Posted: 11/20/2003 2:09:14 PM EDT
poll coming if the site will let me.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#1]
What NAFTA the final chapter?

The EU of the Americas?

What are you crazy?

Say good bye to US soveregnity.

We will end up in a depression for sure.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Another NAFTA. Jobs go again!

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Stop the presses, Bill and Myself agreeing on something ;)

cool!
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#4]
hmm, ya'll appear to be in the minority.  Lets hear from some of the Yeas huh?
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#5]
for those who don't know what this is

www.ftaa-alca.org/alca_e.asp

The effort to unite the economies of the Americas into a single free trade area began at the Summit of the Americas, which was held in December 1994 in Miami, U.S.A. The Heads of State and Government of the 34 democracies in the region agreed to construct a Free Trade Area of the Americas, or FTAA, in which barriers to trade and investment will be progressively eliminated. They agreed to complete negotiations towards this agreement by the year 2005 and to achieve substantial progress toward building the FTAA by 2000. The Heads of State and Government further directed their ministers responsible for trade to take a series of concrete initial steps to achieve the Free Trade Area of the Americas. Their decisions regarding these steps are contained in the Miami Summit's Declaration of Principles and Plan of Action.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Probably won't happen, the neo-cons can't defend this one......
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stop the presses, Bill and Myself agreeing on something ;)
cool!

I wasn't aware we had been disagreeing.

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably won't happen, the neo-cons can't defend this one......

I find it ironic that there's a thread with tons of replies about how great it is that protestors are getting their hat-racks cracked, and yet nobody has anything to say about the issue at the root of the protests.
Either that or most of our members are too stupid to figure out what FTAA is.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:52:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I was avoiding that thread about the protests, to many feelings in that one. Not to many thinking logically in it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I think that the FTAA is a joke. We have already exported most of our semi-skilled industrial labor, so these countries won't get much.

I agree with the premis of the protest, not the application of it.

Too many anarchists who want to destroy things, and hide their identity, just like a lot of the SWAT JBT's....
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
... most of our members are too stupid to figure out what FTAA is.

Good chance!  

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:08:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... most of our members are too stupid to figure out what FTAA is.

Good chance!  www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/grinser/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Looks like we were right.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I guess this will mean cheaper and more plentiful marijuana from Mexico and Canada?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:01:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I see that the protestor thread resurfaced, let's try this again.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Still no explanation from the Yeas?

If we are to "unite the economies," are we going to instantly raise the standard of living in Mexico to that of the US?

Never happen.  Instead, the jobs will go to the cheap countries, and we we ALL live in squandor.  Gee, that sounds terrific.  Not only do I get to learn French and Spanish from my toilet paper packaging, but we can send all the jobs away and live in little huts too.

Hooray!

Idiotic self-destruction.  White Liberal Guilt.

Scott
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 1:29:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Do we want the US to adopt the Canadian model of health care, etc.?

The answer is obvious.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 1:32:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I guess this will mean cheaper and more plentiful marijuana from Mexico and Canada?

At least the canadians contribute something decent.
Mexicans can't even manage to grow a decent 'weed.   sheesh.. what a sad little country.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 1:35:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I rather like being top of the heap, and would prefer not to raise the standard of living for any other country.

Call me selfish. <shrug>, I don't care.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#19]
This is pathetic. 60% yea and none of them have the schnutz to speak up?  Why is that I think that just because some dirties were protesting, many of our less-than-eduacted members voted yes?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#20]
It's always a terrible idea to subvert our sovereignty with respect to these international/supranational bodies: WTO, IMF, UN, etc.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:09:37 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm going to keep trying until you 55% dumbasses nut-up and defend your position.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top