Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 8:00:53 AM EDT

Anyone familiar with this?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:02:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Hardshell had one. He posted his impressions a while back. IIRC, he found it high in "cool" factor, but not a great gun.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a SPAS 12 top folder. Got rid of it as soon as I shot a Benelli M1S90.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:07:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Is the Franchi that bad or the Benelli that good?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:16:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a SPAS 12 .... yeah, it's "COOL" but kinda useless otherwise. It functioned well and was accurate. But it was very heavy and why the hell ya need a pump AND auto built into one?  

I liked my "LAW 12" better ..... the auto version. I sill have the full choke tupe laying around somewhere for it ...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:17:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Benelli is that good.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:18:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
. But it was very heavy and why the hell ya need a pump AND auto built into one?  

IIRC (at least for the Benelli M3) Benelli did that because low powered rounds (non-lethal types) wouldn't always cycle the semi autos. So the pump was for when a cop wanted to use special purpose rounds.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:26:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I had one too and sold it to get a Benelli M3.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:37:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:49:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is the Franchi that bad or the Benelli that good?

The Franchi wasn't necessarily "bad" (seemed rather advanced when purchased around 1981) but it was a bit bulky and ungainly. Hardly comfortable.

The Benelli was of course, a dream.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#10]
The only thing it has going for it is the KOOL factor.  There are a lot of better guns other there that will do the same thing.  As pointed out the Benelli will shoot rings around the Franchi but it looks like a normal shotgun so it doesnt have that hollywood cool look to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top