Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2007 2:31:05 PM EDT
Go Dicky boy!

WASHINGTON - Vice President Dick Cheney refused Friday to take back his charge that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's opposition to President Bush's Iraq war buildup is playing into the hands of the al-Qaida terrorist network.

"If you're going to advocate a course of action that basically is withdrawal of our forces from Iraq, then you don't get to just do the fun part of that, that says, 'We'll, we're going to get out,' and appeal to your constituents on that basis," Cheney said.

The vice president had voiced the same criticism of Pelosi earlier this week during a visit to Japan, and the California Democrat accused the vice president of questioning her patriotism, saying she was going to call President Bush directly with her complaint.

"I hope the president will repudiate and distance himself from the vice president's remarks," Pelosi said. She ended up talking with White House chief of staff Josh Bolten instead of Bush.

The long-distance quarrel began in Tokyo, where Cheney earlier this week used an interview to criticize Pelosi and Rep. John Murtha, D-Pa., over their plan to place restrictions on Bush's request for an additional $93 billion for the Iraq war to make it difficult or impossible to send 21,500 extra troops to Iraq.

During Friday's interview in Sydney with ABC News, Cheney said, "I'm not sure what part of it is that Nancy disagreed with. She accused me of questioning her patriotism. I didn't question her patriotism. I questioned her judgment."

"You also have to be accountable for the results. What are the consequences of that? What happens if we withdraw from Iraq?," he said. "And the point I made and I'll make it again is that al-Qaida functions on the basis that they think they can break our will. That's their fundamental underlying strategy, that if they can kill enough Americans or cause enough havoc, create enough chaos in Iraq, then we'll quit and go home. And my statement was that if we adopt the Pelosi policy, that then we will validate the strategy of al-Qaida. I said it and I meant it."

Asked if he was willing to take back his criticism of Pelosi, Cheney replied, "I'm not backing down."

Calling a spade a spade, as it were.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:33:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm... Is there a spine growing here?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Good for him.

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Dick Cheney has always had the big brass ones.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#4]
He needs to take that bitch duck hunting,
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:51:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

??  Cheney has always been a hardass...

It'll be interesting to see how Bush replies though.  He seems to be caving in a bit lately...  But damn do I hope he gives her the old "go fuck yourself..."
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dick Cheney has always had the big brass ones.

Rgr that.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:55:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:58:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Damm I love Dick Cheney.  Life can be fun when you don't give a damm about getting elected to anything ever again
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Aint it funny how Pislosey cry's when somebody smacks her , but her whole party can slam anybody all day long with out batting an eye .

Cry baby libtards ...............
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Aint it funny how Pislosey cry's when somebody smacks her , but her whole party can slam anybody all day long with out batting an eye .

Cry baby libtards ...............

Exactly fucking right.  They're a bunch of fucking hypocrites and they always have been.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:09:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Go Dicky boy!

During Friday's interview in Sydney with ABC News, Cheney said, "I'm not sure what part of it is that Nancy disagreed with. She accused me of questioning her patriotism. I didn't question her patriotism. I questioned her judgment."

"Nancy"...not "Speaker of The House"...not "Madam Speaker"...but "Nancy"

The  DUh must be in melt-down right about now!
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:11:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I love Dick Cheney.  I wish he'd tell her to pound sand up her ass!

HH
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#13]
They really couldn't have done anything more in our favor that make her speaker. She's a shit nuts spoiled bitch thats already pissed off people left and right in her own party.

Hopefully she'll just lose it and start screaming in an interview about what a jew hating nazi asshole he is and we'll be done with her entirely.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#14]
The damn shame is that Cheney talks the talk and walks the walk too well to ever be president.  He's not enough of a politician.

That said, I LOVE having him up as high as we can get him.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I often wonder how Big Dick Cheney manages the personal discipline, given his heart condition, to keep himself calm and not launch himself across a desk and rip peoples throats out with this teeth...because deep down iniside, I think that is precisely what he wants to do...and why I've always liked him.

Never seen the man screw up a debate either.  He always seems to come out on top.

What can I say.

I like Dick.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Cheney/Tancredo 08!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I often wonder how Big Dick Cheney manages the personal discipline, given his heart condition, to keep himself calm and not launch himself across a desk and rip peoples throats out with this teeth...because deep down iniside, I think that is precisely what he wants to do...and why I've always liked him.

Never seen the man screw up a debate either.  He always seems to come out on top.

What can I say.

I like Dick.

Yeah, like during the debate when dickface brought up Cheney's daughter Mary.  You know he wanted to rip what little of a spine he could find out of that peckerwood!
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#18]
It would be awsome to see him kick the shit out of her and then post it on youtube
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:48:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey Nancy, "Pound sand up your ass."

In honor of HH
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#20]
What fuck, is this preschool?  He refused to "take back" his comment?  

Holy fucking dogshit, if you're a journalist at least make an attempt to use "grown up" phrases.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Yeah, like during the debate when dickface brought up Cheney's daughter Mary.  You know he wanted to rip what little of a spine he could find out of that peckerwood!

His reaction that night made me see exactly the kind of person Dick Cheney is.  Somebody tried to use his daughter against him and he took it like a man and politely told them to fuck off.  I would have LOVED to have been backstage when the debate was done.

He truly is a great American and he should be given a shot at President.  I do believe he would do for us what we hoped Pres. Bush would do.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
www.rightwingnews.com/graphics/cheney.jpg

Please tell me you have a wallpaper-sized version of that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No... I wish I did.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
What can I say.

I like Dick.

Out of context sig-line of the week!

Woody
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

If he doesn't get her, the boating accident will.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:04:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Save picture as, browse and the pick stretch instead of center. Its alittle grainy but otherwise all right
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I can honestly say that Dick Cheney very well represents the spirit and the attitude of the people of Wyoming..and I am proud.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#29]
usually he gets right to the heart of the matter...

asked by somone.. i saw this a month ago on tv.. as to whether or not hilary clinton would make a good president he said 'no she would not be a good president'..

when asked why.. he said.. because she's a democrat...

end of story....
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Hey Nancy, "Pound sand up your ass."

In honor of HH

OMG! D3 is Dick Cheney!
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:32:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

a   BIG  +1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top