition them to add Hughes Amendment removal to that list.
View Quote

That would burn a shitload of political capital, create media hysteria, and go nowhere.

The stuff on this list is mostly shit Trump can do unilaterally, and the HPA is doable.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:27:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Can anything be done about that shitty ATF ruling on 7n6?
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:27:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:28:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Dealers don't need to be involved in silencer sales. Make them unregulated.

View Quote

This. Should be able to order online and have it delivered to your residence. SBR's should be removed as well.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:28:14 AM EDT
[#29]
I've jerked it twice since I've been here.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:30:21 AM EDT
[#30]
It would be awesome to once again have a source for quality, factory new AK's at a good price. The MAK-90 is an awesome rifle, much better than the monkey fucked crap from Century and far more affordable than the insanely overpriced stuff from Arsenal. And how about some Chinese M-14s at well under half the cost of a Springfield M-1A? Oh, they also produce an M-16A1 clone that I saw Larry Vickers testing in one of his videos. Canadians can get them I think, yet we can't. And remember the excellent Norinco 1911? And if that doesn't excite you, consider the piles and piles of ammo Norinco could send into the U.S.! There would never be an ammo shortage with them flooding the market with 5.56mm, 7.62x39mm, .308, 9mm, .45 ACP, etc. I bet they could even do something about the availability and price of .22 ammo. Oh the possibilities!
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:30:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:32:01 AM EDT
[#32]
But but he has signs on his properties, ddeerrrpppp
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:32:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Some of you guys could be handed a million dollar check and you'd bitch about having to go to all the way to the bank to cash it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:32:56 AM EDT
[#34]
My reading comprehension is failing, number 1, part of it says under an executive order to force states to send criminal records to the NICs system?
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:33:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm going to have to get a second job just so I can afford everything that will come flooding into the country.  

A couple of questions though.

What about the Russian guns, like the Saiga 12.  Are imports on those still blocked?  Can something be done to get that lifted?

Also parts kits with barrels were banned.  Can that ban be lifted.  It killed the import market especially for AK type firearms.  It used to be you could by an AK parts kit, with barrel, for under $100.  Now you pay close to $400 for the kit because you have to buy a new barrel.

Both Clinton and Bush directed the ATF to redefine "sporting purpose" and they used that to limit some of the imports.  Can Trump ask them to redefine it again but in the context of "sporting purpose or any other legal activity"?  I would really like to see "sporting purpose" be eliminated but that would be a huge stretch, so the addition of "any legal purpose" would cover that for now.

I also didn't see any mention of re-importing millions of M1 Garands that we gave South Korea.  Obama repeatedly blocked this.  The CMP is in desperate need of those rifles.  They operate a great program and should be supported in any way possible.
View Quote

I think I read somewhere that the Garands in Greece were still US property while those in Korea are not, and therefore, those in Korea would come back via a commercial importer like Century that would mark them and sell them to FFLs. Still better than no Garands at all, though.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:34:21 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm shocked the importation embargos are even being mentioned. The 1989 and 1994 importation bans would allow A LOT to be imported, that's a hardcore win for us. "Never to be imported again Norinco Type 56" sale ads come to mind. I don't think anyone expected that to go away in our lifetime.

I feel like Loyd Christmas.. "So... you're saying there's a chance?!"
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:34:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Chicom ammo worth shit?
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:37:08 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm doing a bit of research on chicom ammo prices.

Norinco corosive 7.62x39 by the 1,440rd case $0.15 usd per round at the current exchange rate.
https://gun-shop.ca/product/7-62x39mm-norinco-green-crate-ammo/

Norinco 7.62x39 copper washed steel case non-corrosive $0.26 usd per round
https://www.canadaammo.com/product/detail/norinco-copper-washed-7-62x39-ammunition-crate-of-1200

Norinco 556 brass cased 328.00 usd a case
http://www.targetsportscanada.com/shop/ammunition

I don't know how Canada taxes ammo imports but besides the corrosive 7.62 ammo it doesn't seem any cheaper than the Russian stuff we can get right now. Norinco 556 brass cased seems to be priced about the same as our domestic 556.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:38:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That number 3 though!

