Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/19/2005 10:54:28 AM EDT
I live in Macon about 4 blocks from where this happened. It's all over the news here.

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/news/local/crime_courts/12682578.htm
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#1]

Bibb County coroner Leon Jones said the intruder is a black male about 5 feet 9 inches tall and 150 pounds. He has several tattoos: On his right arm, a "Hell 4 a Hustler" tattoo and under that, a heart with the name "Susie." On the left arm is the name "April" and a tattoo that says, "Only God Can Judge Me" with a cross, Jones said

GUILTY, says God.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Post it over on DU. They must have run out of gas on the Bush-is-to-blame-for-the-hurricane frenzy.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know what DU is.  Copy the link if you think others want to see it.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Some DUers believe in shooting intruders.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Good.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

My friend, you are a lucky man!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#8]
It's a start...
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:01:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Bibb County coroner Leon Jones said the intruder is a black male about 5 feet 9 inches tall and 150 pounds. He has several tattoos: On his right arm, a "Hell 4 a Hustler" tattoo and under that, a heart with the name "Susie." On the left arm is the name "April" and a tattoo that says, "Only God Can Judge Me" with a cross, Jones said

GUILTY, says God.  

That line is very popular among dope dealers/"pimps."
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Just curious, but shot with what?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Far be it from me to pollute a pristine mind. Forget you ever read my post.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't know what the student the guy with.  I'll keep an eye out on the news and I'll update the post when I find out.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:15:35 AM EDT
[#13]
That great news.  This will shake up those liberal leaning professors and school administrators and will give new impetus to the debate on firearm ownership.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:16:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Turn on your IMs noob!  

DU-Democraticunderground.com, in the eyes of ARFCOM the internet equivalent of Sodom.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:31:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like he was judged very swiftly.  It sounds like this guy had is head together and kept cool, and his tactics were with him.  Shot in the upper torso center mass, sounds like he shot to stop the threat, and did nothing else.  This really sounds like a textbook good shoot.  

+1 for this law student.  

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Turn on your IMs noob!  

DU-Democraticunderground.com, in the eyes of ARFCOM the internet equivalent of Sodom.

I tried seeing what DU was about...once.  It was so incoherent and senile that I couldn't stomache it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:32:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Macon is the shithole of Georgia, and there are plenty more that need dealt with here.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:50:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Sounds like he got what he deserves - I sure hope the shooter doesnt get into any heat over that no load
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Lost  "Refugee" just looking for some food and water
Maybe

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
GUILTY, says God.

Yep!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Macon is the shithole of Georgia, and there are plenty more that need dealt with here.

Bill3508

BILL MACON is My home TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are correct I moved my family to a safer area. It is a Arm pit. Starting with the Mayor.  WarDawg

PS.. Good shot Mecer student....
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#22]

The Bibb County District Attorney's office will determine whether Taylor will face charges, Hofmann said.

I can't even believe that they are investigating it.  It should be open and shut case.  Poor guy............
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Let's all repeat after me:

"I thought I saw something in his hand and I felt that my life was in danger"

<places kitchen knife next to dead perp>
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

To bad it wasn't a few miles south into Florida.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

On the left arm is the name "April" and a tattoo that says, "Only God Can Judge Me" with a cross, Jones said

GUILTY, says God.  

God will judge him and will be merciful in his judgment.  After all, Jesus died on the cross for the sins of mankind.  Now, here's how it'll work.  Stupid gets sentenced to rehabilitation through reincarnation.  He returns to earth with the kharma of becoming a victim of ne'er do wells.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Another POS takes a dirt nap, don't it make your proud.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I live in Macon about 4 blocks from where this happened. It's all over the news here.

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/news/local/crime_courts/12682578.htm

How traditional...Trial by Combat!

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Bill3508

Atlanta still has Macon beat.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:14:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Update:

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/news/local/crime_courts/12690726.htm

Only real news is that the burglar was known to the cops.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:41:14 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Good point, GA only justifies a lethal shooting by a civilian when they fear for the life or grave injury to self or others.  Hope the kid said the right thing or lawyered up quick.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:48:35 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GUILTY, says God.  

That line is very popular among dope dealers/"pimps."

Well, GOD and and jury of twelve.

I guess the jury thing doesn't apply to this guy
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:49:01 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

GUILTY, says God.  

That may be true, but if you break into M house, 180 gr of JHP is gonna speed up your meeting with God a little
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:07:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Does Georgia have a "retreat rule" like in some other states (up north, for instance, where I'm from).  In some places you can't shoot on sight, even in your home, unless you make a reasonable effort to avoid any potential danger first.  Does anyone know if this applies in Georgia?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:20:10 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Does Georgia have a "retreat rule" like in some other states (up north, for instance, where I'm from).  In some places you can't shoot on sight, even in your home, unless you make a reasonable effort to avoid any potential danger first.  Does anyone know if this applies in Georgia?

