Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2017 1:23:25 PM EDT
I have a friend traveling from VA to FL tomorrow. He has a CCW permit and we were both under the impression that GA didnt recognize VA permits. But according to this, they do. GA Permit  

Am I reading that wrong? When did this change?

If not, how should he carry it? I have read both a lock gloved compartment is ok and not ok. I told him to unload and put it in the trunk.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:29:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks.
View Quote
No worries.

Tell him to stop at Southern Soul BBQ on Saint Simons.

http://www.southernsoulbbq.com/
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep. Come on down
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Even if Georgia didn't recognize Virginia's permit (which we now do), he could still have it legally loaded anywhere in the car, just wouldn't be able to take it out of the car.  Not that the cops can stop you to ask whether you have a permit anyways...
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Even if Georgia didn't recognize Virginia's permit (which we now do), he could still have it legally loaded anywhere in the car, just wouldn't be able to take it out of the car.  Not that the cops can stop you to ask whether you have a permit anyways...
View Quote
And, if one were to take it out of the car as a matter of self defence of himself or others, GA's self-defense laws provide for an absolute defense against prosecution for almost any part.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top