Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2009 10:55:14 PM EDT
Last night the Sgt in my neighboring sector took a DV call and the suspect fled before we got there.

Me and another officer went to the city of XXXXXX to try and hook him for assault but the address the wife gave was bogus.

Just prior to leaving XXXXX (my)  city limits to try and find him, the Sgt's final words were, "no drama outside the city limits, if the guy won't open the door, just walk away."

No problem since the address was phoney.

I gotta take a raging piss so we go 3 blocks towards the airport and turn into a 7/11 so I can handle my business.

A guy jumps from his car and dead sprints towards the other patrol car and starts yelling that another male, who just walked into 7/11 had brandished a handgun and threatened him.

So much for no drama.

At least I had done the smart thing and had told my dispatcher to let city XXXX's dispatch know we were in their sandbox and why.

So I got a good angle to shoot with a good backdrop of a rock retaining wall and the other officer got his engine as cover...now we got him "L'ed" out. and we won't have to put rounds into the place where customers were standing if he comes to the door and starts shooting.

Of course we called out on it and County is enroute....the guy had just committed the act as we were pulling into the parking lot and that's why he went back inside.

I can see him and he sees our patrol cars outside so he won't come out.

I'm kicking people out of the lot and actually making people put their product down and leave the inside by waving 'em out and when they look confused, showing them my gun.

That worked well.

As county is arriving the jerk walks out and of course, no hablo. I utilize my survival spanish, telling him to show me his hands a couple of times, but he's eating a burrito with his gun hand and has a sack of suds in the other.

So I bums rushed him, hooked my left arm under his right armpit, placing my hand on his shoulder (I'm at his right side at a 90 deg angle to his torso and my hand is now on the back side of his shoulder) and I rotate his arm up and back, towards the sky and his head towards the pavement, trying to keep his right hand away from his right side because that is where the victim said the gun was.

This manuever, which I'm sure someone has invented, patented, and sold in the large glossy ads in a gun magazine somewhere, but which I kinda made up on the fly last night, worked very well and his face went forward and then down into the sidewalk. I was able to do this and actually re-holster while holding onto the arm.

County then jumped 3 sets of knees into his back and he was cuffed.

The gun (later id'ed as airsoft Walther .380 replica) had been ditched onto a shelf inside but was recovered.

I got back in my patrol car to see a waiting msg from the sgt, joking luckily, "I'm gonna skin and gut the both of you."

That sir, is the kinda of luck I have....
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:23:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Shit magnet.

I pulled in behind a commercial building at o'dark thirty to take a piss and interrupted a burg in progress.......

Brian
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:46:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Shit magnet.

God that was my nickname when I was on the road. I couldnt tie my boots with out getting involved in some kind of f'd up situation. LOL

J-

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:57:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit magnet.

God that was my nickname when I was on the road. I couldnt tie my boots with out getting involved in some kind of f'd up situation. LOL

J-

the people that arent shit magnets can never understand how we get into stuff like this either. I have guys that are absolutely convinced that I go looking for arsons in progress and abandonded toddlers in the street at 0300 hrs and crazy hobos running through alleys firing a gun in the air, ect. The truth is that i go to work everyday looking for good arrests and good stuff to get into but half of the really insane, clusterfuck calls really just drop in my lap.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:03:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Did you ever get to take a piss?

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:21:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit magnet.

J-

the people that arent shit magnets can never understand how we get into stuff like this either. I have guys that are absolutely convinced that I go looking for arsons in progress and abandonded toddlers in the street at 0300 hrs and crazy hobos running through alleys firing a gun in the air, ect. The truth is that i go to work everyday looking for good arrests and good stuff to get into but half of the really insane, clusterfuck calls really just drop in my lap.

Yep they will never understand.The only time I had someone half way understand was when I had a partner that used to accuse me of getting into shit on purpose. She rode with me for one weekend and then understood that it I couldnt avoid shit, even if I tried.LOL

J-

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes...while they were doing the search of the store for the firearm, I was searching the bathroom.  I had to go so bad that I didn't even notice how dirty the 7/11 bathroom was or whether there was a cup in there.  I've noticed numerous 7/11's with plastic cups near the toilet and have decided some of the clerks are creating their own bidets.

I had sent a msg to the sgt just moments prior to this happening....like less than 60 seconds earlier....that this neighborhood is an incredible fishing hole and that you couldn't skip a rock across it without hitting a couple of felonies.

It looked like an felon ant hill while we drove through it.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:22:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This manuever, which I'm sure someone has invented, patented, and sold in the large glossy ads in a gun magazine somewhere, but which I kinda made up on the fly last night, worked very well and his face went forward and then down into the sidewalk. I was able to do this and actually re-holster while holding onto the arm.

Cops don't get enough credit for how creative we are.

Good job brother.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes...while they were doing the search of the store for the firearm, I was searching the bathroom.  I had to go so bad that I didn't even notice how dirty the 7/11 bathroom was or whether there was a cup in there.  I've noticed numerous 7/11's with plastic cups near the toilet and have decided some of the clerks are creating their own bidets.

I had sent a msg to the sgt just moments prior to this happening....like less than 60 seconds earlier....that this neighborhood is an incredible fishing hole and that you couldn't skip a rock across it without hitting a couple of felonies.

that means whoever is suppost to be patrolling that place is napping on the job instead of handling their bidness! You should be able to at least observe the local turdbags stiffen up a little when you pass. That lets you know theres some fear and respect there for you at least.

I hate it when i go to slap the cuffs on somebody and they act all surprised and say something like "well officer i didnt think this was a problem, the last cop that stopped me wasnt concerned about the dime sack in my pocket, or that im driving with a suspended DL and multiple prior convictions, ect ect."
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that means whoever is suppost to be patrolling that place is napping on the job instead of handling their bidness! You should be able to at least observe the local turdbags stiffen up a little when you pass. That lets you know theres some fear and respect there for you at least.

I hate it when i go to slap the cuffs on somebody and they act all surprised and say something like "well officer i didnt think this was a problem, the last cop that stopped me wasnt concerned about the dime sack in my pocket, or that im driving with a suspended DL and multiple prior convictions, ect ect."

It's a city that is patrolled by a sheriff dept. under a contract....so it is severely understaffed.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Never underestimate a good piss. I was going to a secluded area in our city to take a good one about midnight in 2003 when I found a vehicle arson that led to an on site arrest and the solving of a capital murder.
I got all kinds of awards for catching a killer.
I wish I could say it was great police work but the truth is I had to pee and was going to the boonies to do it.
God wanted that guy caught because I would have missed him had I been there 30 seconds later.
Dumb luck plays a part in what we do.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 9:51:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm just glad to see this kind of thing happens to others too, I thought it was a curse now I can breath a little easier.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 3:25:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit magnet.

J-

We had a Deputy who was training a new guy.  Call comes out for a missing persons in the next sector, female didn't come home from the bar Friday night. He was close...so trying to set a good example for the rookie (and a fine training opportunity) he jumps the call, figuring "oh, she just hooked up with someone at the bar last night and didn't come home to hubby"

Turns into like a week long homicide investigation culminating in Hubby leading them to the dead body.

D'oh

Link Posted: 5/3/2009 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top