Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2009 8:07:02 PM EDT
So I go to Cabela's tonight to kill off some time. I am pushing my kid around in a  shopping cart and showing him the fish. It was a good cheap way to kill off a Friday night.

I decide to head over to the gun counter because it usually produces a good story if you just hand out and eaves dop for about 60 seconds.

They were having a "gun show" (about 4 tables with 10 guns each on them). This guy wearing a bunch of camo and a Remington hat walks by with his 6(?) y.o son. They were looking at some shotguns and head over to a table with a few EBR's and some Tactical 870's.

Son-"Wow those look cool!"

Dad-"Those guns are just for policeman. Let's go look at the guns with the pretty wood on them instead."

Man, I could write a book with all the funny crap I hear there.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#1]
ignorance is also learned.....
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice. I need a part time job at a gun store.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Should've slid up next to him by the Perazzi's and said to your son "See these, they are just for Obama Voting turncoats".
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nice. I need a part time job at a gun store.

That's not a bad idea. You help fix the ignorant people that seem to work there. A few weeks ago I hear the guy telling  a lady who had asked about a good gun for home defense  a Browning Buckmark is good because it won't over penetrate the walls if you miss the bad guy.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#5]
My 5 year old daughter prefers the EBRs to "the guns with the pretty wood on them".

ETA: In a few years, my kid will be kicking his kid's ass.  And it's sad, really, because his kid had such promise....

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Is it really learned, or is it a result of the lack of learning?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Dad-"Those guns are just for policeman. Let's go look at the guns with the pretty wood on them instead."

Ok. Pretty wood. 800 rounds per minute, full auto only. Suck it fudd bitch.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:35:46 PM EDT
[#8]
My SAR-2 has some pretty wood on it.

A few hours on Counter Strike should sway the boy to our side.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it really learned, or is it a result of the lack of learning?

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:36:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I would have been tempted to kick him right in the genitals in front of his son for that comment about "pretty wood".
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice to see a Fudd raising his young son in ignorance.  Probably has one of those "Gun Owners For Obama" stickers on his car.

Personally, when my EBRs have all been banned, I won't give a damn when they ban his hunting rifles too.

In fact, I'll just sit by and not lift a finger to fight for their rights.  You know, like they act towards us.

No more shooting Bambi because your "sniper rifle" is too dangerous?  Don't like it all of a sudden when they are coming for you next?  Tough shit.

And they most assuredly WILL be coming for your "guns with the pretty wood on them" next, once they're done with ours.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#12]
At least he had his kid where they sell guns and was taking him to look at them.

I hate the "us vs them" mentality within our own ranks and it divides our strength.

Calling people like that names is as bad as the guy making the ignorant "police" comments about the guns.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:40:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh147/frozensalami/STG1928.jpg

F/A only? Neat! I don't know much about thompsons.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:40:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Poor kid never had a chance in his formative years........
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh147/frozensalami/STG1928.jpg

F/A only? Neat! I don't know much about thompsons.

Real TSMG are select-fire. That one is a Stemple 76/45 in a Thompson disguise. It uses a genuine Thompson lower frame so it has the single - auto selector switch, but it does nothing. Both modes are full-auto. But why would you want to shoot it on semi anyway?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#16]
"Wood" is what you get when you have an EBR/SBR/AR15/Thompson/Class III etc etc.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I would have been tempted to kick him right in the genitals in front of his son for that comment about "pretty wood".

8. Fuddly McFudd at Cabela's
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:48:18 PM EDT
[#18]
My AK has some "pretty wood"

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#19]
so does my Garand
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Not all is lost. My dad's an Obama and Franken voting Fuddtard; and my mom, as sweet as she is and as much as I love her firmly believes that less guns will equal less crime.  When I told my dad about buying my AP4 he asked "What do you need one of them for?" Sometimes kids turn out alright in spite of their parents.

Sully.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:11:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Wow that is gorgeous. I get a little choked up looking at that.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone have a pic of one of curlymaple's ARs?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wow that is gorgeous. I get a little choked up looking at that.

thanks, she's a 1955 Harrington & Richardson CMP Service Grade. What's neat to me is that the barrel is marked 5-55, rifle is 30 years older than I am, I was born 5-85

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#24]
i love going to the gun stores as so many people who go are incredibly oblivious to many things gun related.

oh, and i absolutely HATE the ghetto trash that frequent the gun stores i go to. ARGH  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top