Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 5:53:35 PM EDT
Hey all , as some may remember I posted in early December looking for advice on what to get my GF's son for his deployment to Iraq. He deployed last week well equipped (thx for all the advice ) with the 4th ID to an area north of Bagdad.

Well we got the call early Friday morning that his unit had been in heavy contact with the enemy and his Bradley hit a very large IED. He was wounded , suffering shapnel wounds in his legs , arms and face , thankfully he was wearing his body armor and helmet which absorbed alot of hits ( thats what the Captain told us )

The saddest part is another Lt. who was right next to him didnt make it......

He asked his battalion commander to return back to his men which he will be allowed to do , he told his mom that "there are some bad guys out there and he wants to go back out there to get them"

As you can imagine we are praying day and night , thanking god he is alive and to protect him.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:58:41 PM EDT
[#1]
thanks for the update and pass the word we are praying for him!  Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:19:51 AM EDT
[#2]
As a mother who's son is also over there,I totally understand. My prayers go out to you both. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:25:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Give him my thanks for his service and ask him to bag one for me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:36:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Prayers and thoughts to him and the family of the fallen warrior.

I hope is is well, and is able to realize his goal of exacting punishment on those who would attack us.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#5]
hoorahhh to that soldier, we need more like him
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#6]
best wishes for a speedy recovery so that he can get some payback...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:47:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hey all , as some may remember I posted in early December looking for advice on what to get my GF's son for his deployment to Iraq. He deployed last week well equipped (thx for all the advice ) with the 4th ID to an area north of Bagdad.

Well we got the call early Friday morning that his unit had been in heavy contact with the enemy and his Bradley hit a very large IED. He was wounded , suffering shapnel wounds in his legs , arms and face , thankfully he was wearing his body armor and helmet which absorbed alot of hits ( thats what the Captain told us )

The saddest part is another Lt. who was right next to him didnt make it......

He asked his battalion commander to return back to his men which he will be allowed to do , he told his mom that "there are some bad guys out there and he wants to go back out there to get them"

As you can imagine we are praying day and night , thanking god he is alive and to protect him.

I am sorry to hear he was wounded but glad he will be ok.   He is an inspiration to all of us.

As to the Lt.  who did not make it he is now in God`s hands and so is his family who lost their love one.  Let them know his strength and love and our appreciation of his sacrifice.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like your GF and whom ever did a fine job raising a man. Wish more Americans would do such a good job. She must be pround to have such a good example of what a man should be like.

Wish him well, keep his head about him and come back with no more leaks.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:17:33 AM EDT
[#9]
our prayers are with you as well, God bless
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top