Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/31/2004 6:41:26 PM EST
I watched the DEM convention. I am watching the GOP convention. OK, I am a bit biased in that I

a) can tolerate the GOP
b) despise the DEM

But I like to to think I can actually see past my bias to inner truths. And here it is.

Both parties pander to their voter constituency. Both back some issues that are laudable and worthy of respect. Both back issues just for votes. Both spend too much when in power. The difference you ask?

While watching the DNC i saw a room full of hateful people desperate for power at any cost. Even at the cost of American lives or prestige abroad. I saw people with little or no personal ethics accorded great respect by the DNC if they were rich or powerful and backing their boy. I saw mostly people from way outside the mainstream treated as the center of the DNP. I saw a party out of touch.

The GOP convention is a little bit "sanitized" with clean cut the standard. But I think the party is attracting more of the real mainstream Americans today. The GOP might be wrong on some of the issues, but not bereft of ethics. I see a party more in touch with mainstream America and more accepting of opposing views.

Instead of a "wonder boy reporting for duty" (which would have been nice to do 30 years ago for his full tour) for the DEMs, in Bush I see a guy who is imperfect. He did probably use influence to get into the national guard. And he was a wild child. But he has grown up. Enough to ignore the Moores and moveon.orgs of the world. Why can't Kerry.

I was very concerned about this election one week ago. I thought Kerry with the aid of the media was going to win. While I don't think our great nation can be ruined by any single president, I think he could have set us back a long time. But now I see that there is the last difference and it is all the difference in the world.

The DEMs were there to hate Bush and elect ANYONE.

The GOP believes it has the right guy in BUSH.

Bush may well win in a landslide this November. I won't relax my efforts, but I am getting a lot happier with what I am seeing.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:48:30 PM EST
Well said!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:59:15 PM EST
4 MORE YEARS
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:00:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By WI_Rifleman:
4 MORE YEARS

Help Make It Happen!!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:02:54 PM EST

GOP vs DEM - the main differences

IMO, very little, each will screw us over in a heart beat without losing any sleep. I find it a very sad situation when I must choose the lesser of two evils.

YMMV.
Top Top