View Quote

And a Type 81 to shoot it in.
Norinco Type 81 Approved for Canadian Sale
At the very least, anything Canada gets we should get too.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:38:37 AM EDT
[#40]
I think if he allows imports from China there should be a high tariff (50%) on them. More Americans making "assault weapons" the better. More pro gun voters. Otherwise gtg.

Guess I gotta start saving for my sig 550
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:38:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Chicom ammo worth shit?
View Quote

I liked it a helluva lot more than the Russian stuff. Their 7.62x39mm was some fine ammo. And their .223 was also reliable and loaded hot...more like a 5.56mm spec round. Their 9mm was brass cased and also worked fine.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:38:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm shocked the importation embargos are even being mentioned. The 1989 and 1994 importation bans would allow A LOT to be imported, that's a hardcore win for us. "Never to be imported again Norinco Type 56" sale ads come to mind. I don't think anyone expected that to go away in our lifetime.

I feel like Loyd Christmas.. "So... you're saying there's a chance?!"
View Quote

The thought of even having a sniff at something like an NDM-86 excites me greatly. I'd love a Russian SVD or properly equipped Tigr, but the NDM would absolutely do.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:41:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I liked it a helluva lot more than the Russian stuff. Their 7.62x39mm was some fine ammo. And their .223 was also reliable and loaded hot...more like a 5.56mm spec round. Their 9mm was brass cased and also worked fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chicom ammo worth shit?

Oh yes. Tell me more. I'm almost there!    Cheap ammo and I'll be doing mag dumps just because I'm bored.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:41:17 AM EDT
[#44]
I never thought getting suppressors reclassified as Title II would ever be possible, I am incredibly excited about that possibility.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:41:59 AM EDT
[#45]
My "reasonable" proposals:

1.  Do what needs to be done so that I can buy a post-1986 machine gun without unreasonable hurdles.  Basically, allow post 1986 machine guns to be purchased under the NFA.  
2.  Pass national concealed carry.  Pistol permits in your particular state should be valid in all 50 states.  
3.  Eliminate 16" barrel definition of a rifle. Length of barrel should be legally irrelevant.  

I say "reasonable" because in reality, I should not need any form of permit to carry a handgun and I should be able to buy an actual M4 without any governmental restrictions.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:42:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I never thought getting suppressors reclassified as Title II Title I would ever be possible, I am incredibly excited about that possibility.
View Quote

FIFY. They're currently Title II.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:43:10 AM EDT
[#47]
I have to LMAO: elect President who keeps hammering China,China,China...demand that he changes rules to buy Chinese guns.

What about stop being poor and just buying things of decent quality from American makers or at least reasonably friendly countries? I just don't understand the appeal of shitty Kalashnikovs,don't get it at all.

Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:43:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:43:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Oh yes. Tell me more. I'm almost there!    Cheap ammo and I'll be doing mag dumps just because I'm bored.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chicom ammo worth shit?

I did fail to mention that the Norinco .223 is also brass cased.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:44:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm doing a bit of research on chicom ammo prices.

Norinco corosive 7.62x39 by the 1,440rd case $0.15 usd per round at the current exchange rate.
https://gun-shop.ca/product/7-62x39mm-norinco-green-crate-ammo/

Norinco 7.62x39 copper washed steel case non-corrosive $0.26 usd per round
https://www.canadaammo.com/product/detail/norinco-copper-washed-7-62x39-ammunition-crate-of-1200

I don't know how Canada taxes ammo imports but besides the corrosive 7.62 ammo it doesn't seem any cheaper than the Russian stuff we can get right now.
View Quote

We will buy in much bigger bulk then our Hat.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top