Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 8:09:20 AM EDT
This was my friend-

(February 14, 2006) — Driver detained after fatal crash

A Hamlin woman has died from injuries she sustained Sunday in a two-car crash on Route 19.

Maria Lester, 51, was southbound on Route 19 just after 5 p.m. Sunday when her vehicle was struck by a car at the intersection of Hamlin-Clarkson Townline Road, said Monroe County Sheriff's Cpl. John Helfer.

Lester was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital, where she died Monday, Helfer said.

Deputies said the driver of the car on Hamlin-Clarkson Townline Road, Crombel Cruz-Sipreanas, 28, of 4076 Redman Road, failed to stop at a stop sign and left the scene of the accident.

Cruz-Sipreanas was located nearby and was ticketed for leaving the scene of a serious accident, for driving without a license, operating without insurance and for having an unregistered vehicle with no inspection.

The U.S. Border Patrol also asked that Cruz-Sipreanas be detained, alleging that he was an illegal alien.

He was sent to the Monroe County Jail; Helfer said additional charges were possible.

I'm sick to death of this.
Located nearby hiding in some bushes.

This must stop.

I can't imagine what the Southwest is going through
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top