Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2002 4:12:17 PM EDT
Going on vacation soon to the, Sanibel / Captiva Islands, any recomendations on fun stuff to do, or places to visit ?
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmmmm, lots of shelling, beach walking and some pretty good fishing...oh yeah, hitting the little white ball, too.  Haven't been there in about 5 years, but was kinda off the tourista path last time I was there, which was a big part of the charm.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:32:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hmmmmm, lots of shelling, beach walking and some pretty good fishing...oh yeah, hitting the little white ball, too.  Haven't been there in about 5 years, but was kinda off the tourista path last time I was there, which was a big part of the charm.
View Quote

Thanks for the intel. was told it was a laid back place, I need some good R&R, I guess I dont need to take the AR !! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I go every year, eat at Cheeburger Cheeburger, Morgans Forest, The Timbers, Sanibel Steakhouse, and Pippins on Sanibel Island. Try The Bubble Room and The Mucky Duck on Captiva Island. You are correct these Island are very laid back and great for relaxation. Great fishing, shelling and snorkeling. Be very careful of stingrays and other such critters, the Gulf is full of them, I was stung on both feet a couple of years ago, unbelievable pain. I always stay at the same place  [url]www.shalimar.com[/url] , but I'm sure you already have reservations. Have a great time, and be VERY happy, not many people get to go to Paradise before they die....[:D]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Sanibel is fun. try the Bubble room. It's a gas.
    If you want a taste of what the REAL old Florida was like, drive up the coast to Cape Haze and spend the $3.75 toll to get out to Gaspirilla Island and visit Boca Grande. You won't believe it. It's too bad the "billionares are kicking the millionares out" like the lady in the local grocery store told us, but the place is still something to see. Denzel Washington was down there this week filming a new movie. They call it "Banyon Key" in the movie. Pres Bush usually hits it once a year for vacation.
    The public beach and lighthouse museum are still something to see. Check out Banyon street and the little town. My wife and I rent a condo on the beach every year in the spring, and WE LIVE HERE!
    Have a great trip! Oh, and, Welcome to Florida!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Remember to take your .50 in case pirates try to invade the beach or something
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the intel.

Note to self : Bubble room, Sanibel Steakhouse, and Pippins on Sanibel Island. and The Mucky Duck.

Thanks all
[:D]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Remember to take your .50 in case pirates try to invade the beach or something
View Quote

Thanks, good need to know intel.
[:D]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for the intel. was told it was a laid back place, I need some good R&R, I guess I dont need to take the AR !! [:D]
View Quote

Ditto on the Mucky Duck, however, I personally do travel with an AR and a couple of handguns, regardless of how laid back an area is and I live in a beach community!  Never can tell when the boat people might show up!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top