Not that I know of, but that doesn't mean much.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:05:35 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Bill3508

Have toy never been to It-lannah?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:07:42 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

They have a law like that up there? They must be nuts! The criminals move too fast to pansy around.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Just curious, but shot with what?

Nimmer, you rock!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#38]
<Freddie Mercury>

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Hey, I'm gonna get you too

How do you think I'm going to get along,
Without you, when you're gone
You tried to take took me for everything that I had,
And kicked me out on my own

Are you happy, are you satisfied
How long can you stand the heat
Out of the stairwell doorway the bullets rip
To the sound of the beat

There are plenty of ways you can hurt a man
And bring him to the ground
You can beat him
You can cheat him
You can treat him bad and leave him
When he's down
But I'm ready, yes I'm ready for you
I'm standing on my own two feet
Out of the stairwell doorway the bullets rip
Repeating the sound of the beat

</Freddie Mercury>

RIP MF
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:28:27 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

If I were sleeping in bed or watching tv when I saw someone walk into the room that did not belong,
you bet your ass I would be in fear for my life.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:29:38 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I were sleeping in bed or watching tv when I saw someone walk into the room that did not belong,

Fear of harm to others counts as well.  Don't have to abandon the girl upstairs.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:35:50 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fear of harm to others counts as well.  Don't have to abandon the girl upstairs.  

"Officer, it looked like he was reaching for something under his shirt, I figured he was going for a gun"...bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang...slide lock
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:38:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:39:58 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Bill3508

Macon isn't the nicest place, but if you think it is the "sh!thole" of Georgia, you obviously haven't been to Albany.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
"Officer, it looked like he was reaching for something under his shirt, I figured he was going for a gun"...bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang...slide lock

That works on TX juries.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is all in how you articulate to the officer.  A law student knows this.  In La. their would be no "DA will decide whether or not to charge".  The police wouyld collect the body and leave.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Some states say you must retreat if possible, BUT you are not expected to retreat FROM your home, which should be the place of safety.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

In Georgia, as long as the three elements of "ability", "opportunity", and "jeopardy" is met, you can use deadly force in defense of one's life or the life of another.  Heck, even in defense of property is included too.  Key phrases of "in fear for my life", "came at me in a violent and tumultous manner" are good in shooting situations.

As for the DAs office investigating, I wish the law student good luck.  I wouldn't trust the Grand Jury on anything.  Idiots elected an idiot mayor for 2 terms.  Very good chance the same idiots will be sitting on that jury box.  

Chances are, the law student is white and the perp is black.  So the infamous "race" card is gonna be played for the millionth time.  I'm sure a vigil for the perp on the steps of City Hall, with Mayor Ellis as guest speaker, is coming soon too.  

Bibb County's court system is a joke.  I worked a rape of a 13 year old girl, whose throat was slit ear to ear, stabbed 11 times in the back, left for dead.  Got the perp with bloody knife and confession.  He only gets 15 years, which means he's elligible for parole after only serving like half.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:13:58 PM EDT
[#48]
14 years ago I got screwed over in MO, because he was unarmed.  I was young (21) and cocky and told the cops that I wasn't too scared.

In the end the jury saw things my way but it did cost some money and a lot of stress for me and my family.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#49]
UPDATE

A friend with acquaintances in law enforcement down here said the DA will not charge the shooter.  Apparently a condom was found right by the door to the house where the burglar broke the window and the police are speculating that the burglar also planned on raping the female inside (which means he knew a woman was there...).

Still trying to find out make/caliber/weapon used, but the trajectory of the round and the damage indicates something powerful.  It seems the burglar was shot from an elevated position--with the shooter on the stairs--and the round entered the top of his shoulder travelling at a downward, tilted angle.  It punctured both of his lungs and then "lacerted the bottom portion of his heart."  

I don't know much about defensive ammunication but I'm guessing this guy did not use target ammo...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
UPDATE

A friend with acquaintances in law enforcement down here said the DA will not charge the shooter.  Apparently a condom was found right by the door to the house where the burglar broke the window and the police are speculating that the burglar also planned on raping the female inside (which means he knew a woman was there...).

Still trying to find out make/caliber/weapon used, but the trajectory of the round and the damage indicates something powerful.  It seems the burglar was shot from an elevated position--with the shooter on the stairs--and the round entered the top of his shoulder travelling at a downward, tilted angle.  It punctured both of his lungs and then "lacerted the bottom portion of his heart."  

I don't know much about defensive ammunication but I'm guessing this guy did not use target ammo...

note to me:  after shooting perp , turning on sprinkler and draggin' him in the house, throw condoms to the four winds!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top