Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 10:34:32 AM EDT
Me first me first.

Ok enough there.

What holds in the future for future digital video?

DVDs with blue lasers?  Streaming Video?  Wireless?  I'm curious to see what others think.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
... I'm curious to see what others think.

I think I can't believe we finally got a movie forum... and there's only one thread here.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I can't believe we finally got a movie forum... and there's only one thread here.

And I was FIRST.  Hehe.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And I was FIRST.  Hehe.

Oh, fook off!

On this note.  What is the best deal for digital video cam cordes.  I need to buy one ASAP.   (first one, btw)
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And I was FIRST.  Hehe.

Oh, fook off!

On this note.  What is the best deal for digital video cam cordes.  I need to buy one ASAP.   (first one, btw)

Depends what you are looking for?  You need HDV?  I like the canon line, especially the XL series that uses the EOS lense system, but if you don't need something that complicated you might look at the Optura line.

I've also heard good things about the sony higher up line, though I'm not crazy about their production standards.

consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=ProductCatIndexAct&fcategoryid=102
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:40:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I have always had good luck with Sony, but not sure about their optical stuff.
For cameras, even digital, I like going with people who know lenses.  Canon, Nikon, etc.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:44:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have always had good luck with Sony, but not sure about their optical stuff.
For cameras, even digital, I like going with people who know lenses.  Canon, Nikon, etc.

I do like how sony contracted with Zeiss to build their camera optics.  That was a smooth move on Sony's part.

I've been impressed with the quality of the pictures i get out of my Fujinon lenses too.

Manufacturing standards have increased production quality ten fold in the last decade, I think.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:51:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Three words, Sony, Sony, Sony.

I just bought a new camcorder so I'm fresh off a couple months of comparison shopping.

How much you want to spend?

What style? Conventional or upright?

Is size or weight a consideration?

How much image quality do you need?

Is the digicam function important to you? (It can be quite handy!)

What is your main purpose for the cam?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:12:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm going to have to jump on the Sony bandwagon. If we were talking audio equipment it would be a different story but in video land, they have their stuff tightly packed.

Bomber
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top