Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 11:48:19 AM EDT
Hello Fellow Members!

I have to say that in the last few years this forum has played a significant role in my life. While not posting here often, I have been reading threads here almost every day. It is absolutely amazing how much useful and interesting information we can get just by sharing our thoughts and discoveries with other members.

Running a successful forum is a full time job, and system administrators and moderators here are doing exceptional work in keeping this fantastic forum in tact.  

This forum has become an inspiration for me. Seeing and feeling all the good that have been presented to me here, brought me to the idea of a mega-forum site creation. When I say ‘mega-forum’ I mean Internet site that would run certain software package witch would allow to host a variety of forums dedicated to a different topics. Those forums should not have any size, structure or branch depth limitations. And, most importantly, service should be absolutely free.

Being software developer myself, I begun to work on this project in my spare/free time. Currently, I have reached the point where to successfully continue my work I need opinions of other people.

Let me present  you with  Www.Timur.Com . Currently this forum server is far from perfection. I have a list of additions and improvements that I am planning to add and implement. I would greatly appreciate your opinions (positive and negative) about the structure and presentation of my forum engine.

I am in no way attempting to compete with this forum server. There is no need to improve something that is already perfect. There are so many other topics and areas of interest that have not been satisfied or discovered yet. My application can host any variety of discussion forums for schools, colleges and any other organizations and groups of shared common interest.

Please visit  Www.Timur.Com  and let me know your thoughts on how to improve my forum application. Your input is greatly appreciated. If you find that my forum engine approach may be useful for you, please use it!

Thank you!

Tim

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#1]
As I said before this project is still under development, but it is at the stage where it can be used. Improvements will come. To move in the right direction I need opinions of other people... system users. Sometimes it is hard to see flaws when system is not in real use. So, far it is just me hough
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top